Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
JamesJr Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I hit a bunch of Walmarts last year looking for bargains. Scored my share and probably then some. I'd check the SKU on Brickseek, then go to the store. I went to several where the "expert" behind the sporting goods counter told me that they were sold out of a particular item. I'd tell the "expert" that Brickseek showed it was in inventory, then said "expert" would tell me that Brickseek was wrong. I'd then ask them if they would mind going to the storeroom and look for it, and bingo.....the item they said they didn't have would magically appear.

Now, could it have been that they really didn't believe they had it......that's possible, and I'll be the first to say that I've been wrong many times myself. I also experienced a couple of cases where they said that it was possible the item had been stolen, as that particular store suffered a lot of thefts. But, then bottom line was that in just about every case when Brickseek said that a certain item was in stock, it really was.

Just as I'm sure that not every Walmart employee is hiding the good deals for their buddies, I'm also certain that some of them do. It's no different than on here where we share information among ourselves, at least to a certain degree. Every Walmart employee that I have talked to has told me that they are not allowed to hold merchandise back for anyone. But, it would be easy to do, especially for a gun that's locked up in the back storage room.

So, maybe they do, maybe they don't....or perhaps better translated into some do, and some don't. I can't say as I blame them though, as it's just human nature to help out a buddy.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I've seen some back channel chatter about leupold rifleman scopes. Piss on that. Might could resell those to some mouth breathers on TnDeer.com

plastic Rem 700 in 270, that's a wet dream over there

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
any Weatherby's you wanna unload?

FJB & FJT
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Rooster7
We don't get schitt for decent, quality firearms in the Walmart's around here. They are mostly all Mossberg junk.

I'm not a Mossberg fan, but the Patriot bolt guns seem more robust than the Savage Axis and Model 500 pump guns seem about as tough and reliable as a crowbar.

I have a Western Field M550CR, a house brand Mossberg 500, 20 gauge and a Patriot in 6.5 Creedmoor, both of them functional, but not fancy, firearms.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
So what's the good price for the 11-87 going to be??

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
$260

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Whats the idea behind all this?

Flip this stuff?

Like selling a bag of oregano to a college kid?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I bought a Weatherby .243 last year with beautiful wood for about $300 for my daughter.
The guide guns went instantly and missed them. The ammo deals with the rebate were great!

"Jerry is dead, Phish suck time to get a job "
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by shootem

$349 at our local W-M.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by BayouRover
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by BayouRover
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by gophergunner
I work at the Lakeville, Mn store. Store #5992. I walked back through Sporting Goods today to see what had been discounted. There were some Tupperware 700's knocked down to $299.00. Didn't see much else on clearance besides those. As per what everyone says on here, I went out back to the loading docks and bought a half dozen Weatherby's off the warehouse guys for $100.00 a piece, because everyone on here knows the deals are at the back door................

Nice try!!!
Weatherby,s ain't been stocked since last years clearance.

Hahahaha!!!

I really think that he was just paraphrasing ("As per what everyone says on here") what he's heard about all of the Wally World employees getting the best deals. He wasn't being literal like you took it.

Hahahaha!!! on you...............

Ahhhhhh
Ok......

I think you might interpreting my post a little too deep.
I seen all the employee stunts last year as did many others on here.
I know exactly what he was saying.

LOL!!!

laugh Nothing that you have ever posted requires a lot of deep interpretation.

Whatever.....

IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by RandyR
I bought a Weatherby .243 last year with beautiful wood for about $300 for my daughter.
The guide guns went instantly and missed them. The ammo deals with the rebate were great!

They carry Tula 7.62x39
I dont care whatever price they sell that for.
Fugging squib round ammo.
Better off throwing rocks.
Now if they have some brass AM eagle 7.62x39 on fire sale status I would buy as much as I could of that .
SD of around 9fps.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by slumlord
I've seen some back channel chatter about leupold rifleman scopes. Piss on that. Might could resell those to some mouth breathers on TnDeer.com

plastic Rem 700 in 270, that's a wet dream over there

Hahaha!!!

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Haven’t been to a Walley Wirld in a while!

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

$349 at our local W-M.

Yeah that's what's showing in my area. Don't flip my switch. Only barrel length is 28" and it ain't exactly lightweight.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

$349 at our local W-M.

Yeah that's what's showing in my area. Don't flip my switch. Only barrel length is 28" and it ain't exactly lightweight.

Same at mine. Decent deal if you want it to shoot and own it. Not much left if you want to make a profit after sales tax.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

None of the freaking West Texas stores had a Weatherby.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Several years back I was looking for after season bargains on hunting/shooting items in the sporting goods dept closeout aisle of a local Walmart. Another younger man and woman shopping the same clearance aisle together, each pushing a cart, loading up on multiples of certain things. The man struck up a conversation and proceeded to tell me that he ran a little sideline home business and resold this clearance priced stuff at a pretty good profit next season. He said he had already bought up all the best of what they put on clearance when it was first put out and was just checking to see if anything else had been added or reduced even further. He then admitted with a wink, a grin and quick glance over his shoulder that he had a "friend" that worked in the sporting goods dept. that always tipped him off prior as to date and time so he could get first pick and snatch up what and all he wanted.

Also had a kind of dingy but nice enough young girl Walmart clerk wait on me buying rim-fire ammo once back during the big shortage. No .22 lr ammo in the locked glass display case behind the counter except a little rat-shot and a few shorts. I asked if they might have any more put back somewhere and she said that she didn't ordinarily work in that dept but would look and started fumbling around like she was looking but obviously didn't really have any idea where to start. After a couple minutes of that she squatted down and blindly ran her hand back deep beneath the checkout counter top and low and behold pulled out two or three 100 rd plastic boxes of 22lr hollow points that apparently another store clerk had put there for some reason. I bought what she had and thanked her for her extra effort.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I wanted one of those .243s for my son, but every time they said they were getting another one delivered, it was gone in a heartbeat.

Norm

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I also found a synthetic Weatherby for a friend that was around $250 and did learn a few things.
Do not call ahead to see if something that is on sale is available and not all Walmart's put clearance items out at the same time so you physically have to check.. The ammo was Federal blue box and would up being like $5 a box after rebate.

"Jerry is dead, Phish suck time to get a job "
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Whats the idea behind all this?

Flip this stuff?

Like selling a bag of oregano to a college kid?

Some are guys looking for a good deal on a gun for themselves or their kid.

Some are just like the [bleep] scum that would go to BigR and buy a pallet of .22's to drive them down to Great Falls and scalp them at the gun show. I've a fair command of the english language, but I'm not sure I know've a strong enough epithet to describe the practice.

MAGA
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (24HourCampFireGuy50, 10gaugemag, 1234, 257Bob, 22kHornet, 57 invisible), 2,768 guests, and 1,106 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,594
Posts18,532,480
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.