Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I have a 2015 F150 and it cost me a little over 3,000 to have the right rear quarter panel replaced along with the taillight and bumper.

It was my fault.

Other than that i have had no problems with the paint/body.

I think that the mileage is dependent on the type/quality of gas you have.

Around here when i first got it i got 20.4 miles and now it is a shade over 17.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
May 20, 2019 12:00 AM

Bob Tomes was among the Ford Motor Co. dealers who sank tens of thousands of dollars into new equipment and training to repair the automaker's aluminum F-150 pickup when it debuted in late 2014.

Mother Nature showed him that it was the right call.

Back-to-back Texas hailstorms in the spring of 2017 filled his eponymous dealership's service bays in McKinney with dented and damaged pickups. But the F-150's modular architecture and extensive training given to his nine certified technicians resulted in speedy repairs that cost as much as $2,000 less than similarly damaged steel-bodied vehicles, Tomes said.

"We were called upon to make that investment, and you have to step up," Tomes told Automotive News last week. "I think we're very pleased with how it turned out."

So is Ford, whose big bet on aluminum for its hugely profitable F-series franchise prompted persistent questions — and relentless attacks from rivals — about whether the pickup would cost more to repair and insure. But insurance data shows that an extraordinary effort to train dealers, educate insurers and design the vehicle to be as repair-friendly as possible helped make it ultimately cheaper to fix and replace than the previous generation, a goal to which Ford engineers aspired from the project's inception.

"It was our moonshot," Dave Johnson, Ford's global director of service engineering operations, said in an interview. "We wanted them to be insurable on par with a steel F-150."

Aluminum is lighter than steel, but it generally costs more and sustains damage more easily. Switching materials helped Ford cut the weight of the F-150 by up to 700 pounds but had the potential to make the company's top-selling and most lucrative vehicle line vulnerable if buyers began to perceive the trucks as weaker or more expensive to own.

Click Here

Winner, as always, Ford F150 customers.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
I'm liking mine. I don't get anywhere near the gas mileage everyone here claims.
I’m sure your husband ain’t light.

Why the ad hominem, Billy? Feeling the need to troll tonight?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Insurance companies premiums per vehicle are spread out to the entire customer base. Say you have a new f150 worth 40k and your monthly payment is 100 dollars. On the other side you have a 94 Cavalier worth 1k and your monthly payment is 60 dollars.The same goes with housing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I'm liking mine. I don't get anywhere near the gas mileage everyone here claims.

What night don’t you troll, Leroy?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
T

Only the nights Dirty Dancing is on.

No body puts Leroy in the corner.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
T

Only the nights Dirty Dancing is on.

No body puts Leroy in the corner.

I just had a mental image of Leroy getting an abortion with a wire hanger. Thanks!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Love my 16 F150. Tough ol truck. The aluminum body wears well. Gas mileage is a ++

What kind of real life mileage are you getting?

I have a 16 super crew with the baby twin turbo v-6. My mileage is a mixed average with probably 60% highway, of 19.4. Get a head wind or get my foot in the go switch and it drops rapidly.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
We had a hail storm here a couple months back, my 2015 F150 was damaged as was my neighbors 2016 GMC, the estimates were within $200 of each other at the same shop.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by CCCC
Be prepared to load at least a couple of bags of sand into the bed if you have icy roads in winter,

Lots of rumors here.do any of you answering here have one of these trucks? Or do you just “have a friend” with one.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BluMtn
The one thing we are noticing with my friends who are buying the new aluminum fords is you can't bolt tool boxes, headache racks or diesel tanks in or on them. The vibration driving down the highways and field roads are causing the bolts to break out and the boxes are cracking around the boltholes. Had a friend lose his headache rack going down the road at 60 mph. luckily it turned and fell into the bed instead of falling off into the highway.

Well that is rather gay.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We have three and all needed new brakes and rotors before 45k miles. Ass ends are light and rear tires will spin easily. Lots of power with the v6 turbos. Nice trucks.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tzone
Be prepared to load at least a couple of bags of sand into the bed if you have icy roads in winter,

Lots of rumors here.do any of you answering here have one of these trucks? Or do you just “have a friend” with one.

I actually own one. 2018 F150 XLT

[Linked Image]

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by roundoak

[Linked Image]

I know you do goofball! grin

The insurance and the bolts loosening cracked me up. We probably have 50 of them at work with headache racks and lightbars, all have tool boxes, and they bounce around construction sites. None of that stuff fell off yet.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by roundoak

[Linked Image]

I know you do goofball! grin

The insurance and the bolts loosening cracked me up. We probably have 50 of them at work with headache racks and lightbars, all have tool boxes, and they bounce around construction sites. None of that stuff fell off yet.

You just wait Tommy. I read somewhere them Al cans fail!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I am driving a 2016 F150 super crew cab with the mid size bed and the ecoboost. I am getting 17.5 mpg driving back and forth to work and around town. On the hwy, I get up to 19 mpg driving about 75, probably up to 20 if I slowed it down a bit. With the extended tank I can drive from central KY to south central PA with one tank of gas. That ecoboost is like driving a high powered V8.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Love mine. Haven’t had any issues what so ever.
And the Bullschitt about it being too light in the ass end when driving on ice is exactly that. Bullschitt.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Love mine. Haven’t had any issues what so ever.
And the Bullschitt about it being too light in the ass end when driving on ice is exactly that. Bullschitt.

Yup.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

Yup. 2016. No sand. "a couple bags of sand" ain't worth [bleep] in a full sized truck anyway. More like 500# to begin to get an effect -and not needed anyway.

Last edited by LeroyBeans; 08/21/19.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Sako
But what does Chevy say.... wait, let's wait for them to pay off J.D.Power first... Man, they have the most deceptive commercials of anyone...

Man, the lead guy in those commercials gets on my nerves.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1234, 160user, 60 invisible), 2,452 guests, and 1,325 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,077
Posts18,482,727
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.