Hop To
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Why buy one of those AR things that shoots little bitty bullets when you can get it done with one shot?

[Linked Image]

Hey! BD!!!!! New smoothbore flinter on the way here! 20 to the pound! Should be here Monday! To heck with all the other nonsense, I need more powder!!!!!!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Jim_Knight
"Actually"...I just "talk" like I have guns, etc. I sold/gave them all away years ago. I'm scared of 'assault rifles" and "weapons of war". I like the "idea" of weapons, but they are just "too dangerous" to have around my family!!!!! So no ARs or AKs for me!!! smile

I thought you had to own one to maintain Utah residency?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Day 47 after the impact.

"Anybody seen DDan?"

"Heard Zombies got him, he really messed up a big one though with that cannon."

"Too bad, I really liked him."

"Me too. Let's go raid his beer stash."
laugh Sorry Dan, but, I figure you won't melt from a little funnin.....

Don't have any beer, sorry. Lots of whiskey though. That zombie was splattered over 3 acres. 8 bores are just barely big enough!

Didja git #2 and #3 also?

It was hard to tell what with all the parts and pieces scattered all over. There was 15 kinda in a wad and I only saw 3 leave on their own.

Kaywoodie, hope it works out. Ought to work just fine on quail, pigs, deers and such.

I'm quite pleased there are some like minded deplorables out there, I don't feel so lonely anymore.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Pahntr760
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Don't stack 'em, bury 'em. Deep. Probably going to be a run on large diameter PVC pipe and caps. Maybe shovels too.

Get on it.

I'm not gonna bury a damm thing.

When it's time to bury them it's time to have them handy, eh?

JW knows how to hoard...

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Kaywoodie, hope it works out. Ought to work just fine on quail, pigs, deers and such.

The way my eyes are going, I thought it more practical to get another smoothie as opposed to another rifle. 1/2 a handful of buckshot and a willing target should get it done. Even some buck&ball will be fun!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
"Actually"...I just "talk" like I have guns, etc. I sold/gave them all away years ago. I'm scared of 'assault rifles" and "weapons of war". I like the "idea" of weapons, but they are just "too dangerous" to have around my family!!!!! So no ARs or AKs for me!!! smile

Same here. I just stumbled on this site and occasionally drop in to keep track of what these 'gun nuts' are up to.

We pray our sights be straight
and our aim be true
We pray for no pain
to the game we pursue
We thank you Lord
for this land
We thank you for the sights
from our stands
We pray for safety, one and all
We pray we may return next fall
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Ok ok I'll get a muzzle loader too....

(Red Flag disclaimer. I won't f u c k i n g shoot anyone.)

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I gave most of my guns away recently.

You think I'm kidding,....but I'm not.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dude, we aren't "nuts". The term you seek is "loonies ". There is a distinct difference.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

You're such a good and gentle man.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JMtnBoomer

I sold mine to a guy in the parking lot....

Oh, yeah, that's the ticket. That's what I did with mine, too. Yeah.

[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
some years ago, remington was trying to sell a rifle to the police market. took 20/30 round a.r. mags, kind of looked like an a.r., but was NOT semiautomatic, it was a pump. I should have bought one.
perfect answer if it get's really bad on A.R's.

7615. i bought one when they came out. surprisingly heavy in the midsection. handy little bugger though. 16.5" barrel. had the trigger cleaned up and put a nikon scope on it. shoots the good ammo real nice and even the cheap schit steel stuff not bad.

My diploma is a DD214
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
The time to buy an Ar is when the democrats control the three branches of government. I screwed up, I stocked up on ARs when the republicans had control of the three branches. LOL

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mr_Harry
Not really my thing, but I hope others buy plenty. I figure if the day ever came that I actually needed one, I got enough other goodies that bartering for one would be pretty easy..

Chunky peanut butter and nip size peach schnapps only have so much pull.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not much good to me. If it came time to use them in the manner the second amendment is intended I need to be far out. AR-15 is a a mid range weapon, and poor at that, and I'm a slow, large target

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Don't own one, if they are ever banned what would I do with it? Just carrying that thing on the street would make one hugely conspicuous and invite active confiscation.

I prefer the late Col. Cooper's concept of the "Brooklyn Special", a .30-30 lever action.

For the price of an AR I'd rather have two Glock 19's.

Others MMV, of course.

Cooper had a very point about indiscreet, or alternative firearms, the unobtrusive mans choice. Several viable options.

But when you find $200 Glock 19's would you please let me know? Beings as ARs can be built for about the $400 mark, or could have 15 days ago..

$8 mags & $400 ARs, if ya missed that boat.......... shame on you.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by Armednfree
Not much good to me. If it came time to use them in the manner the second amendment is intended I need to be far out. AR-15 is a a mid range weapon, and poor at that, and I'm a slow, large target

That makes no sense. If they are 600yds away, people don't even know you're there, so why would you fire and say "look at me".
PS-You'd be surprised at what a good AR can do at 600yds. Wander up to Camp Perry sometime and see for yourself.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
If they’re 600 yards away a good hunting rifle would fill the bill. An AR10 is your 600 yard huckleberry with an AR15 braced pistol as a backup. If the zombies get within 300 the AR pistol with 30rd mags will be your ticket. I wouldn’t have any trouble slinging the pistol over my back or in my backpack and use the AR10 as your initial introduction to the zombies. 😉

I think a mid weight 20” H-bar in 6.5 Creedmoore or 7.62 would do just fine for longer shots.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
I wouldn’t know where to start.

I’ve been a bolt guy forever.

Geese, just pick up an S&W M&P15.

I just bought a .223 ADL from Wally world. I have 2 AR's. That's enough. It's more ammo I need.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Make it light as possible and 5.56. Don't use optics that need a battery.

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (160user, 1234, 10gaugemag, 19rabbit52, 10gaugeman, 1337Fungi, 52 invisible), 2,277 guests, and 1,181 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,769
Posts18,476,780
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.