Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I thought from the beginning that it was more than likely that he'd be found guilty. I get pizzed off too at people who abuse handicapped parking spaces, but to be honest about it, I'd guess that half the people with a handicapped sticker aren't really handicapped.

I pack a gun for a legitimate self defense need, not so I can use it to shoot someone that is parked in the wrong place. It appears that the defendant was just looking for a reason to use his. I'm actually glad they put his azz away, because he would have shot someone else in all likelihood.

You overstate your position by a mile. He wasn't looking to shoot someone. He was knocked down by a man after nonviolently confronting a woman over parking in a handicapped spot without a tag. That used to be considered being a good citizen, i.e., not relying on the police to maintain public order, but doing what little you can to contribute to maintaining it on your own also. The man who knocked him down was 100% in the wrong. You're not allowed to assault someone for arguing with your girlfriend or wife. The only problem was that he shot him a second after he turned away. In all other respects, he was in the right and the dead man was in the wrong. A misjudgement by one second can land you in prison for what would have been 100% lawful a second earlier.

TRH, there is little doubt as far as I'm concerned that society is probably better off with the Negro not being around anymore. He probably needed killing......but that was neither the time nor place for it.

The one glaring fact that stands out here.....and IMO cannot be dismissed.....is the past behavior of Drejka. He was a shooting waiting to happen......a man who straps on a gun, and all of sudden becomes a bad azz, just looking to intimidate someone. People like him are the ones who project the image that the news media likes to put out there, that ultimately affects the people like you and I who carry responsibly.

Had the Negro had a weapon, or had he been shown to be keeping up his attack on Drejka, we wouldn't be having this discussion. That is the reason that I like to see some form of training for anyone who has a concealed carry permit. They need to know exactly what the law says about when you can use deadly force, and I'm not sure the "stand your ground" defense applied in this case.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
people should just mind their own damn business.

Sam......

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 17CalFan, 51 invisible), 2,235 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,254
Posts18,486,296
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.