-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Alas, I must withdraw my own invite. Too much going on to get away. I apologize if I have caused any inconvenience.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tracy - sorry to hear this - we will miss you a bunch.

Bob - great news !!

So, the roster now looks something like this:

Miles Patton
Darby
Ken and Judy
Dennis and one buddy
Kent and Cheryl
Brian
Randy
Mark and Joy
Jeff P
Jeff H and maybe one buddy
Ben
Mark and Marcia
Kaywoodie plus three
Ed and one buddy
RiverRider
John C
Jim M
Blue
Paul and Maddy

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
Alas, I must withdraw my own invite. Too much going on to get away. I apologize if I have caused any inconvenience.

Dang- was looking forward to catching up with you.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green

Dang- was looking forward to catching up with you.

Same here. Just too much going on here and not enough time and money. We have a new political Captain and a major encampment found UNDER a street about 100 yards from an elementary school.
These drug addicted homeless are like cockroaches. I am helping to coordinate the removal and reclamation of the site, as well as trying to manage the 226 RVs inhabited by the aforementioned drug addicts. The PUC-Wastewater and Sewage Treatment have me on speed dial as the State Water management Quality Board is about to hammer the City due to the levels of untreated human waste bacteria in the bay. The fines are based on the premise that the City is not properly treating the sewage and just releasing it into the bay. What the system does take in account is that up to 8000 people daily are dumping their "Honey Buckets" into the storm drains which lead out to the bay. As two of the test sites are in my district and I have a good knowledge of who is who at the street level, I am being consulted weekly if not daily on the whereabouts and activities of the homeless. Though I have no rank, I am in great demand. I am less and less of a cop and more and more a "fixer".

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Take the good with the bad!

I remember those days.

NRA Benefactor Member

IC B2

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Caught some fish to fry on friday... Cheryl out fished me as usual.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Kent - they look delicious already.

Tracy - I'm truly sorry about those working conditions, and even more sorry they will cause you to miss our gathering.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Willow Springs??

NRA Benefactor Member

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Tracy, any chance you can send your wife and/or those wonderful daughters? It has been great to have good folks like the Greens at our gatherings. Sad to hear, but understand well, that duty calls, often when we had other plans. We will miss you.

Bob. . . bring your harmonica. Good to hear that you will attend.

Brian, big thanks for your hospitality last year; I'm bringing my own accommodations this year and am willing to share.
Someone who needs a roof over their head is welcome at my camp. You might want to bring a cot to get off the floor of the utility trailer.

krp- - nice work on the fishing expedition, thanks for the fun photos. As always we truly appreciate all your contributions to the success of this shebang. I'll bring coffee, foam plates, plastic cups and some cash to help keep this tradition going. Caffeine is more important as I age. Gracefully, I hope.

“You must endeavour to enjoy the pleasure of doing good. That is all that makes life valuable.”
Robert E. Lee, in a letter to his invalid wife.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My daughter Julia and I (Kevin) are planning on attending.

Does anyone know if Anjin (Norman) and his daughter Mary will be attending? Julia is anxious to see Mary again.

Tracy, sorry to hear that you can't make the trip this year. I was hoping we would have a chance to catch up and Julia was looking forward to seeing your girls.

Are any kids going to be there this year?

Last edited by High_Noon; 07/29/19.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Gentlemen and ladies,

I have deliberately waited until the last days to communicate my last minute decision of whether I can come or not. As some of you know, I underwent serious back surgery 3 months ago, in San Francisco. The recovery that I was ignorantly hoping would be over in several weeks is apparently taking several months. My Dr is pleased with my progress, which to me is painfully slow. He now says he expects me to be in pretty good shape when he next sees me in October. Wow. He does consider the surgery a success, and I am glad I had it, as I was in a bad way. It just takes damaged nerves a longer time than I expected to heal and settle down. I could have been on Norco continuously for the past 3 months, but all the stories about addiction scare me enough that I have only been taking it a couple of times a week when I really needed to. So pain has been my companion.

