Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
JamesJr Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Was way out in the sticks surveying years ago and found a rock that was way out of place for the area.

It was about 15 pounds and appeared to be metallic.

I got out my magnetic locator that I use to find property corners, and it lit up with magnetism!

A meteor! smile

Those things are pretty valuable!

Sent it off to the university for testing... No Cigar!

It appears that back in the wagon freighting days, they would use iron ore as ballast and would toss some as needed... (in areas it's not known to be) frown

Laughing!!!

Seen the same thing unfold in-person. I worked for the Geosciences dept here at the state university APSU. Some guy off the street came into the dept one afternoon and asked if he could show us a what he thought was a meteorite he had found.

I got one of the PhDs from Geology. She was a stratiphrapy and mineralogy expert. She checked it out and was really nice and entertaining to the guy. She asked him if he wanted, she could chip a chunk off and do some testing. He agreed He was so excited lol. We all went outside and she took a rock a hammer and smacked it one time. It crumbled into a hundred pieces like a 4 day old biscuit.

She scooped up most of it and handed it back to him. She says "nope....not a meteorite" 😄👍😂

A number of years ago, a physic came to Hopkinsville KY, and proclaimed that he had been "told" by the spirits that there was a lost gold mine in the area. He picked a spot less than a mile from me, on a neighbors farm, and a helluva deep hole was dug there looking for lost gold. The neighbor was already spending money he didn't have.......lol.

Of course, it was a hoax, or whatever you want to call it. The physic got publicity, the newspapers for a story, and the neighbor got a hole full of water.........and I damn near fell into it one night, as I was walking across the field to get a tractor I'd left at a barn on the neighbors property.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by hanco
Bought an all correct H&R Garland from a guy here at work for 600.00. I didn’t know what I had until I read about them. A decent buy.

[Linked Image]

Stole it!!!!!
Nice....
Probably a nice arsenal rebuild from 53 to 56 timeframe.
Dudes desperate for cash and wanting to sell firearms.
Priceless.......

You sure know a lot about guns.

I wish you'd post more wile e coyote stuff. Colors and pictures, simple one sentence stories.

Me like funny, i get lonely and sniff my finger when I'm bored.

laugh crazy laugh

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Many guys thought that when a woman said, "I do".

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
+1000 ^^^

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I've picked up a couple of M77s because owners said they shot like crap. Once I took the action apart immediately saw that the problem was the magazine box binding with action. Fixed that right away and they shot sub MOA or better! At $350 each I think I made out alright.

MAGA! This is the way!
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Hit pay dirt every day for forty years in my work!

Now....waking up every day is PAYDIRT!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Hit pay dirt every day for forty years in my work!

Now....waking up every day is PAYDIRT!!

Amen to that!

MAGA! This is the way!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The local police had a gun buy back promotion in the Walmart parking lot a few years back where they gave you a $25 or $50. I forget which, Walmart gift card. Lots of junk showed up, but the pick of the litter was an authentic German Luger that some lady brought in. I'll wager that one never made it to the smelter.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

80 members (300_savage, 7mm_Loco, 6MMWASP, 6mmbrfan, 11 invisible), 1,738 guests, and 974 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,626
Posts18,492,904
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.