Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Story and video's:

The Chinese government has begun moving troops across the Shenzhen Qianhai Guangshen Coastal Expressway Bridge into Hong Kong minutes ago, in a military operation to put down protests against the government of Beijing.

Hundreds of military trucks carrying soldiers and guns are moving at this hour across the Bridge into Hong Kong

https://www.citizenfreepress.com/breaking/china-begins-military-invasion-of-hong-kong-raw-video/

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Very unsure on the validity of the first two videos.

Both actually appear to have been taken in mainland China. All the civilian cars in the first video sport nothing but mainland China license plates. To use the bridge, vehicles need dual plating - HK/PRC.

In the second video, note that vehicles are moving on the right side of the road. and that traffic cameras are set up for same. HK is right hand drive, drive on the left side of the motorway. As well, there's some signage that is very "PRC" in graphical nature - the white over blue with a public safety seal.

Now, I'm no expert, but have been in/through HK more times than I can distinctly remember, and have literally spent years in the PRC starting in 2002.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Yeah, there would of been something on Fox or Twitter by now. If there was I missed it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Story and video's:

The Chinese government has begun moving troops across the Shenzhen Qianhai Guangshen Coastal Expressway Bridge into Hong Kong minutes ago, in a military operation to put down protests against the government of Beijing.

Hundreds of military trucks carrying soldiers and guns are moving at this hour across the Bridge into Hong Kong

https://www.citizenfreepress.com/breaking/china-begins-military-invasion-of-hong-kong-raw-video/

nothing on https://www.foxnews.com/

teachable moment.....

bookmark that website, and remember they can't be trusted. And they played you.....

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
What is the big deal with Hong Kong? I thought the Brits handed it over to Beijing 22 years ago.

Are problems in Hong Kong not an internal PRC problem today? I would expect protests to be dealt with as in Tiananmen Square.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B2

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I'm in Shenzhen now. Fake news.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by kelbro
I'm in Shenzhen now. Fake news.

Thank you!

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
We get more fake than real, what happened to honesty?

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
It's not happened yet but there is no doubt that Mainland will not put up with too much more of that 'dissension'. China gov't has told HKG gov't to either clean up that mess or they will.

One of my colleagues (HKG dude) was detained at China customs this past Friday when he crossed back over from Shenzhen to HKG and they looked through the pictures on his phone. It's still China folks. Heck, I'm quite certain that they are recording these keystrokes...

Last edited by kelbro; 08/11/19.
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
What is the big deal with Hong Kong? I thought the Brits handed it over to Beijing 22 years ago.

Are problems in Hong Kong not an internal PRC problem today? I would expect protests to be dealt with as in Tiananmen Square.

They promised when they took over that it would have separate status. That way, all the finance and business people would stay. Now, 20 years later, they are changing the rules. They are bringing them under Beijing rule. The thing that started this is that criminals can now be extradited to mainland courts. They promised the same thing to Taiwan if they would "come back home". Now they see what the real deal is and attitudes towards unification have hardened.

IC B3

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Only a fool would believe the PRC would not integrate Hong Kong back into the Nation at the earliest opportunity. Anyone with any smarts took their money and got out with the Brits. I am surprised it took this long despite the promise of fifty years.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by hanco
We get more fake than real, what happened to honesty?

LoL,
But still a good question !

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Might be about to get real over there. They just cancelled a bunch of flights for tomorrow and told folks not to come to the airport. $$$$$$ lost = teargas and batons.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Basically the pommy pricks screwed another group of people...they do that.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Yeah, they should have kept ALL of their empire, instead of allowing all the rif raf to migrate to England. Hong Kong was on a 99 year lease. The lease expired and they returned it per the agreement. The (sic) Pomms have a nasty habit of honoring commitments.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Yeah, they should have kept ALL of their empire, instead of allowing all the rif raf to migrate to England. Hong Kong was on a 99 year lease. The lease expired and they returned it per the agreement. The (sic) Pomms have a nasty habit of honoring commitments.

Won't stop me from blaming the pricks.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I think it was the mainland areas of Kowloon and New Territories that were under lease. Hong Kong island was not. Would have been hard to just have the island.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019...hinese-army-preparing-hong-kong-invasion

However, what confirmed that as Beijing has been warning for the past week, Hong Kong's insubordination will no longer be tolerated by Beijing, was a video - complete with dramatic World War III style music - published by the state-owned tabloid Global Times, which showed "The People's Armed Police have been assembling in Shenzhen, a city bordering Hong Kong, in advance of apparent large-scale exercises."

And the icing on the cake: CNN's Will Ripley reporting that Chinese media published a new video of the country’s military run armed police assembling in the city of Shenzen, which borders Hong Kong, ahead of “large-scale exercises.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=52&v=rQ5TFp1hLiU

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

See: South Afreaka/Rhodesia

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
But even more ominously, over the border in Shenzen, the Chinese city that lies directly across from Hong Kong, Chinese People's Liberation Army forces were building up ahead of what appears to be a "apparent large-scale exercise," according to the Global Times. "Numerous" armored personnel carriers, trucks and other vehicles of the paramilitary police were seen heading towards Shenzhen over the weekend. That means the long-awaited military intervention from the mainland could be just around the corner - something that the Hong Kong people have condemned.
Yang Guang, spokesman from China’s Hong Kong and Macau Affairs Office, said there should be a crackdown on violence in the city, during a briefing.

"The people who are protesting are not backing down, the Chinese government doesn’t seem to be backing down, so if cooler heads don’t prevail it’s possible things in Hong Kong could get very ugly." Of course, as we listed last night, China has many other headaches on its hands, including trade war, PPI deflation, soaring food inflation, a trade war with the US, and record high debt. Steve Eisman of the Big Short fame said conflict in Hong Kong could further adversely impact the trade war between the U.S. and China and could ripple through the global markets.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019...-hong-kong-airport-chinese-troops-gather

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

178 members (1beaver_shooter, 300_savage, 14idaho, 16penny, 2ndwind, 30 invisible), 1,644 guests, and 1,105 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,864
Posts18,478,646
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.