Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by WAM
It was on a downhill slide and has accelerated exponentially since the Bass Pro goons took over. I've got a couple of gift cards to burn and thought I might go buy some boolits or overpriced powder with them. I'm betting on store closures soon. Bass Pro is just as bad.

I think Bass Pro is even worse, despite them being the same company. Just returned from there. Bought a hunting license, took about 30 minutes. PITA

NRA Patron

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Cross
Everyone here is right on. Our Cabelas just as well be a Big 5. How can someone who is smart enough to build a business like Bass Pro and become a billionaire be so absolutely stupid to buy a business like Cabelas and drive it into the ground by basically abandoning all of it’s customers? UNBELIEVABLE!!!

BassPro was smart enough to be an anchor store for a big mall somewhere that they probably owned anyway. That is how they are making money. It has been 10 years since I have been in a BP store and bought anything. Name a merger where both companies actually came out ahead.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Cabelas near me. Not impressed. Ol lady blows the $ I didnt spend at Duluth around the corner. Sea of lez there.
Have to play guard dog.

Am long waisted so need to try chit on. Looking at Sitka and euro stuff.

Money tight but trying to get decent crap for out of state stuff next yr or so.

Bought from Gander Mountain way back. Stuff was OK and zero probs. Went to BP around 99 in Gurnee. Was ho hum.

New Sportsmans Warehouse by my moms. Had one closer yrs ago but they closed. Decent reloading stuff and staff was pleasant.... not pushy. Laid back and not FOS. I liked it.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
What I've just noticed about the Cabelas credit card shift to Capital One is they charge you interest every month, even if you are paying your cc bill in-full!
Complete scam! I'm cancelling my card.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GrouseChaser
What I've just noticed about the Cabelas credit card shift to Capital One is they charge you interest every month, even if you are paying your cc bill in-full!

Nope. Not happening to me. Looks like you have a personal problem.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Ptarmigan
Cabelas has turned into a glorified department store. The one here in Anchorage took a real nosedive after the BP buyout. I much prefer Sportmans Warehouse.

The bargain cave loss has probably done them more damage than anything else...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by VernAK
Beware of the Cabelas Capital One Credit Card.......talk about a PIA outfit with no one on charge.......English as a second language throughout.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!! It sucks so bad I have quit using it for anything other than places that don't take American Express.

Jim

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GrouseChaser

Might want to call them about that. I pay ours in full with no interest.

Jim

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
That is probably an interest charge on the purchases if the payment arrived after the monthly cycle.

The Capitol One card was one bridge too far for me...

Defend the Constitution
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I feel bad for the people that bought the rebadged Meopta binos from them. I wonder if they warranty them for life ?

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Cabelas is definitely circling the drain.

Scheels and Sportsman's blows them out of the water. Bass Pro as well.

+10

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
The one in Lehi Utah used to be one of my favorite places to buy stuff. It’s a dumpster fire now.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

199 members (358wsm, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 204guy, 16penny, 280shooter, 25 invisible), 2,141 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,240
Posts18,485,897
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.