Hop To
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by old_willys
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
You guys forget what you were like as 18 and 20 year olds.

Or was there no hormones, booze, smoke or women back then?

I remember when I was 18 and working construction with my older brothers they were 30 & 32. I was running the mixer with a batch of lime for plaster finish when I got lime in my eye, their reaction was you have f 2 eyes and I could flush it out later....

Like framing on the tracts in the 70's
Get a splinter, mark it and dig it out on your time

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My oldest son has a problem with the gaming, but iirc on Saturday nights it’s dungeon and dragons, think that’s a card game ?

I told him in all my life experience I know very few people financially successful, that only worked 40 hours per week.

It’s his life now and I hope he’s successful, his mom and I worked our azzes off to achieve the financial comfort we enjoy. So he knows what it takes.

Told him it was the same scenario about getting the hot chicks, if they got any smarts to go with their looks they want someone ambitious, not someone using 200 hours per year to get their nerd on 🤦🏼‍♂️

His little brother spends more time per week at his hobby, but it’s working out. Seems a way more productive and useful way to spend time than gaming. You can sure see the gains he’s made. Exercising discipline to work out and eat healthier bleeds into other areas of your life including work. Not much ticks lil brother off more than someone making him late for work. He knows starting time is 15 minutes before you’re supposed to clock in. So typically late for him is arriving at clock in time, he likes to see new work orders for the day and line his truck out with proper tools and materials.

I’ve always told my boys balance is difficult to achieve in this life, fair days work for a fair days wages is almost impossible to attain. Someone most often feels like they are getting screwed a bit. Make sure your employer feels you’re getting screwed, that you work harder for your wages than your peers. Most likely you’ll always have a job.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My yard guy quit when he found out I was looking for another. Funny thing it was for clearing my trails and burning brush which he has never done for me in the past as he's my trimmer guy..

Never asked WTF. Just quit.

Fuggin' hillbillies.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Good day of block laying Saturday two weeks ago. Equipment storage building going up on our property.

14 year old son Rob was a total stud... he unloaded about 7,000 pounds of block and about 2,000 pounds of mortar mix. Hung with me and the mason all day working.

Total time on a Cell Phone/Tablet during the day = ZERO!

Damn proud of him.

[Linked Image]

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
My wife and I worked together in the welding field for 25 years...I made general foreman years ago and she ran lead or foreman most of the time...as a woman she had to work harder than most to prove herself....most men held her in the highest respect for her work ethic and knolage not to mention she was very good welder....
We left that industry several years ago to run the farm and don't miss it 1 bit...between the 2 of us we were making around 70/ hr...it would amaze us how we had a crew of youngsters all driving 50-60 k dollar trucks and not a single one could make a full week...
We were driving my old 93 Chevy with 300k ....just don't get ! we couldn't get an honest day's work out of them either.. Can't run em of either....oh they can pass a drug test...and they all knew the company wouldn't touch them...
I came into the trades in the 80s and boy you better stand out big if you wanted to work...

IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
My grandson has been coming up to the farm this summer to work...he is 11 and is really better help than most of the 20-25 years olds I have seen....we have had him cutting trees out of pasture and working fence...scooping out grain bins....warms my heart to see a young boy like that drenched in sweat.and happy to help...we bought a small square bailer just so he can experience throwing hay...guess what? he is home schooled and not yet poisned by the school system....
his dad is determined to not have snowflake kids....

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by rainierrifleco
My grandson has been coming up to the farm this summer to work...he is 11 and is really better help than most of the 20-25 years olds I have seen....we have had him cutting trees out of pasture and working fence...scooping out grain bins....warms my heart to see a young boy like that drenched in sweat.and happy to help...we bought a small square bailer just so he can experience throwing hay...guess what? he is home schooled and not yet poisned by the school system....
his dad is determined to not have snowflake kids....

That boy doesn't know what he's missing yet.

Come out from scooping grain bins at the end of a hot day and get handed an ice cold bottle of beer that basically turns to steam when you guzzle it down. Nothing better.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
[Linked Image]

OR

[Linked Image]

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
lol

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (1234, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 61 invisible), 2,333 guests, and 1,170 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,517
Posts18,490,944
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.