Every week or two I can definitely see slight improvement, and the pain is gradually decreasing. I am doing Physical Therapy twice a week, which I believe is helping, also. My biggest recovery goal and reward I had set up for myself, was this trip to Armijo Springs to spend some quality time with such a fine group of friends. My wife and I sat down and had a heart-to-heart discussion today and decided that there is just no way that I am ready to take such a long trip from our home in Northern California to New Mexico and back at this time. By the time I made it there I would probably have to spend most of my time in the bed, and wouldn't be able to enjoy visiting with folks. I might set back my recovery, and I don't want that. Every day when I climb out of bed I check to see if a miraculous leap in my recovery has taken place over night, but it hasn't happened.

So, my friends, I will be there in spirit, but not in body. I will be eagerly watching for posts and pictures. I hope I can make it to the next get-together at the new location. Have fun, and safe travels to all.

Milo

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Your recovery is what counts, not your nose, Milo.

We will hoist an additional beverage in your honor, but we will be hard pressed to find another "greeter" with your skills. I certainly appreciated the welcoming information you provided at Tonto.

Best wishes and keep up with that PT schedule.

“You must endeavour to enjoy the pleasure of doing good. That is all that makes life valuable.”
Robert E. Lee, in a letter to his invalid wife.
K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Just for folks to think about and discuss... The Tonto event has run it's course and the reason for it. But if some still want a winter event then many of us will come. I would come to an event that I'm not hosting, 2 was getting to be to much, I would help cook and all but would like the option of throwing a camp in the truck bed and just showing up... Somewhere in the southwest... Someone would have to host.

Kent

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Take care of yourself Milo. Your health is your number one concern.

Kent, I fully support you. No reason that we could not gather and just be on our own for meals, or share with each other.

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp
Just for folks to think about and discuss... The Tonto event has run it's course and the reason for it. But if some still want a winter event then many of us will come. I would come to an event that I'm not hosting, 2 was getting to be to much, I would help cook and all but would like the option of throwing a camp in the truck bed and just showing up... Somewhere in the southwest... Someone would have to host
Kent

Kent, recently I've been thinking along similar lines and have half an idea - well, maybe not quite half yet - for some kind of easy SW winter get together. More later.
P

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Milo - thanks for your message - and you know that we will miss you. There will be a joyful next time. Just happenstance, but a few months ago I was reading what you posted about the back surgery in SF and feeling sympathy for you - understanding all too well. At the end of 2018 I underwent a long hospital treatment followed by 6 weeks of lock down while on IV antibiotics in a battle against a threatening spinal infection. By mid February I was weak as a kitten - had plenty of pain and could do almost nothing. All of that on top of a complete right bicep separation from the cuff not long before the spine infection was diagnosed, Once the tide was turned, willing myself off the heavy oxycodone was a must - and it worked to steadily decrease the dosage to zero - took 4 weeks, during which I began to push myself very hard physically, That has helped a lot, although I'm not all the way back and still face the shoulder replacement some day before too long. I report the above very reluctantly but have done so with the thought that this may help to encourage a very good man during a time of disappointment.. So, YES, do the PT religiously and get back to our Campfire.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by High_Noon
My daughter Julia and I (Kevin) are planning on attending.

Does anyone know if Anjin (Norman) and his daughter Mary will be attending? Julia is anxious to see Mary again.

Tracy, sorry to hear that you can't make the trip this year. I was hoping we would have a chance to catch up and Julia was looking forward to seeing your girls.

Are any kids going to be there this year?

just the over 21..... make that over 51 types....at least as far as I know...

I will attempt to act more respectable than usual.

Milo,

sorry you won't be there.. at the same time.. I'll give a wave when I pass thru Redding tomorrow...

just concentrate on taking care of your back at this time...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well, put Julia and I down as a "maybe."

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Happy Birthday to Jeff Page, July 30th.

39 again and counting...

Happy Birthday Jeff!

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Kent,

I only met you and your lady once and your food was amazing. but I bet most of the crowd would miss you far more than they would miss your food. So I suggest you be legendary and let some of us try to shine in the cooking department. Though when I make it back, and if I am cooking anything, suggestions will be gratefully accepted.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (1minute, 1234, 007FJ, 160user, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 59 invisible), 2,092 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,778
Posts18,495,871
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.