Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
G
Three more officials have reportedly stepped down from the National Rifle Association (NRA) amid a spending controversy that continues to roil the gun rights lobbying group.

CNN reported Tuesday that country singer Craig Morgan and NASCAR team owner Richard Childress have both resigned from the gun group's board. The outlet cited sources with knowledge of the matter.

David Lehman, the deputy executive director and general counsel at the NRA's Institute for Legislative Action, is also reportedly on the way out of the organization.

Morgan and Childress both functioned as prominent public faces for the organization, while Lehman filled the roll of top lobbyist since Chris Cox's resignation in June.

The exact reasons for Morgan and Lehman's departures were not immediately clear and the two did not immediately respond to CNN's request for comment. The Hill has reached out the NRA for comment.

Childress wrote in a letter to NRA executives reported by NPR that "with great regret and a heavy heart" he would resign from the gun group's board and affiliated entities in order "to fully focus on my businesses."

"Since proudly agreeing to serve on the NRA Board, I have supported the organization and its important mission to preserve and protect our Constitutional rights. But when, as now, I am no longer able to be fully engaged in any commitment I have made, it becomes time for me to step down. I have reached that point in my ability to continue to serve the NRA," he wrote.

The departures are the latest in a steady stream of exits since the ouster of ex-President Oliver North amid accusations from longtime CEO Wayne LaPierre that he attempted to extort him over the NRA’s finances.

LaPierre himself has been a focus of scrutiny over his handling of the organization’s finances, most recently in connection to reported NRA discussions about buying him a $6 million home in the Dallas area.

Professional sport shooter Julie Golob announced last week she would not complete her full three-year term on the NRA board of directors.

The exodus from the NRA also comes amid increased pressure on the group which consistently lobbies against gun control in the wake of two mass shootings within a 24 hour period in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio, earlier this month that left 31 dead.

GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I'd be more excited if this story included a piece where several of the people leaving the NRA where announcing that they were now working with the GOA.

Last edited by HuntnShoot; 08/20/19.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Couldn't happen at a better time; a democrats wet dream grin

[Linked Image]

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Well if you just face right up to it, you have to wonder, given his behavior, just whose side Lapierre is on.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by cuznguido
Well if you just face right up to it, you have to wonder, given his behavior, just whose side Lapierre is on.

That's obvious. He's on HIS side.

IC B2

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Yep, weakness when we really need strength.

I feel we're gonna get more than just background checks (which we already have). With less to push back with, who knows where it's gonna land.

DF

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
I am a "Lifer" with the NRA have been for 40+ years was a time I contributed freely to them for what I thought were gun issues, but then I began getting bi monthly letters asking for more . It seemed that bgan with La Pierre's reign even more intensly than before. When I saw what he/they were spending my money on rather than lobbing for gun rights that is when I quit sending money his spending. I mean for his salary he can buy his own suits and homes I do on a heck of a lot less of a yearly income.
So I'm done sending any funds, the NRA is still the lobby with the most clout that is fighting the antis and I will not stand in their way but they can buy their own mansions.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Nothing to wonder about. He's on his side. Period. And screw everything else.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Hectortwsp
I am a "Lifer" with the NRA have been for 40+ years was a time I contributed freely to them for what I thought were gun issues, but then I began getting bi monthly letters asking for more . It seemed that bgan with La Pierre's reign even more intensly than before. When I saw what he/they were spending my money on rather than lobbing for gun rights that is when I quit sending money his spending. I mean for his salary he can buy his own suits and homes I do on a heck of a lot less of a yearly income.
So I'm done sending any funds, the NRA is still the lobby with the most clout that is fighting the antis and I will not stand in their way but they can buy their own mansions.

Couldn't have said it better.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Only problem now is that Chuck Schumer is so happy he's probably dancing a jig. Along with his many friends.

IC B3

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
the timing of this morass couldn't be worse for the average gun owning commoners like myself.

we've got the federal regulators (congress) breathing down our necks. trump is listening.

we need a united front, but instead we're in internal disarray as who to represent us.

i'd like to hear from the top execs at s&w, ruger, rem, glock, and several more.

we supply the fuel for their businesses, and they supply us product.

middle men are good, but at some point the price has to be paid?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
CNN sure seems willing to report this crap.

One may ask themselves.... "Why?"

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
CNN is pushing the " NRA is weak" angle to get the antis more money......donate now for an easy kill.

Propaganda.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

That's obvious. He's on HIS side.

This^^^ , and always was and will be. We should have seen this when Ollie North left.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Couldn't happen at a better time; a democrats wet dream grin

I feel like it's largely LaPierres fault, he is behaving like a politician, in the worst, most callus and corrupt sense of the word...

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I think Childress left the same time as North--- not new

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Read page 14 in the September edition of Shooting Illustrated and American Rifleman.

Libs are stirring the pot to sow discord.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by WTM45
Read page 14 in the September edition of Shooting Illustrated and American Rifleman.

Libs are stirring the pot to sow discord.

The libs don't have to do schitt. The NRA is burning itself down. Finally. So much dead wood in there. Needed a good cleansing fire.

By the way, in case you didn't know, no political organization is going to protect your rights. That's your job.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I can only do so much as an individual. And I do my best in a state where my voice is barely heard.
But the power of a 5 million member organization does attract attention, and is a concern of liberal/communist promoters.
That no one can argue.

Don't believe everything that the left puts out there. Or their spin on it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wayne LaPisser is more important than the NRA is don't ya know.

If the NRA crashes and burns it's OK as long a LaPisser gets his dollar.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

66 members (6mmCreedmoor, artur, Backroads, 260Remguy, 6MMWASP, 10 invisible), 1,511 guests, and 893 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,758
Posts18,476,398
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.