Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
it is not good to lose the lgs's, if the libs get in power they'll clamp down hard internet sales

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

I don't how other Walmart's sporting goods departments are but our nearest Walmart stores are beyond ridiculous as far as finding a store clerk to wait on customers for anything, let alone one with access to locked cabinet keys and authorized to sell guns and ammo. There's rarely ever any actually 'on duty' anywhere in the sporting goods dept. I can't imagine how they could be selling very many guns or much ammo due to customers getting fed-up waiting for assistance and just walking away.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Most around here are thriving. The most successful have a solid internet presence and excel at customer service.

Speaking of not dealing, there is a pawn/gun shop near that must be cover for a deranged hoarder. Fella prices everything 20-50% or more over top end market and won’t budge on merch and guns that have been on the floor for years. The place is literally stacked to the ceiling with little walk ways to squeeze through. Hell of a gun collection though.

Waiting for him to die and will hit the auction. smile

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Brick and mortar stores of any type are falling by the wayside.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
All a guy needs is something the size of an espresso stand to do FFL transfers. There’s no money in retaining a large inventory of new guns. Used guns are a different story.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by TxHunter80
The number seems to be going down quick here. The ones that are thriving are the ones that happily accept transfers. Much cheaper internet prices with no sales tax is killing them

Is there not sales tax on the internet everywhere now? I have had to pay it the last few orders I have made for items. The last was on a dummy launcher from Cabelas and there is not a Cabelas here in Wyoming

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Two that I frequent. The one in the good location seems to be thriving. The one in a sh*tty location is dying.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
All states are getting tax $$$ off internet sales now.

Locally things are good my nearest gun store up in Camarillo changed owners a few years back and now days is packed with guns, reloading equipment and people buying guns, etc. every time I stop in. Their selection of powder and bullets gets my $$$ every few weeks.

But down in Orange county a couple lgs that have been there for decades have closed, one of the shops is where I always shopped their selection of reloading equipment and supplies was the best to Southern California.

Ted
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Oakster
Originally Posted by TxHunter80
The number seems to be going down quick here. The ones that are thriving are the ones that happily accept transfers. Much cheaper internet prices with no sales tax is killing them

Is there not sales tax on the internet everywhere now? I have had to pay it the last few orders I have made for items. The last was on a dummy launcher from Cabelas and there is not a Cabelas here in Wyoming

Thank our Senator Enzi for that sales tax BS, he says it levels the playing field between the brick & mortar stores and the internet. The bastard.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I was in mine today picking up a Sako .222 I purchased from out of state. They are professional, knowledgeable and friendly... sans the attitude. They always seem busy and the shop is fairly new. I will continue to support them regardless if at times they might be a few dollars more on items. It’s invaluable having them so close to my house just 10 minutes away.

Patron member, NRA, Life Member SCI,
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
three I can think of in town, (not counting sportsmans warehouse). I think they are doing ok, one is part of Gary Reeders custom shop, one is a asian guy that does tactical stuff (dropped his reloading line about 10 years ago) , and the 3rd is closest to an old school gun store. grumpy old guy sold it to some younger guys 10 years ago, they are making it happen on long distance shooting, silencers, and some ARs. and tons of pistols. pretty good used rack also.

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
None around me now were around twenty years ago. The ones that were went out of business mostly in the '90's. Keep in mind I'm talking about the independents, not Scheel's, Sportsman's Warehouse, Cabela's/BPS, or Gander.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by 16bore
Brick and mortar stores of any type are falling by the wayside.

And the ones that survive are the big ones that sell other stuff, like Cabela's. When I was a kid we had a local butcher shop. Now we have giant supermarkets instead.

And on-line? I never buy supplies or accessories--scopes, ammo, dies, parts--at a LGS. Too expensive and they seldom have what I want. Powder is an exception because of the hazmat fee.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by slumlord
Had one shop I bought 3 firearms from in a short 6 months. They were kissy foo foo, sent me a Christmas card and chit.

I went in and asked them to do a transfer for me from Buds, and some sawed-off peckerwood with blonde sideburns and them 'tinted' smoky perscription glasses (shop owner's son) copped a major attitude about "man you people come in wantin us to order stuff and won't buy off our racks and bud's is cuttin our throats" blah blah blah fuggin blah

Ok screw you guys...I got Midsouth Shooters Suppy to do my transfer, they only hit me for $10 transfer.

Their indoor range burned down a couple months later. Hahaha, sucks for them. Fugg em in the goat ass.

Morale of the story....
Clarksville guns and archery on Madison street in clarksville
Sucks the root
Markup heaven.

They are rebuilding that range now
Almost makes me think it was a scam when it burnt.

Fugging box of mini mags 12.99 in that place.
Fugging century arms RAS47 749.00

Place is a joke........

But naive people buy from em still.

Midsouth transfers are the way to go.....

Last edited by renegade50; 08/10/19.
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by hookeye
I never look for the best deal.......am content w a good deal.
Some folks gobble hours of sales staff time.....make ten visits over three months and then order online because its five bucks cheaper.

Usually an engineer.....electrical......or manager type.

That wanted item x.

Had to have it. And ordered y. For who knows what reason.

And when it doesnt work the want you to take it in on trade for item x ( and give them full retail trade in ).

Worked the LGS.......seen it

Ridiculous

New guns the profit is less. Used atuff is where its at

Yeo! Same where I work. Part of the problem is the manufacturers themselves. They sell to the big onlines for the same (or cheaper) than they do to distributors. Places like Bud's sometimes sell for a lower price than we can buy at. Online stores don't have to worry about customers coming in and wanting to "fingerfuqk" every gun in the store.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The largest gun shop in PA is discounting used guns. That is the first time ever. They have the largest inventory ever in my opinion. Lot more guns than buyers.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't think my local gun store has sold a gun in years. They guy lives above it, has been there for 30 years at least. He just has his regulars that show up to shoot the bull with him and he's content to sit behind the counter and watch his little TV all day

His prices are alright but his stock is garbage. I go there once in awhile to see if anything new has shown up. Never does.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by Terryk
The largest gun shop in PA is discounting used guns. That is the first time ever. They have the largest inventory ever in my opinion. Lot more guns than buyers.

Grice's?

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Step 1. Go to your local gun shop and handle a new gun you are interested in.
Step 2, Find the lowest price online you can and have it delivered to Bubba who operates out of mommas basement and does the transfer for $25 or less. This helps screw the state out of sales tax as well most of the time.
Step 3, Sad to see the LGS close its doors and can't understand why.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Originally Posted by Terryk

Grice's?

Sounds like I need to make a drive up there!!

-Jake

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

370 members (1Longbow, 160user, 10ring1, 219DW, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 31 invisible), 2,052 guests, and 1,140 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,124
Posts18,483,724
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.