Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
T
TheKid Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
All this doom and gloom, what with Demoncrats, ISIS, dead oil tycoons, and cancer is getting me down. I’ve got a cousin and a cousin’s husband both with cancer. Both of them younger than me and likely better human beings, sometimes the cookie crumbles in a schitty fashion.

So how’s about a thread about the good stuff, the stuff that keeps us getting up and out of bed in the morning or anticipating the weekend. No sad schit allowed.

I’ll go first. I just bought my first ever brand spanking new pickup. Big red bastard just the way I wanted it. It was hard to write the check but damn it’s nice not worrying if it’s going to make it to work or on a hunting trip. Been two weeks and we’ve already loaded it up with catfish and cleaned a pile of doves on the tailgate. [Linked Image]

Dove season is rolling along. Pretty slow and birds are scattered and few. But sitting on a bucket in the weeds with my sidekick and his BB gun beats sitting at home and watching the debil TV. We even managed a 15 bird limit the other night, just the two of us. My average sucks but shells are cheap and I’m still over 60%. [Linked Image]

Momma is under control health wise for now. They’ve finally got a good combo of super expensive drugs that seems pretty good at keeping her on pretty steady ground. We even get her out in the dingweeds with us once in a while to help us goof off.[Linked Image]

Me and the boy have probably caught close to 500 pounds of catfish this spring and summer, all on rod and reel. Thank goodness I don’t let him talk me into cleaning all of them. And it’s not over yet, we tied into a dolphin the other night that got in the rocks and broke us off. Friday nights are drive thru pizza and then off to the lake to fish under the lantern until we get too sleepy. We’ll keep it up for another month or so probably, then it’ll be time to get serious about deer and elk. [Linked Image]

Went on a big arrowhead expedition last weekend and walked my butt off, for one stinking broke point. Still a good time with my dad and uncles and the boy got another Indian rock for his collection. Coolest find of the day for me though was when we went to look one last stretch before we headed back. I still didn’t find any points but I did find a cool old soda pop bottle. It’s a Hutch bottle from The El Reno Bottling Works, El Reno OT. The OT is for Oklahoma Territory so it’s from 1889-1907. Not a crack, chip, or bruise on it and it still has the stopped inside. I’ll have to take a picture tomorrow and post it up.

I’m CO bound again come end of October for 3rd rifle and camp with uncles and cousins and of course my 87 year old Grandad. Grandad probably bought his last tag last year but we don’t care, we’re just glad to have him along to tell stories about the old days and supervise the cooking. Maybe I can have a repeat of last year and kill a bull again, we’ve just about eaten the last one up.

I know sometimes life seems like it’s all suck. Then I have to step back, crack a cold High Life, and look at the bright side for a minute. So whatcha got to add from the good life?

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Go to the Mint and play a game of pool with Richard boy once in a while.

Went shooting with the kids on out home range yesterday.

Spend more time with my kids and family than most anyone I know.

Couldn't get no better.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good on both of you.

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You two are livin' the life for sure.

Kid, keep it up with that boy hunting and fishin'. Good likelihood of him turning out just fine. Hope "momma" continues to improve.

Jim. You about as lucky as a man can be. Get to spend days at work with the family.

Me, I got to spend the day with my lovely wife. Driving 160 miles to the retinal doc. Getting poked in the back of the hand and injected with fluorescent die, having bright lights flashed in my eyeballs so they can take pics (I'm so light sensitive they actually cause pain, I get numbing drops to help). Then after the doc looks at the pics I get to have a needle inserted into my eye and "medicine" injected. And told to come back in 5 weeks and do it again.

The good news, because we went to the big city, we got to have beef and lamb schwarma for me and falafel for my wife. And have a really nice drive through the beautiful forest of the Southern Cascades.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Couple weeks back drove cross country with my 22 year old daughter on her move back home from Minn.

SD Badlands Nationals Park
Rushmore
Sturgis/Motorcycle Museum
Devils Tower
Casper Wyoming National Historic Trails Center
Park City Utah Olympic Park

Momma and I did a better job at parenting than I thought.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I talked my daughter out of adopting a cat from the animal shelter.

Life is good.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
I talked my daughter out of adopting a cat from the animal shelter.

Life is good.

Did you get her a pony yet?

Or just some Taylor Swift swag.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Couple weeks back drove cross country with my 22 year old daughter on her move back home from Minn.

Rushmore
Devils Tower

Geeze.....It would only have been a 600 mile round trip detour to come visit.....

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by FatCity67

Rushmore
Devils Tower

Geeze.....It would only have been a 600 mile round trip detour to come visit.....

Jim Honestly I was thinking about taking the high route through Montana but Daughter had to be back here for her new job in four days.

Ill get to the High Line eventually. After that trip Ive been seduced by flyover country.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Badlands

This is the Greek Food cooking kid.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

"Maybe we're all happy."

IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Nice pictures!

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'd love to see those Badlands.

Always enjoyed the Painted Desert down in AZ and SoCal has some smaller versions too.

Perhaps when I come back in the next life I'll be deposited near enough to that part of the country.

Geno

PS, cute kid too. Wishing her the best in that new job.

In it is contentment

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Dang your post made me feel good, Kid!

Made me think about all the good stuff in my life. Great family including 5 grandkids. Good friends to sip a little bourbon with and shoot a little pool.

Heading out to Wyoming for antelope next week with some of those friends and my son.

All good.

Jim, you mentioned shooting pool at the Mint. Would that be the one in Belgrade? Shot a game or three there back a long time ago..

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

"Maybe we're all happy."

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Oh yeah also Checked out the

Corn Palace and Wall Drug

"Maybe we're all happy."

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Got this purple .22 I get to go shoot with my daughter all the time...

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, my wife of 19yrs just asked for a divorce.. she will get half my retirement.. she wants me out of the house by next Thursday.. yeah the good life... give me a ph ucking break more like the chitty life..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
will be on the island this weekend hitting the surf.

[Linked Image]

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Almost 1 year since I retired at the ripe old age of 47. Only getting better! Where does the time go?? Shooting,fishing hunting,volunteering,planting food plots, hitting gym...…. only wished I could have retired sooner. Life is very good!!

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I figure every day I'm able to wake up, get up, and go about doing whatever I want, has been a good day. I cannot complain, life is good.

On a side note, about the Badlands and Rushmore......loved that trip and would like to go back. Beautiful country out that way.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (12344mag, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 1234, 66 invisible), 2,803 guests, and 1,150 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,315
Posts18,487,306
Members73,968
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.