Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by xxclaro
Originally Posted by Ringman
And yes, I do call that science....you study and gather as much info as you can and try to draw conclusions from that. As new information or technology comes on the scene, you go back and look at the previous work to see if it can't be improved. If it can, you do so, and publish the new information. That's how its supposed to work. It's not perfect, but it's the only approach that makes sense.

Is this how the search for making life works? I mean scientists have been failing for fifty, sixty, or maybe by now seventy years. We are talking about intelligent people. In fact very educated people, at that. Not blind random chance, and they have only proven life comes from life.

That may ultimately prove to be true, and I'd have zero issues with that. However, knowledge is not gained by saying "this seems to be true, let's stop looking at it altogether and just assume its right"...they obviously didn't stop looking at the age of the universe just because previous scientists thought they had the numbers right, and that's the way science should work.

"They" dated" the earth by a meteorite called "Allende". And we, as creationists, are not suppose to challenge their blind assumptions. Scientists, both creationists and evolutionists, are just like the garbage man and the logger. They have presuppositions and try to find "facts" to support their presuppositions.

Like I have challenged so often, name one of creationist Ph.D. (no theologians or philosophers) who, after earning their doctorate, became an evolutionists and I will give you a list of evolutionists who became creationists. Unbiased lab and field work tends to support creation and a curse. That's why they switch.

Now that's funny!

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Jesus. (Pun there)

Not this sshit again.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
Still older than the 'begats'

How long is a begat anyway?

So the universe may be 11.7 billion years old instead of 13.7 billion years old. Or it might not be. My life is destroyed!

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Are these the same scientists that keep telling us that global warming will destroy the planet in 20 years?

In general, yes.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And yes, I do call that science....you study and gather as much info as you can and try to draw conclusions from that. As new information or technology comes on the scene, you go back and look at the previous work to see if it can't be improved. If it can, you do so, and publish the new information. That's how its supposed to work. It's not perfect, but it's the only approach that makes sense.

Bravo, at least one person here seems to understand "the structure of scientific revolutions" and paradigm shift.

Last edited by Squidge; 09/12/19.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
IC B2

L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Originally Posted by slumlord
Still older than the 'begats'

How long is a begat anyway?

So the universe may be 11.7 billion years old instead of 13.7 billion years old. Or it might not be. My life is destroyed!

Yeah, a billion here, a billion there, pretty soon we are talking about "A Brief History of Time".

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Sun is predicted to become a red giant, expand, and make a cinder of urth in 5.4 billion years. If they're off on that at the same rate and it's only 4.6 billion years I'm gonna be pissed!!! laugh

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by nighthawk
The Sun is predicted to become a red giant, expand, and make a cinder of urth in 5.4 billion years. If they're off on that at the same rate and it's only 4.6 billion years I'm gonna be pissed!!! laugh

Yer gonna be toast!

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Science is wrong because

Jesus.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by Robert_White
https://mynorthwest.com/1510612/study-finds-the-universe-might-be-2-billion-years-younger/?

Evidently the materialists are having a hard time keeping their fairy tales straight!

And you have the real story, instead of fairy tales, I take it? Care to tell us of your scientific studies and conclusions?

The real story is in Genesis. You should read it. You read it and tell me what it says about the age of the earth.

Further, you should understand.... and maybe you do, the Bible is about God and Man....it is not, nor intended to be an primer on astrophysics and origins of the universe. The Bible is about something much more important and much relevant than the origin of the universe.

But, if you don’t get it, well the, you don’t get it.... at least not yet......Keep after it.

I have indeed read it. Like you say, it's not intended to be a primer on astrophysics and the origins of the universe. I think most of it is intended to be allegorical. I too agree that there are far more important issues at hand than the alleged age of the universe. I still find all kinds of scientific investigation interesting though, and I don't understand disparaging folks who are trying to figure things out to the best of their ability just because they admit that their earlier theories or calculations may have been incorrect. It should be encouraged. I have far more respect for someone,scientist or otherwise, who can modify their thinking and opinions based on new information than someone who is so sure they have all the answers that they refuse to even honestly consider a new idea.

IC B3

L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Genesis is the bomb. An over-view if you will. Thumb-nail sketch. Pretty good for a bunch of ignorant theorists not conversant with scientific method.

We are just filling in the fine-print. Subject to new input.

Last edited by las; 09/12/19.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
2 billion out of say 14 billion, that's only 14% error. Better than being completely wrong.

Last edited by mauserand9mm; 09/12/19.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
2 billion out of say 14 billion, that's only 14% error. Better than being completely wrong.

If it is an error.

Stay tuned.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Creationists are out by about 14 billion years.

Well?
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

They always miss that point

I say this one only goes 12 pages.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
They miss a lot of points (and facts), but I don't want to make any trouble...

Well?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Imagine that ,..scientists humble enough to admit error, but wide and varied opinions by billions of Christians \on interpretation of Scripture
remain just that for 2000 + yrs and counting..

but some christians tell you what you believe don't matter,.. its what God thinks of you that matters,

unfortunately no christian knows what God really thinks about them except that they are wicked and unworthy.
but that don't prevent many having deluded high opinions of themselves.

its hilarious the matter of the divinity of Jesus was 'finally settled' in 325 A.D. through a council voting system
fraught with vote stacking, threats and bribery.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans

They always miss that point

I say this one only goes 12 pages.

first thing you have posted that I agree with. I'm worried..... about me.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Robert_White
https://mynorthwest.com/1510612/study-finds-the-universe-might-be-2-billion-years-younger/?

Evidently the materialists are having a hard time keeping their fairy tales straight!

Nope.

You just have a reading comprehension problem. Here's a couple of paragraphs from the linked article:

Jee and outside experts had big caveats for her number. She used only two gravitational lenses, which were all that were available, and so her margin of error is so large that it’s possible the universe could be older than calculated, not dramatically younger.

Harvard astronomer Avi Loeb, who wasn’t part of the study, said it an interesting and unique way to calculate the universe’s expansion rate, but the large error margins limits its effectiveness until more information can be gathered.

So, what's being reported is a new way of making the measurement, along with initial results, possible error bands, and an acknowledgement that more data needs to be gathered to refine the measurement. Yes, this is now science is done.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How can you sufficiently explain science to folks who's minds are trapped in the paradigm of backward ancient myths and superstitions?

iTs no coincidence that folks with such subjective fabled religious beliefs often compound them with modern day conspiracy beliefs.

They fear science aims to undermine Bible and thus likely the work of the devil...computer barcodes and Mother energy drink = tools of the devil.

if only they could round up the people responsible and burn at the stake , hang them or drown them like witches in Salem.

of course where desperate prayers aren't working to save their bacon..they don't mind using the evil sciences of modern medicine drugs,
cartridge propellants and polymer guns.

Does anyone really know of one Christian that prefers to start praying before the idea of reaching for his gun?

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Page 2 of 17 1 2 3 4 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 68 invisible), 2,564 guests, and 1,366 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,448
Posts18,470,996
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.