Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
L
las Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
L
...but it sure was fun!

On way to Anchorage yesterday, came up behind a huge out of state motor home, towing, of all things , a big Humvee. (Alaska, 1948???) going 50-55 in a 65 zone. No problem, passing lanes ahead.

Behind that rig was an old, grey Subaru, with grey-haired, pony-tailed, wire-rimmed-glasses driver. Then a Blue something sedan, then me in my Ram 3500 with overhead camper.

Grey effer, on coming to a passing lane section, would pull up in the left lane just short of the left rear of the road whale and hang there, preventing us faster drivers from passing.

Third time the Subaru SOB did it, I wasn't having it, and accelerated hard (love that Cummins!), despite a double yellow, but it was a sufficient straightaway with no oncoming. Blue had the same idea and crossed the double yellow on the left just in front of me as I came up, so I went right, into the right lane the road whale was in. We simultaneously blew the doors off that Subaru, Blue slightly ahead of me!

Hard behind the roadwhale I cut that miserable POS off with a pickup length to spare, as Blue cut back in front of me, then into lthe right hand lane in front of the motor home. I had speed up, and passed Blue also, and as I went by he gave me a big grin and thumbs up.

Had we planned it, it couldn't have gone any smoother, Blue and me.

Hell, we weren't even mad. Or I wasn't, anyway.

That old Hippie didn't even give us the courtesy of the finger, probably too busy checking his Depends. Ok- he might have been younger than me....

My wife, who always gives me chit about my driving (then does the same herself, or faster), just looked at me and said "Served him right."

But then, she hates Subaru drivers anyway.

I'm bad... I know it...

Last edited by las; 08/22/19.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Nothing like a little road rage!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
L
las Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I said I wasn't mad... and I wasn't. It was cold and deliberate, and it just sorta evolved...and that's a danger.

I didn't say I lacked the vengence gene. smile

Still... we could have scared the sorry bastard enough for him to swerve into one of us. Not good.

Last edited by las; 08/23/19.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Was ya carryin?
People only do stuff like at, when they be carryin ya know.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
L
las Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Well, duh!

Still wasn't my best moment, ya know?

Besides, I wasn't stopping and no way is a fuggin Hippy Suburu gonna mess with a 3500 crew-cab Ram carrying a 3,000 lb camper. Not til he dogs me for 100 miles... unless the dogs or I have to pee sooner.

I be a bully.... I should be ashamed.

Check back with me on that. Not kosher, but it was fun!

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, gotta love the power of those Cummings. My truck will get with it, if I mash my motor.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh yes, las thanks for sharing your story.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

L
las Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
L
My Ram is old *(2003) but it will do at least 110 ( a month or so back, without the camper on it - would not have done it without new Michelins 2 days old on the truck, vs the cord-showing old tires))

Considering this thread- you don't want to know, but 13 in a row is my record to date... We have a law here that says you MUST pull over if you have stacked up 6 behind you...

I really hate people who won't pass the lead car going 10 miles under in perfect conditions and an empty oncoming lane of sufficient length.

I did resist the urge to slow down in front of them to 15 under..... smile

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That was me in Subaru

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
L
las Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Oh, sorry. Well , not really, but can I buy you a new Depends? smile

IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by las
My Ram is old *(2003) but it will do at least 110 ( a month or so back, without the camper on it - would not have done it without new Michelins 2 days old on the truck, vs the cord-showing old tires))

Considering this thread- you don't want to know, but 13 in a row is my record to date... We have a law here that says you MUST pull over if you have stacked up 6 behind you...

I really hate people who won't pass the lead car going 10 miles under in perfect conditions and an empty oncoming lane of sufficient length.

I did resist the urge to slow down in front of them to 15 under..... smile

This

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by las

But then, she hates Subaru drivers anyway.

I'm a Subaru driver... a pearl white Outback, 4 cylinder, tan beige leather interior. Just needs a rainbow colored soccer ball magnet to be complete.
That said, I hate Subaru drivers, they HAVE to be the moral imperative "keepers of the speed" on the small highways we have around here. Bastards!

I drive my best to get around every cluster of idiots that clump together and stay away from said "clusters", I believe sheeple like to drive like that, in a herd, but that's where stupid stuff happens.

Okay, off to get my manicure now...

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I got a buddy who seems to always be looking for motive or purpose in what other guys drive. Funny thing is that he drives what he drives to project an image. Constantly thinking out loud about what others think of him or what others are thinking as they drive down the road.

It's a funny thing. I've called him on it and he knows it's true. Admits it on his better days.

Me? I see others on the road. Don't (mostly) know them and don't care what they think. About anything...

I commute 60+ miles one way to work. In a Subaru. 45 miles or so on the interstate. Speed limit is 70, and I mostly set the cruise there, get in the right lane, and let everyone pass me. Til I come up to a truck that has a GPS watcher that limits them to 65. Then I pass in the left lane and if things are busy there might be from 3-5 vehicles crowding behind me for the time it takes me to pass.
Don't care what they think either.

I get the rep that Subaru and Prius drivers have. It just doesn't fit the Subaru and Prius drivers where I live.

And there's also this point;

About half way to work there is a guy I work with who passes me on a regular basis. He's usually out of sight in a few minutes on fairly straight level roads.
30 miles later I'm usually a couple of cars behind him in the turn lane for our facility.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Right^^^^^

But do you pass doing 70 or do you stomp it down and get on outta the phooking way?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by johnw
I got a buddy who seems to always be looking for motive or purpose in what other guys drive. Funny thing is that he drives what he drives to project an image. Constantly thinking out loud about what others think of him or what others are thinking as they drive down the road.

It's a funny thing. I've called him on it and he knows it's true. Admits it on his better days.

Me? I see others on the road. Don't (mostly) know them and don't care what they think. About anything...

I commute 60+ miles one way to work. In a Subaru. 45 miles or so on the interstate. Speed limit is 70, and I mostly set the cruise there, get in the right lane, and let everyone pass me. Til I come up to a truck that has a GPS watcher that limits them to 65. Then I pass in the left lane and if things are busy there might be from 3-5 vehicles crowding behind me for the time it takes me to pass.
Don't care what they think either.

I get the rep that Subaru and Prius drivers have. It just doesn't fit the Subaru and Prius drivers where I live.

And there's also this point;

About half way to work there is a guy I work with who passes me on a regular basis. He's usually out of sight in a few minutes on fairly straight level roads.
30 miles later I'm usually a couple of cars behind him in the turn lane for our facility.

What did he do, sit down and have breakfast somewhere?

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
So, you're one of those slow passing fuggers. grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
See chapter 9. "When you pass, pass! Don't dawdle! Then get the hell back in the right lane."

[Linked Image]

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Whenever I'm driving and my blood pressure spikes, there's almost always a Subaru or some kind of mini-van involved.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mathman
So, you're one of those slow passing fuggers. grin

I am that...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
IQ check should go hand in hand with a DL issue.

g

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (007FJ, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 48 invisible), 2,305 guests, and 1,147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,643
Posts18,493,304
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.