L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
If you are lucky enough to be Canadian and had a Chase Bank Card your debt was forgiven. That firm settles debt and by doing so phuggs up your credit but those things are left out of the Ad.

Yep. Good luck buying a car or a house in the future...

Not advocating dead-beatery, but why would you need credit to buy a car? Or a house, for that matter? Last I checked, dealers and sellers still happily accept cash....

You walking around with $40K in your pocket for a new truck, or $150K for a house? Lucky you.

When we bought our house for $108K, we took a 30 year mortgage. By paying $100 (I think) extra every month, we paid it off in 15, "saving" $100K in interest.

Then we refinaced (mortgage) to build a garage (damned near as expensive), taking a 15 and paying it off in 5, same deal.

Our two sons' about 250K combined, college costs, on the other hand, seem to be a dead loss.... smile

Last edited by las; 08/22/19.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Glad to hear someone mention Bruce Williams, used to love his radio show.

Started out with nada, and I do mean nada.

Have ended up comfortable, really have lived the American Dream with a good deal of spice thrown in.

What a guy has in his pocket or in the bank has little to do with what kind of guy he is. Know some mega wealthy men that I like and respect, and know some men that are scrambling for the next paycheck that I admire just as much.

I’ve been about everywhere on the income spectrum except the wealthy and mega wealthy

What ya got ain’t who you are.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A woman can sure as heck make or break a man, that’s for sure.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
England has a few ground dwelling diurnal rodents, In the old world the Eurasian rabbit sorta fits the bill, living in colonies and digging burrows in the ground.

Rabbits in North America don’t dig holes. New York State has chipmunks and woodchucks but chipmunks are in the woods, woodchucks are in the fields, and both of them live solitary lives.

East, Central, and South Texas seem to be lacking in these sorts of animals. I have been visiting New Mexico for 40 years but the mountains and deserts of New Mexicofor the most part also lack such creatures.

It weren’t until this last bike trip when I cycled across the Texas Panhandle and then around Montana that I really understood the passion people have for shooting prairie dogs and other ground-dwelling rodents, the friggin’ things are everywhere.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Talk Radio is where the folks selling bankruptcy, tax help, underwater mortgages, investment scams, and pecker pills push their wares. Not sure why; one would assume that the mostly conservative audience would be less prone to needing financial "help" (!) than most. The majority of those are sold by the local affiliates; Rush pushes more upscale stuff like luxury sheets and chocolate-covered rosebuds, along with computer-related services. The mortgage ads and retirement scams drive me nuts the most. Did people not learn anything from the financial disasters of the recent past?

Shrap, enjoy yourself at every opportunity. I've been out for over nine years now and it's a wonderful thing! Try to turn that radio off from time to time; all that poli-noise kills the joy after a while, and nothing much will have changed when you turn it back on.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B2

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
England has a few ground dwelling diurnal rodents, In the old world the Eurasian rabbit sorta fits the bill, living in colonies and digging burrows in the ground.

Rabbits in North America don’t dig holes. New York State has chipmunks and woodchucks but chipmunks are in the woods, woodchucks are in the fields, and both of them live solitary lives.

East, Central, and South Texas seem to be lacking in these sorts of animals. I have been visiting New Mexico for 40 years but the mountains and deserts of New Mexicofor the most part also lack such creatures.

It weren’t until this last bike trip when I cycled across the Texas Panhandle and then around Montana that I really understood the passion people have for shooting prairie dogs and other ground-dwelling rodents, the friggin’ things are everywhere.

Huh? wrong thread, maybe?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Back years ago, the Farmers Home Administration told some local farmers, and I also imagine those in other states as well, that if they wanted to keep borrowing money from them then they had to expand.....and FHA would loan them more money to do so. I'm guessing many of the famers didn't have much of a choice, because FHA was pretty much known as the lender of last resort. Some of these farmers were loaned a lot of money, even though they had no collateral.

Anyway, to make a long story short, a few years after that, FHA was ordered to get rid of a bunch of loans and they got rid of a bunch of farmers off their books by offering them a buyout. The farmers could pay FHA a percentage of what they owed and walk away with the loans paid off. I knew several guys that did that, and have often wondered about just how "ethical" that was, and I use that word for lack of a better one.

I've always believed that if you borrowed money, you were obligated to pay it back.....no matter how long it took.

B
BLG Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
I hate the ones that advertise relieving your tax debt.

How in the hell is that possible? Like it's some great thing you didn't have to pay your share of taxes, but everyone else does.

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Shrap, enjoy yourself at every opportunity. I've been out for over nine years now and it's a wonderful thing! Try to turn that radio off from time to time; all that poli-noise kills the joy after a while, and nothing much will have changed when you turn it back on.

Absolutely, I turn the radio off on the hour so I don’t have to listen to what America calls the news. We have a local talk station that covers a lot of issues locally and it is good to have some background noise that isn’t as depressing as national so-called news.

The only radio station left locally that plays good rock and roll plays too much AC-DC and Rush. I don’t care for either, I dropped my subscription to Sirius radio and Scott Shannon retired from radio so it doesn’t leave much for listening while I shoot gophers and stack hay...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by greydog
I have heard of high end real estate developers who amassed a fortune by way of strategic bankruptcies and failing to honor debt. Most working guys are too honorable to operate that way so they just work some overtime and pay the debt.
GD

I see what you did there...

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
If you are lucky enough to be Canadian and had a Chase Bank Card your debt was forgiven. That firm settles debt and by doing so phuggs up your credit but those things are left out of the Ad.

Yep. Good luck buying a car or a house in the future...

So, what’s wrong with that? If you don’t pay your bills, why should anyone invest in you?

Hmmph, well, that's simple, because you are entitled to it...

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (1234, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 219 Wasp, 160user, 17CalFan, 59 invisible), 2,152 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,011
Posts18,481,517
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.