Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
Red flag laws would be abused , misused and bastardized just like every other law.

Yep. Look at RICO.

PS No, that's not Tony Soprano's cousin.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Red flag laws would be abused , misused and bastardized just like every other law.

Yep. Look at RICO.

PS No, that's not Tony Soprano's cousin.

Just look at sexual harassment.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sooner or later they will determine if your not mentally fit to have a firearm you need to be incarcerated.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
You can't depend on what the democrats will do until it's done. If they are for something, be afraid. If they suddenly grudgingly support something, we're screwed.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Dixie_Dude
I think IF red flag laws are instituted. There should be two reports from outside a family before going to the guys house with a swat team. Wife reporting her husband. This is where it gets tricky. If the cops make him move out, let him keep his guns, maybe with a restraining order. Just taking a man's guns on hearsay is not due process.

One think I think would solve 90% of mass murders. If a teenage youth has a violent history, this history should go forth until adulthood and he cannot buy of possess a gun until he is say 26 if he has no adult violationns. Most mental problems show up in late teens and early 20's. This should show up before he is legally able to buy a gun. If he is determined to be schitzophrenic or bi-polar, he should never be able to buy a gun. No new gun laws needed. Don't know why people want to wipe their slate clean at 18. Usually if they do something as a teen, they will do something as an adult.

You may stop him from legally purchasing a weapon, but you'll never stop the illegal purchase/possession of one.

The lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Sooner or later they will determine if your not mentally fit to have a firearm you need to be incarcerated.

The new mental standard will be "If you have a gun you are Officially Crazy. If you even express an interest in owning a gun you are suspect." That's where all of this is going.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

J
JoeBob Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
Even if there are red flag laws, there will be no federal red flag law. What it will be is a federal grant for states to establish their own red flag laws. At some point, they might tie some federal funding to it like they did highway funds and the 55 mph speed limit. So, it will vary from state to state in what it actually is and how it is implemented. And even within the states, it will vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, and even court to court and judge to judge.

The individual judge is THE biggest factor in the application of ANY law.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

The new mental standard will be "If you have a gun you are Officially Crazy. If you even express an interest in owning a gun you are suspect." That's where all of this is going.

LOL. That was the question on the NYPD Psych Exam that kept my nephew from being hired to that department. The lady psychologist asked him if he had any firearms. He said sure he does, and that he loves to shoot and hunt. She was visibly disturbed by the answer, and angrily argued with him for having an interest in firearms. That was basically the end of the interview.

He's now on the police department of a major southwest US city.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Even funnier if Trump knew that that would happen.

I'll bet that's it. grin

Ol trump set em up to look silly willy

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
"Guns? What guns? Those things I'm making with my lathe and Bridgeport mill are high pressure sprayers for killing weeds in my garden!"
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JoeBob
It's sad that we have to depend on the likes of Schumer to protect us from Trump selling his base down the river.

Give Trump some credit. He would also load the bill with immigration stuff that Schumer will never support. This is all about election politics for both sides. Trump gets to portray himself as “reasonable” and the Dems as total gun grabbers while passing nothing.

Anti-Trumpers here don’t wanna hear that.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You can't use Chuck Schumer and "man up" in the same sentence. Not the same paragraph. Not the same breath. Period.

The lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Let Chuck Schumer man up and come to my front door and ask for my arms - he'll get the ammo first, right in his [bleep] face.

I would say be careful what you say, . . . but I see you are carrying a "red flag" in your avatar grin

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Originally Posted by JoeBob
It's sad that we have to depend on the likes of Schumer to protect us from Trump selling his base down the river.

Give Trump some credit. He would also load the bill with immigration stuff that Schumer will never support. This is all about election politics for both sides. Trump gets to portray himself as “reasonable” and the Dems as total gun grabbers while passing nothing.

Exactly!

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Trump basically used the same strategy with border wall funding. Libs are whining about 800k DACA qualifiers, Trump said he'd allow 2 million DACA recipients if the border bill passed.....Libs turned him down.

Trump is owning them.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

149 members (1_deuce, 2500HD, 5sdad, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 25 invisible), 1,914 guests, and 969 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,976
Posts18,499,485
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.