Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by shootsacreed
I have been a 6.5 disciple since the 1980's. I will be hunting with a Creed this year. Since the 80's all of my big game hunting has been with a 6.5 of some ilk. I was and am the only 6.5 guy in my camp in PA when I lived there and now that I hunt with my nephew in CO. Tough to convince some people that all deer rifles start and stop with the old standbys (.270,30-06..300 Win. Mag. etc.) They all kill well if you can shoot.
Some are sophisticated, knowledgeable riflemen and some are just Fudds.

HR IC

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I bought my first 6.5 a Swede in '87. A Sako AV Finnbear. For some reason I won a lot of "hunter matches" with that rifle. A Steyr in 6.5X57 was even more accurate. Daughter learned to shoot a centerfire with that one, so when she married and moved away I gave it to her. Still trying to find a replacement.. Without much success. I certainly would consider a 6.5 Creedmoor, but doubt it would be "better" than 6.5's I have already had. If it could get close to equal I would be a happy man.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Can I get a Savage 99 chambered in a Creed? Maybe I'll have one next year

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I wonder if, 80 years from now, grown men are still crying like 10 yr old girls when the 6.5 Creedmoor is mentioned.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Bocajnala

They came in the .257 version from the get-go. (grin)

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I wonder if, 80 years from now, grown men are still crying like 10 yr old girls when the 6.5 Creedmoor is mentioned.

"Men" will no longer be an acceptable noun in 80 years. Likely because of all the creedmoor owners.

In God We Trust.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

🤣🤣

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by horse1

They came in the .257 version from the get-go. (grin)

Does that come with the magic kill-moor pixie dust?

In God We Trust.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Not "crying" just skeptical, also own a 270 Winchester!! Guess that means I might be gay and doubt my manhood...… I would guess that many years from now the 6.5 Creedmoor will be an "honored" cartridge.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
It likely will be.

In God We Trust.
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
80 years from now rifles and hunting will be completely illegal and males will no longer be "men".

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No 6.5s this year. ........ I'll have either a 257Roberts or a non-AI 280 and my partner will likely bring his 358Winchester.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O

"Men" will no longer be an acceptable noun in 80 years. Likely because of all the creedmoor owners.

Not too far off. Hunted mule deer out of Gunnison last fall. Seems restrooms are gender neutral now. We use to go to one of the local watering holes for a cold one and hang with real men. Wranglers,hunters,outfitters. Last fall we hit it just in time for trivia night. Suminabitch.

Last edited by Otter6; 09/02/19.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I may hunt the 270 WSM again this year or at least have it as a back up to my 6.5x55, 6AI and 25-06, for deer. I just can't convince myself I need a Creedmoor or if I do it will be the .224 iteration.

The 270 WSM is easy to load and gets the velocity some claim for the 270 Winchester without getting your panties in a knot., I like it. Is there really a niche between the 270 Win and Weatherby, I think so but it may take a couple of Scotches to firmly believe that with conviction.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
My brother in law has one of the LSS M700s in 270 WSM. Sharp rifle too . Stainless and grey lammy. That thing is a joy to load for. We took it along elk hunting as a spare rifle between us. 160 Partitions just flat shoot out of that thing. He had it pillar bedded and the trigger tuned. Fun rig to be around.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Otter6

Not too far off. Hunted mule deer out of Gunnison last fall. Seems restrooms are gender neutral now. We use to go to one of the local watering holes for a cold one and hang with real men. Wranglers,hunters,outfitters. Last fall we hit it just in time for trivia night. Suminabitch.

Suminabitch is right. That's sad.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Again I see the marketing hype commented upon. Where was this? I have never seen any.

I suspect that positive articles in magazines and pieces on YouTube count as hype.

I did see a Hornady ad touting the .300 PRC the other day. Those skunks even had a graph, dang 'em!

Graphs are a sure sign of hype! Ye ol' Creedmoor has been out like 12 years now. And it's wayy more popular than a lot of other "newer" stuff. It's no flash in the pan. Standard bolt face, standard short action. Easy to load for. Ample factory ammo. Gentle on the shoulder. Bunches of properly twisted rifles, from cheap to high dollar. Works in various rifle configurations. Damned good cartridge. I guess I will need to watch tv and read magazines so I can catch up on the hype.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by StrayDog

Skane, Yep, I remember you and BobinNH shooting some of those Kansas targets with Creeds, but if I'm remembering correctly BobinNH and your dad went back to their other rifles not being overly impressed?

Mike-
Well, not entirely so. Bob only owned his 6.5 Creedmoor a short time and never hunted it. He still preferred his tried-and-true 270. laugh
My father first hunted his 6.5 Creedmoor last year and he rather enjoyed it. And he'll never claim it has more @ss than the .270 - just a little less horsepower and considerably less recoil for the point-blank deer hunting he does - which is exactly what he was after.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Blackheart
80 years from now rifles and hunting will be completely illegal and males will no longer be "men".

I think that is far more likely.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by StrayDog
WSM or Creedmoor which will actually be in hunting camps

I don't do hunting camps, but I did sell off my last 300 WSM, and bought a 6.5 Creedmoor. However, I'm actually using my trusty 308 Kimber MT, primarily because it's already loaded for and zeroed, not because I think it's more capable on elk. Plus, I just like the 308...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

123 members (44mc, 10Glocks, 1100mag, 35, 10gaugemag, 17 invisible), 1,365 guests, and 932 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,749
Posts18,495,264
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.