Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by RDW
It's the characters after .jpg in the link causing the issue.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Thanks RDW
I'm 10 lbs lighter now than those pictures but I added them cause they still show how much transformation is possible in just one year. I'm posting the pictures now because August last year is when I started.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
You the boss man. Well done!!!!

laissez les bons temps rouler
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Congrats on your weight loss!!
Hecka of a turn around for sure!!!

86 the blurpleish V neck t shirt and the black skinny leg pants dude.

Just saying...

Last edited by renegade50; 08/06/19.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
[Linked Image]

I found after losing 40lbs that the new wardrobe was the expensive part.

I also hated the "in between sizes" part.....Drove me nuts.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Great job.

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by renegade50

Just saying...

I ain't pretty no matter what . I lot 10 lbs or more every month. It has been crazy trying to buy clothes. I finally just started thrift store shopping until I get rid of ALL fat. I am 10-15 lbs lighter today than those last photos from page 8 on but I just wanted all the folks needing to lose weight here to see how much is possible.

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 08/06/19.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Very well done. Inspiring to see.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How many people can do what you did? 1% of the population? 1/2%? It ain't many!

Congrats!

Politics is War by Other Means
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Excellent!

Ted
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Outstanding transformation. Pictures really tell the story better than words ever could. Thinner and younger looking.

I get the wardrobe expense frustration. I have some carhart cargo pants I use for camping / hunting that I bought last time I was near goal weight, which I was so anxious to get back into. They're too big now. They'll be given to a brother or friend soon. The over $2k in new suits for work a couple months ago....now need to be taken in, and I now fear they won't make the cut when I'm at target weight 15 or so pounds from now....especially if I start putting on weight via muscle but continuing to slim the waist. But like the old lady said, it's a good problem to have.

A mistake I made in the past I won't repeat this time. As I grow out of the larger stuff now, it either gets trashed or donated. Not keeping anything oversized in the inventory anymore. If I need a reminder of how much I've lost, I've got pictures. Work clothes, dress clothes, casual clothes, hunting clothes....all of it. Costly proposition, but all of it gone and being replaced. I feel I would never let things go to a point that I'd have to buy a larger size now, but having larger sizes around of clothes I kept because they were expensive just gave me a too convenient and dangerous fall back position should I ever start to put on weight again. Those few pairs of too large dress slacks and shirts I kept "just because" wound up being worn daily again. Won't make that mistake twice.

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.
IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Outstanding.

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Sad
Campfire Tracker
W
Your postings have helped me lose 47 pounds in 10 weeks. With 30 pounds in the first month.
Not sure I can get to 150 but I would like to continue trending lower.
The pictures are amazing. Great job.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Won Congrads Brother, looking Great iv droped at 10 so far this summer, plus 10 this spring! and yes having to get new cloths! I stoped the bread & taters, and thats realy helped. over all trying to eat better!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Great job OP!
I lost about 60# cutting out carbs over a year, but have been stuck in a plateau for the last 4-5 months with just body composition changes and only slight waist decrease. I have to step up more cardio to add to my weights I guess.
Thrift shops sure do make the changing sizes a lot easier, especially for pants.

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Here is an interesting link. Congrats to everybody who has lost and to WYcoyte, That really blesses my heart to hear. keep up the good fight!

I eat more of a nutritarian diet now. I've been tweeking things for a month now adding in a few varieties of beans,red onions,and lots more mushrooms in particular all the time trying how to pack more perfect nutrition into every meal. That's the real key guys. Pack the best nutrition and least poison into every meal that you can. The level to which you do that divided by how much human weakness you allow to interfere will equal your results. Every body has to live a life that fits them best and no alcohol and never a single bite of sugar might not fit what everyone wants out of life. I still drink an occasional red wine,but I don't drink every day and many times not every week. Consistency is the key on both sides of the equation. Monitor yourself and adjust anything in your diet or lifestyle that isn't making you feel the way you want to feel. I guess if I had a message it would simply be that if a 50 year old obese man can get really healthy in just a year,then anybody can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4katnfHzXA

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I guess if I had a message it would simply be that if a 50 year old obese man can get really healthy in just a year,then anybody can.

Can you even begin to imagine how much less work you heart is doing now?

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by renegade50

Just saying...

I ain't pretty no matter what . I lot 10 lbs or more every month. It has been crazy trying to buy clothes. I finally just started thrift store shopping until I get rid of ALL fat. I am 10-15 lbs lighter today than those last photos from page 8 on but I just wanted all the folks needing to lose weight here to see how much is possible.

Smart ..

Till ya plane out , buying the clothes at the thrift store places.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's great news to hear everyone who has loss weight.
I would like to add this, drink lots of water. I think it has helped me greatly with weight loss I've had.
Again, wishing everyone the best.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Hammerdown
It's great news to hear everyone who has loss weight.
I would like to add this, drink lots of water. I think it has helped me greatly with weight loss I've had.
Again, wishing everyone the best.

Yep,but if drinking lots of water because you are really fat and sweaty,you may want to increase your salt intake. I have not cut down at all on salt and even make a drink while I ride from water,lime and pink salt. I am not advocating anything except for everyone to educate themselves as well as they can and act according to what they think is right for them,but the deal about salt being bad for us may not be as we have been told all these years. BTW if anything I increased my salt intake just trying to get raw vegetables taste better to my sugar sensitive palate. All the time my blood pressure got better and better and I dropped one med after the other and have been off all blood meds for more than 3 months. I still check BP every day and it is as perfect as can be,more along the line's of a teenager's expected results.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I'm not way overweight. But I was whip thin up until my early 50's. After my divorce I lived alone and worked 12 hour days for years. I literally forgot to eat most of the time,...and it didn't bother me. My body just acclimated to it. I usually stayed around 170,...sometimes even lower. I had to deal with some sickness during that period at got down into the 150's.

For the past few years age has curtailed my activities and I eat anything I want,...and my wife keeps lots of stuff around to eat. I usually hover around 220 lbs at 6'.

I haven't even thought about knocking it down some,...but maybe I should get down to 200. I could probably do that with only exercising a little discipline. If I can get down to 200 at this age I'll call it good.

I don't want to lose so much that I have to give up my elastic waist blue jeans, however. I've got about $120 invested in elastic waist blue jeans.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (2500HD, 12344mag, 222Sako, 160user, 240NMC, 1lessdog, 61 invisible), 2,618 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,293
Posts18,486,934
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.