Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by Reloder28
My first child was stillborn. Medical staff worked on her feverishly for 45 minutes at which point they got a heartbeat. Her first 11 months were very hard on all of us. She is now 40 years old. She has a learning impairment. But, you would have to speak to her for a long time to detect it. She’s loves her walk with God, is married, holds a steady job & never meets a stranger.

That's awesome!!! Glad to hear it ended so well!!

"Successful is leaving something in better shape than you inherited it in. Keep that in mind, son." Dad
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My oldest was born the day Space X (or whatever it was called) had their first flight into space and returned.

Pretty cool. I musta watched the special on it 50 times during the night feedings.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by huntsman22
33 years ago. delivered by a midwife and Doctor Donnie....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Are you of Italian decent?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Mine was in September 1989 with the cord wrapped around his neck. Pulse dropped WAY low, vacuum pump came out and out he was yanked. His head the exact shape of the cone, small Solo cup like. For the next year we had to regularly take him to the UC San Francisco Medical Center to see that his scull was bolting up correctly. It did. Him on the right.

[Linked Image]

Conduct is the best proof of character.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
None.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dec of 99. I was standing in roll call when sarge came in and said it’s time. Best day of my life. Thank God I’ve had three more just like it.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
My first was pretty scary time. Went in got induced waited a while. Contractions started getting going better and they put the monitor on. As my wife was in active difficult labor the nurse told me to keep an eye her and left the room. I was watching the monitor and noticed a lot of late decelerations. Baby's heart rate was really dropping at the contraction and staying down for quite a while.

I went to the nurses station to tell them and they rudely said we know we have a monitor here get back in there and help your wife. After about a hour I was really feeling something wrong. Went found my nurse in the hall but she was busy talking to her kids on her cell phone and motioned me to go away. Fifteen minutes later she's still on the phone. I tell the other nurses I'm really worried. They say that's because you used to be a nurse. I said yes but not in OB. I went and told my wife and we were both pissed at this point.

She'd been in heavy labor for like an hour and a half and no nurse had came in the room yet. I went out and demanded someone call our Dr. He showed up about 20 minutes later and checked her and said not quite yet and just left. He was the first staff person in the room for 2 hours. A few minutes later I go out and our nurse is still on the phone with a personal call. I go demand another nurse to help. They say it's almost shift change you'll have a new nurse in a bit. About 15 terrifying minutes later our new nurse comes in.

She looks at things an says wow your ready to have this. She leaves to call the Dr. After what seemed like forever they both come in and find the baby stuck. They get the vacuum out and pull like crazy about 5 times. Then out comes my first born son with a big lopsided cone head. He didn't make much noise just looked around like saying well here I am.

The Dr is then getting the cord ready for me to cut and literally gasped and said we need to have a moment of silence because there's no way this baby should be alive. He said it was a miracle. Our baby had a true knot in his cord and it was pulled very tight.

I then said maybe that explains all the late decelerations. Dr went and looked at the strip and said to the nurse how long have these been like this. Nurse just stuttered a bit so I said 3 hours but she just came on shift. I said the last nurse left us in here alone the whole time while she hid down the hall and talked to her kids on her cell phone. He seemed upset and said he'd look into it but a friend that worked there later told us no one ever looked into and know one followed up.

I just remember feeling overwhelmingly grateful and relieved that our baby was ok.

Bb

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Our oldest daughter was born on a national holiday in 1971. Our next, also a daughter, was born just a couple weeks shy of three years later. Our third and final child, a son, was born about 4-1/2 years later. All three are in their 40s now.

The doctor that delivered our eldest was known to be quite a practical joker. Saw him and his also elderly wife in a local bank a good many years later well after he had retired. I happened to mention just in passing conversation to the teller I was working with that he had delivered our oldest daughter, the date she was born, and her name.

As I was leaving the bank the old doc spoke to me saying "Hi!" and addressed me by my first name, asked about our daughter, also addressing her by her first name and exact date she was born. I was literally jaw dropping flabbergasted that after delivering thousands of babies that he could remember my name and all about our daughter.

His wife finally couldn't hold it in any longer and started laughing and told me that I had just made his day complete and went on to say that the teller had tipped the old jokester doc off. He still had a mischievous ear to ear. grin on his face as they left.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
no. german/irish, but I like lasagna.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
and pizza.

IC B3

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

64 members (badwolf, BDR1, batch, BB3, 7mm_Loco, 10 invisible), 1,468 guests, and 896 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,056
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.