M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Tarquin
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Originally Posted by hatari

Scouting is a symbol of White, Christian, traditionalism. Churches are the stronghold of scouting. To the Left, this must be destroyed along with anything that promotes or glorifies God and Judeo-Christianity as well as traditional Anglo-Saxon/European values.

Well, you convinced me hatari. If scouting is supposed to be about white supremacy, then it's gotta go. Funny how that was never part of the program back in the day (45-50 yrs ago).

He neither said or implied anything of the sort. Deliberate obtuseness and misrepresentation seem to be your stock in trade.

The misrepresentation is deliberate, but the obtuseness may well be genuine.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
So sad. I was in Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, and Explorers for 7 years. It meant a lot to me and I learned a great deal.
Just the other day I had to pull something with my pickup, my girlfriend saw me tying a complicated knot onto the tow loop, and she asked how I learned that.

I told her I learned the bowline 58 years ago in Boy Scouts. "The rabbit comes out of the hole, goes around the tree, and back in the hole."

We were down at my brother's place for the Fourth, she was in the kitchen cooking. All the kitchen knives dull. She began complaining to sister in law.
She told me about that, and she asked me how come our knives are always so sharp. I told her, I learned how to sharpen knives, in 1962 in the Boy Scouts.

Just last month we went canoeing in the French Broad River. She asked my how I could so confidently handle the canoe in all the rapids.
I told her, I got the Canoeing, and the Mile Swim merit badges at Camp Bert Adams in the Boy Scouts. Like riding a bicycle, you learn canoeing and swimming at age 12 and you never forget.

Just about every day I use something I learned in Boy Scouts. Just two weeks ago I saw a local "Scouting" chapter in the newspaper, they had gone on a campout to the Scout camp, there were 8 boys and 3 girls.

I don't want to be a stick in the mud but you start putting 14, 15 year old boys and girls together for a 3 day campout, you are going to wind up with a pregnant girl/boy scout.

A crying shame what they are doing with my Boy Scouts makes me sick.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by bluefish
They're on the verge of bankruptcy. That was the goal all along---destroy them. Destroy marriage. Destroy the family. Destroy the Boy Scouts. Destroy this country. Destroy western civilization and destroy freedom.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/l...he-boy-scouts/ar-AAH9HEe?ocid=spartandhp

You are correct on all points except one; you left out the end game which is to insert government as the new provider of all these things once it has destroyed the old way. It's sick and frightening. We are all mistaken if we don't realize the seriousness of the fight we are in for our children and grandchildren's sake here, boys.

Truth! Are we getting closer to a trip to DC?

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Liberals have almost destroyed the USA. We can save it but the liberals have to go.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That was the intention. They will continue to destroy anything that resembles the America you grew up in. That way the next generation has no point of reference of what America is/was. With no point of reference why would they fight to restore it. Put an animal in a cage that has been living free and it will try to escape until its dead. But one born and raised in a cage will live happily in that cage for its whole life because it never knew anything else.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
IC B2

T
Tarquin Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by hatari

Scouting is a symbol of White, Christian, traditionalism. Churches are the stronghold of scouting. To the Left, this must be destroyed along with anything that promotes or glorifies God and Judeo-Christianity as well as traditional Anglo-Saxon/European values.

Well, you convinced me hatari. If scouting is supposed to be about white supremacy, then it's gotta go. Funny how that was never part of the program back in the day (45-50 yrs ago).

I'm sorry Mr. Beans, but you're a raving idiot. Scouting "is a symbol of white, Christian traditionalism" to the Left, not to anyone else. This is precisely why the Left has attacked it---because they associate it with that which they abhor---white, Christian and traditional---while on one else does. It is therefore the rank bigotry of the Left that has led to the move to destroy scouting, nothing emanating from the right. You are indeed, "deliberately obtuse".

Last edited by Tarquin; 09/12/19.

Tarquin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
POWER. Follow the power. With the left all decisions lead to power. To get it, traditional institutions must be demolished. And, anything that leads to votes, no matter how bad for the country, will BE the agenda.

