-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dude...like it’s a Creedmoor man...like it goes all the way to 11.

If I had zero rifles and wanted one rifles, I’d buy a 6.5 Creeddude rifles.

Or maybe a 270....

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I bought a Browning X Bolt long range 6.5 creed with the McMillan game scout stock to play with at the range and to hunt whitetails with in bean fields. My range goes to 550 but is expanding to 1K.

My go to bean field gun is a .257 bee with a rem action and Bartlein barrel also with a game scout mcmillan.. I hate heating up the bee for steel targets.

I never wanted a 6.5 creed but hey, it's another chambering to play with. I have not even reloaded for it yet. Only been using 143 hornady ELD X. It is so accurate I have not tried anything else.

I don't understand the emotional response to it, especially the hatred. It runs a high BC bullet at the right twist with little recoil. What's to hate?

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by SakoluvrI/
don't understand the emotional response to it, especially the hatred. It runs a high BC bullet at the right twist with little recoil. What's to hate?
I don't know but the knots it puts in these old Fudds undershorts are hilarious.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Nope. Just a 270 Win and a Kimber at that...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Conduct is the best proof of character.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
No and don't want one. The only 6.5 that peeks my interest is the 6.5x54 in a little Mannlicher carbine.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I don't currently own a 6.5 of any flavor.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Bite it!
[Linked Image]

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My centerfires,7mag,7STW,308 Win,30-06,300WSM,300 Win Mag,338-06.I tend to lean towards the bigger calibers.
and couldn't be happier

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
No 6.5 CMs here.

I’ve nothing against the chambering. Seems a very capable hunting round and an excellent target round.

If I were to want a new rifle I would consider it.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No but I have 4 270's soon to be a 5th one when it gets here next week.. but I do have the Ruger African in 6.5x55 Swede it was the Lipsey run of 250.

Last edited by 79S; 08/29/19.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B3

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
My daughter has one. I had one. I may revisit the round in the future. It really doesn't bring much to the table for my way of hunting. I could get excited about the right 6 Creedmoor for woodchuck though. On the other hand. My gunsmith buddy has a couple 6 BR reamers.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by grovey
To me it's a light cartridge with a modern case design. It's accurate, and there's alot of factory ammo, and plenty of quality brass available. It's got quite a following, but it ain't anything magical. Rather sloooow in my book, but I bet eastern whitetail won't notice.

All true.
And deer in the west don't notice either. smile

I have both the 6.5 and 6mm – neither will do what a bajillion others won't.
But I'm just a hopelessly possessed deer hunter that happens to shoot a bit. And I'd just as soon run 50 rounds through either of them in a morning versus a 30.06. whistle

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Like was asked above, I don’t understand why the hatred for all things Creedmoor. I wouldn’t own a 7mm Rem Mag if one was given to me but I don’t bang on it because I know its a good caliber. It just doesn’t do anything for me.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Actually, I'm struggling more to resist putting together another Grendel, which would also be redundant for me. I should probably sell the dies, brass, and bullets I have to reduce the strain on my conscience.

What fresh Hell is this?
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by SKane
To me it's a light cartridge with a modern case design. It's accurate, and there's alot of factory ammo, and plenty of quality brass available. It's got quite a following, but it ain't anything magical. Rather sloooow in my book, but I bet eastern whitetail won't notice.

All true.

But I'm just a hopelessly possessed deer hunter that happens to shoot a bit. And I'd just as soon run 50 rounds through either of them in a morning versus a 30.06. whistle

You got that right !!!!!

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr

I don't understand the emotional response to it, especially the hatred. It runs a high BC bullet at the right twist with little recoil. What's to hate?

I have one. It sits next to a .243 a.260 and my old .270...... so obviously I didn’t particularly need this rifle.
But, I wanted to try the little Kimber Hunter out and the Creed was a great candidate.

I love it’s vertues. Soft recoil, great ammo, easy to shoot.
With several elk and a couple of big blacktail bucks to its credit, it’s earned it’s place.

I see it as a “better Bob”, doing all and more than the old .257.

BT53
"Where do they find young men like this?" Reporter Savidge, Iraq
Elk, it's what's for dinner....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by SKane

All true.

You got that right !!!!!

I used to be of the anti 6.5 Creedmoor crowd. Well, that changed recently when I was shooting my bigger magnums. After shoulder surgeries on each shoulder over the past 10 years, recoil is not much fun anymore.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Don't have one, have plenty of calibers to cover anything the creed can provide. I handload and it is no big trick to cover any base the creed can slide into.

That said, it is a neat little round and if I shot more I could be tempted.

Heaven has a wall, a gate and strict immigration policy.

Hell has open borders.

Let that sink in.....

I Live for Opening Day!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Ruger American
Tikka stainless
Christian Arms Mesa

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Actually, I'm struggling more to resist putting together another Grendel, which would also be redundant for me. I should probably sell the dies, brass, and bullets I have to reduce the strain on my conscience.

I was thinking about a single shot Grendel.

I used to own some bolt 6.5x55s, but never used them. Too many other toys I guess. My 6.5s were never the first rifles I reached for. I think Creedmoors are cool, but a Creedmoor would gather dust in my locker. Better to let someone else enjoy the hell out of one.

You should get one of these.

[Linked Image]

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

92 members (808outdoors, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 907brass, 14 invisible), 15,135 guests, and 1,101 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,107
Posts18,541,909
Members74,057
Most Online21,066
Yesterday at 07:15 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.