Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

By Anita ChabriaStaff Writer
Aug. 19, 2019
3:38 PM
SACRAMENTO —

After an emotional fight that laid bare the chasm between California’s communities of color and police, Gov. Gavin Newsom on Monday signed Assembly Bill 392, creating what some have described as one of the toughest standards in the nation for when law enforcement officers can kill.

Intense private negotiations and public outcry influenced the final language of the legislation, which will take effect on Jan. 1. Recent fatal police shootings of unarmed black men, in particular, prompted activists to seek changes in rules that in some cases were more than a century old. Though the final bill doesn’t go as far as some wanted, supporters say it’s a first step in changing the culture of policing in California.

“The bill is watered down, everybody knows that,” said Stevante Clark, brother of Stephon Clark, who was shot by Sacramento police in March 2018. “But at least we are getting something done. At least we are having the conversation now.”

Newsom invited dozens of family members who have lost loved ones to police violence to join him onstage as he signed the bill in Sacramento at a large event at the secretary of state’s courtyard. He acknowledged the bill’s intent to change police culture would be determined by how it’s implemented.

“This is remarkable to get to this moment on a bill that was so controversial but it means nothing unless we make this moment meaningful,” Newsom said afterward. “And so that is the goal and the desire of all of us, law enforcement and members of the community, to address these issues in a more systemic way and that’s going to take a lot more work than passing a piece of legislation.”

Link to story.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If you live there, either MOVE or quit bitching....

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Indeed...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

I'm not bitching just bringing light to the continued insanity going on by the left and their minions.......Quit being so sensitive.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Though the final bill doesn’t go as far as some wanted, supporters say it’s a first step in changing the culture of policing in California.

It's always a first step with Leftists and they'll keep at it until they have achieved their Commie/Utopian goals.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You get the government you vote for. In this case more lawless people not accountable.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Great place to be if your a criminal

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I'm not bitching just bringing light to the continued insanity going on by the left and their minions.......Quit being so sensitive.

Wasn't referring to you, sir. My fault, I whould have worded it differently..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Safe" or safer might depend on if your the person getting stopped or not.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ced_1468504925

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

But when you move, LEAVE CA BEHIND. It's not wanted in ID, WY, MT, or other red states. We don't need the crap that destroyed CA. Look what it's done to OR, WA and other states where CA refugees have gone.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

More so, if you're a CA cop, find another career.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
All these jackasses need to put on the uniform and do the job for a couple of months, and then get back to us on how their ideas work out in the real world, before they dictate to others.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

This again. Who are you to lay down the ground rules of what we can do or talk about?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EdM

Indeed...

How about national elections, may we speak about those, would that be OK?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by EdM

Indeed...

If you still live there, and cannot or will not leave for whatever reason you should at least be stumping for conservative values and conservative candidates EVERY DAY OF YOUR LIFE.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RJL53
All these jackasses need to put on the uniform and do the job for a couple of months, and then get back to us on how their ideas work out in the real world, before they dictate to others.

Absolutely!!!!!

Jim

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by EdM

Indeed...

If you still live there, and cannot or will not leave for whatever reason you should at least be stumping for conservative values and conservative candidates EVERY DAY OF YOUR LIFE.

As much as anyone else.

There are a lot of states out there in the same exact spot CA was ten years ago, we’ll see how it goes and whether or not they pull up stakes and leave OR, WA, CO, NM, AZ when their time comes.
Going to get pretty crowded in Kentucky if we all keep running.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
California is the model taht the Democrats want to use as their Utopia.

- Tough Green Laws
- Open Borders
- compassion toward the homeless
- Friendly to LGBT
- Racially sensitive
- Force business to pay their "fair share" in taxes to provide services

What is this creating? A Dystopia instead of Utopia. I don't need to relate the stories we all see about filth, disease, disfunction, crime, and regulation in California. Just know this is the vision th Left has for All of America. They think they are pushing Utopia, but they get the opposite. I grabbed a couple of definitions for illustration:

1.“Utopia” is what most would regard as a paradise. Everything seems to be good and smooth flowing with the right balance of the social, governmental, and religious systems among others.
2.“Dystopia” is the opposite of “utopia” because everything seems to be imbalanced, chaotic, lawless, unruly, dirty, violent, and the like.
3.Because of the grave abuse of those having great power, dystopian societies tend to become technologically advanced having clearly defined caste systems.

Read more: Difference Between Utopia and Dystopia | Difference Between http://www.differencebetween.net/la...tween-utopia-and-dystopia/#ixzz5xAmV8lXM

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by High_Noon
Though the final bill doesn’t go as far as some wanted, supporters say it’s a first step in changing the culture of policing in California.

It's always a first step with Leftists and they'll keep at it until they have achieved their Commie/Utopian goals.

Yep......"first step" = nose under tent.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (160user, 10ring1, 007FJ, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 56 invisible), 2,919 guests, and 1,262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,486
Posts18,490,298
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.