Very good and straight to the heart of it all. Thx.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
So sad. I was in Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, and Explorers for 7 years. It meant a lot to me and I learned a great deal.
Just the other day I had to pull something with my pickup, my girlfriend saw me tying a complicated knot onto the tow loop, and she asked how I learned that.

I told her I learned the bowline 58 years ago in Boy Scouts. "The rabbit comes out of the hole, goes around the tree, and back in the hole."

We were down at my brother's place for the Fourth, she was in the kitchen cooking. All the kitchen knives dull. She began complaining to sister in law.
She told me about that, and she asked me how come our knives are always so sharp. I told her, I learned how to sharpen knives, in 1962 in the Boy Scouts.

Just last month we went canoeing in the French Broad River. She asked my how I could so confidently handle the canoe in all the rapids.
I told her, I got the Canoeing, and the Mile Swim merit badges at Camp Bert Adams in the Boy Scouts. Like riding a bicycle, you learn canoeing and swimming at age 12 and you never forget.

Just about every day I use something I learned in Boy Scouts. Just two weeks ago I saw a local "Scouting" chapter in the newspaper, they had gone on a campout to the Scout camp, there were 8 boys and 3 girls.

I don't want to be a stick in the mud but you start putting 14, 15 year old boys and girls together for a 3 day campout, you are going to wind up with a pregnant girl/boy scout.

A crying shame what they are doing with my Boy Scouts makes me sick.

I agree that is a potential problem. However, I changed my tune on prohibiting girls in the Boy Scouts after I found out what happened to the Girl (now Lesbian/feminist) Scouts. I have a daughter, if I wanted her to learn to canoe, sharpen knives, learn fire starting and safety, woodsman ship, orienteering, etc. there is only one place left, and that is the Boy Scouts. I'd rather my 15 year old girl be with 15 year old boys than man hating lesbos singing the praises of snap on tools. I could chaperone normal boys and girls. The lesbos would nauseate me.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
T
Tarquin Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
I wish we'd had girls in our scout troop. blush But it would have made that "morally straight" thing a fair bit more difficult. wink

Tarquin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wish we'd had girls in our scout troop. blush But it would have made that "morally straight" thing a fair bit more difficult. wink

I thought that meant you had to stick to the missionary position. No kinky stuff....... smile

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Really? Actually, I was an old-school boy scout. Back when that actually meant something.

So what is it that you folks find attractive about a preteen boy?

Hard to fathom, help me out here LB.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Rex Tillerson...
Trumps buddy...
Thanks a million pal, a pox upon your gay house.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
still comes down to the local unit. ours around here are all a-ok. good kids, good adults, good programs and kids going from tiger to eagle, having good clean fun and learning civic responsibility. fugg anybody that don't like it.

My diploma is a DD214
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by irfubar
[quote=Tarquin]They're on the verge of bankruptcy. That was the goal all along---destroy them. Destroy marriage. Destroy the family. Destroy the Boy Scouts. Destroy this country. Destroy western civilization and destroy freedom.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/l...he-boy-scouts/ar-AAH9HEe?ocid=spartandhp

yeah right. Sniffle. What do the destroyers get out of all this? Just curious what their pay off is.

The goal of these people is to destroy our traditions, destroy strong independent men and masculinity, destroy the family unit.... why? because they are envious, they are freaks... like you!
[/quote

]guess you have to explain the obvious to a lefty...goes to show, they don't personally have a friggin clue..

they are just doing what their zoo handlers tell them to do....

like good communists, they know better than to question anything their masters tell them to do...

and then the same clowns talk at lengths about the white man and slavery...

stupidschitts are clueless, they are talking themselves into being slaves and are too stupid to realize it...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I wouldn’t put my son in the Scouts now!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They've done a fine job destroying themselves.

Took oldest to his first Cub Scout meeting about a month ago. Sat through a 15 minute intro to scouting then a 40 minute talk about fugging popcorn. Kids were to bored tears sitting on the floor in a room. We got up and left.

Effing ridiculous.

Going to look for an alternative outdoors group. Seems quite a few have cropped up with the downfall of Scouting.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

661 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 16gage, 160user, 12344mag, 75 invisible), 2,960 guests, and 1,292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,735
Posts18,494,938
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.