Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Amazing, you look so much healthier. I've got 3 kids ages 7, 5, and 3. They were my motivation last time I lost weight. I want to be there for them as long as I can. You inspire me. I ate a salad, several radishes and a smoothie yesterday. It's been a while since I did 4 servings of fresh veggies in one day. I had a sirloin too.. The tough one for me will be giving up ice cream.

Bb

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Way to stick to it.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
Amazing, you look so much healthier. I've got 3 kids ages 7, 5, and 3. They were my motivation last time I lost weight. I want to be there for them as long as I can. You inspire me. I ate a salad, several radishes and a smoothie yesterday. It's been a while since I did 4 servings of fresh veggies in one day. I had a sirloin too.. The tough one for me will be giving up ice cream.

Bb

Primal Blueprint allows fruit in moderation, it's still carbs, but blueberries topped with whipped cream is not ice cream but damn good!

Dave

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R

Bb

Your tastes change after being off all sugar and all artificial sweeteners for 3 months. You start being able to actually taste foods and now they taste wonderful without that sickly sweet poison called sugar. I make ice cream now from kale,avocado, banana,blueberries,blackberries,strawberries,coconut milk,and coconut oil, It's heavy on the green and fairly light on the berries but I treat it as one should treat ice cream and as a once in a while treat. I will sometimes snack on frozen blueberries or raspberries. The raspberries use to taste like those sour warheads to me but now seem sweet and tart. I

It's simply amazing when you realize how the addiction to sugar was driving all your taste and desire.

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by RDW

Bb

Primal Blueprint allows fruit in moderation, it's still carbs, but blueberries topped with whipped cream is not ice cream but damn good!

I eat the frozen blueberries with [bleep] yogurt which tastes like sour cream and is only 7 grams carbs per cup. Awesome if you like blueberry cheesecake. Stupid editor. it's
f
a
g
e

yogurt found at Walmart.

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 08/05/19.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by TRnCO
a big CONGRATS! Job well done. Takes a lot of will power and real motivation. Curious, what was your main motivator?

Honestly, not leaving my 10 year old fatherless.

One of the best reasons I can think of.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Fantastic! The transformation is truly amazing! Congratulations. R_H_Clark!

Your tastes change after being off all sugar and all artificial sweeteners for 3 months. You start being able to actually taste foods and now they taste wonderful without that sickly sweet poison called sugar. I make ice cream now from kale,avocado, banana,blueberries,blackberries,strawberries,coconut milk,and coconut oil, It's heavy on the green and fairly light on the berries but I treat it as one should treat ice cream and as a once in a while treat. I will sometimes snack on frozen blueberries or raspberries. The raspberries use to taste like those sour warheads to me but now seem sweet and tart. I

It's simply amazing when you realize how the addiction to sugar was driving all your taste and desire.

That is true, about changing taste and sugar addiction. Although I haven't ever been much overweight, I have reduced my sugar intake dramatically since my forties. My one vice though is my homemade ice cream, which I limit to less than six times a year. Can you post your ice cream recipe in detail?

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Congratulations, you should be proud. I know it couldn't have been easy.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Congrats on a job half done.......now you just have to keep it off!

Seriously, great job!

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Great Job.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Damn man.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"Honestly, not leaving my 10 year old fatherless."

Best reason I can think of. Years ago a close friend and his wife finally had a child when in their early 40s. My buddy was a good 150lbs overweight, had been for a very long time. Told me he was going to lose weight, so he could be around to teach their son how to hunt and shoot. Didn't happen. He never really got with the program, died of a heart attack when the kid was maybe 6 or 7. Kid did okay, just separated from the Marines after a hitch and two tours in the sand box.

Congrats on the transformation, but now it leaves me and a few others here that are still chunky and bald.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by RJY66

Seriously, great job!

I want to address that for one reason. I don't want anyone who has lost and gained before to be discouraged. I have lost and gained a lot over my lifetime but there is one huge difference this time. I am off the driving force for all my eating problems,SUGAR!

I am not on a "diet" anymore, as is something you have to start and get to stop. I am eating this way because it tastes great and makes me feel wonderful.I also have never once suffered from hunger on this diet,even when I was still eating massive amounts of the right foods compared to what I eat now,I lost weight at the same rate as I am still losing.

No SUGAR,NO GRAIN,NO POTATOES. and the weight will come off. You don't have to starve yourself or kill yourself exercising. I do a lot now because I worked up to it but my rate of weight loss has not changed much month to month. You just have to eat right and get good rest and do a little more than you are use to doing. That simple system works the same no matter what activity or exercise level you are at.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Congratulations on your success.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Well done! Sugar is the devil.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Congrats RH. Well done!

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B

Very dedicated! You should be proud.

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Bb

True many don't believe this - but years ago when I gave up sweets & salt - they both gross me out now . Salty food - yuk -the thought of drinking a soda eating candy or cake - no way . Every once in a while a cake doughnut and they seem overly sweet to me.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by RJY66

Seriously, great job!

I want to address that for one reason. I don't want anyone who has lost and gained before to be discouraged. I have lost and gained a lot over my lifetime but there is one huge difference this time. I am off the driving force for all my eating problems,SUGAR!

I am not on a "diet" anymore, as is something you have to start and get to stop. I am eating this way because it tastes great and makes me feel wonderful.I also have never once suffered from hunger on this diet,even when I was still eating massive amounts of the right foods compared to what I eat now,I lost weight at the same rate as I am still losing.

No SUGAR,NO GRAIN,NO POTATOES. and the weight will come off. You don't have to starve yourself or kill yourself exercising. I do a lot now because I worked up to it but my rate of weight loss has not changed much month to month. You just have to eat right and get good rest and do a little more than you are use to doing. That simple system works the same no matter what activity or exercise level you are at.

First, I want to say that losing 150lbs in a year is flat out awesome. You look like a different person and will be some inspiration for me. I have a similar amount of weight to lose.

I would also like to confirm that Sugar is really bad for you.... by that I mean the processed carbs found in breads and all the processed foods which tend to have sugar in them. They do tend to have a spiraling cycle as they make you crave more of that stuff when it's consumed. After trying a Whole30 diet, I found that I actually liked raw carrots for the first time. Carbs/sugar can be like an addictive drug and companies put this in processed food to get people to buy more.

Well, we don't rent pigs, and it's better to say it right up front because a man who does like to rent pigs is — well, he's hard to stop.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Crazy. Good. Stuff.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 1234, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17Fan, 62 invisible), 2,411 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,320
Posts18,487,413
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.