Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by Borchardt
Originally Posted by cuznguido
Anyone who believes the gov does not have a real good idea of everything that you own is delusional.

The gov can tell from internet purchases, bank records, etc, to a pretty close degree who owns what. They won’t have to seize anything. After not being able to get credit cards, ride an airplane, get a mortgage or send your kid to college, people will line up to turn in their guns, and that’s before the “Rat out your neighbor for extra food rations” program kicks off.

This. The scariest development in the last decade is basically how the commie globalists have farmed out the police state to private corporations. Once they are back in control of the government, there will not be much to stop them and the private corporations will willingly cooperate if not take the lead in everything.

For one thing, you have a vivid imagination. In the second place, we are talking here and now, not some Hunger Games fantasy. There are all sorts of possibilities, but fighting UBC's tooth and nail is a worthwhile thing to do. Quit being a pussy.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by Borchardt
Originally Posted by cuznguido
Anyone who believes the gov does not have a real good idea of everything that you own is delusional.

The gov can tell from internet purchases, bank records, etc, to a pretty close degree who owns what. They won’t have to seize anything. After not being able to get credit cards, ride an airplane, get a mortgage or send your kid to college, people will line up to turn in their guns, and that’s before the “Rat out your neighbor for extra food rations” program kicks off.

This. The scariest development in the last decade is basically how the commie globalists have farmed out the police state to private corporations. Once they are back in control of the government, there will not be much to stop them and the private corporations will willingly cooperate if not take the lead in everything.

For one thing, you have a vivid imagination. In the second place, we are talking here and now, not some Hunger Games fantasy. There are all sorts of possibilities, but fighting UBC's tooth and nail is a worthwhile thing to do. Quit being a pussy.

STFU. A difference of opinion as to the efficacy of certain tactics does not make me or anyone else “anti-gun”.

The things we’re talking about here ain’t some fantasy. It’s exactly what the damned Democrats we’re talking about last night. Beto is sending letters to banks asking them to cancel credit cards if gun purchasers. One hundred and forty three corporations are lobbying Congress for tougher gun control. There are people actually trying to do all of this right now. And all you’re worried about are your mastubatory fantasies where a couple of ATF agents show up asking you about a gun and you go, “What gun?”

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Masturbatory fantasies? And you call me insane? lol I'm talking about real-world, peaceful solutions. You're going off the deep end like some Democrat. Are things dire? Certainly. They have been before. Possibly we've never faced such a full-court press from the big boys. We can overcome again.

Seriously, you've got your hero Trump there to block all this stuff, right? So no worries. Trump's against UBC's since your well-dressed hero smartened him up. Isn't that your schtick?

Everything I have said is true. You're the one fantasizing and coming unglued. Settle down and quit pussying out not to mention encouraging others to do so.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Btw, to paraphrase everybody's favorite country comedian...if you think Lindsey Graham is one of the good guys, if you constantly tell people it does no good to oppose gun control at the national level, if you follow somebody around calling him "crazy" or "semi-retarded" and the like because his solidly pro-gun opinion differs from your own...you may be anti-gun.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Redneck
Not here... The 4473 has the S/N, but the NICS check does not ask for it... Only the FFL holder has those forms stored in-house and NOT at the gov't; until and unless he/she retires/quits the business - then they're sent in..

I stand corrected, Lee. I do know two men that had the FBI show up at their doors looking for a certain model of Marlin 22 magnum rifle. One had a stainless model and they didn't want to do forensics on it but the other guy had a blued model and they did forensics on it. Another guy at work traded guns all the time and one day he got a call from the Cleveland, Ohio PD asking why a 9mm S&W pistol bought by him was found laying in a street there? He told them he had traded if off a couple of years ago. Anyway, if you buy a firearm from a FFL dealer it can be traced to you if you still posses it.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Consider this also, my friend...I am old enough to remember my Dad being incredulous that you had to do all this paperwork (Form 4473) just to buy a gun, when he bought me my first. I remember him asking if there was a way not to do it. The Greatest Generation was asleep at the wheel when the government and the NRA brought us the GCA of 1968. The government promised it was to only be used for crime control-never registration. People actually believed and trusted the government back then. Richard Nixon was elected the first time in 1968. With guys like that in orifice, you had to trust the government...right?
Nixon didn't take office until Jan '69. This was an LBJ atrocity to go along with his civil rights law.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Btw, to paraphrase everybody's favorite country comedian...if you think Lindsey Graham is one of the good guys, if you constantly tell people it does no good to oppose gun control at the national level, if you follow somebody around calling him "crazy" or "semi-retarded" and the like because his solidly pro-gun opinion differs from your own...you may be anti-gun.

Seriously, go get an MRI. You’ve gone off the deep end. You started this fight by claiming that I’m anti-gun because I disagree with you on a few issues. You’re the pussy. You’re up in arms and freak out everyday with some half assed story about what’s coming down the pike. It ain’t. And if it does, it doesn’t mean much and there are still plenty of ways to fight it. What you’re going to do is freak out, and stay home in November like a pussy, and watch these insane idiots implement something that will either see us completely undone or result in civil war. And you are directly encouraging others to do the same.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Well the universal background check proposal is basically un-enforceable---I sell you a gun--how can that be monitored?Unless you F up and do something note worthy with the gun--who's to know? Universal background sounds reasonable to a lot of people so they think--"hey whats so bad about that?"---BUT once its on the books how DO they enforce it? OH lets make registratrion of ALL firearms a law so we can enforce it---SLIPPERY SLOPE--Dont let the camels nose under the tent!!!!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV
When a FFL seller does the background check and we buy a firearm from them the govt. has the serial number and knows who bought it. The dems know if we do a private sale the govt. doesn't know where it is.
Not here... The 4473 has the S/N, but the NICS check does not ask for it... Only the FFL holder has those forms stored in-house and NOT at the gov't; until and unless he/she retires/quits the business - then they're sent in..

Lol, had a LGS back in the 80’s and 90’s run by an old man who always said “I will never turn in my 4473 books.” Kept his license till he passed. Talked to his grand son a couple of months later and was told the old man had a hell of a good bonfire a couple of months before he passed. Burned every damn one of them from 30 years of being a distributor and dealer.

Last edited by Swifty52; 09/13/19.

Swifty
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by savage2400
Well the universal background check proposal is basically un-enforceable---I sell you a gun--how can that be monitored?Unless you F up and do something note worthy with the gun--who's to know? Universal background sounds reasonable to a lot of people so they think--"hey whats so bad about that?"---BUT once its on the books how DO they enforce it? OH lets make registratrion of ALL firearms a law so we can enforce it---SLIPPERY SLOPE--Dont let the camels nose under the tent!!!!!!

They don't enforce the laws they have now. If they did we wouldn't be having this thread.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by 100_dollar_Bill
So, we have a federal gun registry. Bummer! frown

Supplies!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
When a FFL seller does the background check and we buy a firearm from them the govt. has the serial number and knows who bought it. The dems know if we do a private sale the govt. doesn't know where it is.

They know where it is the day it was purchased, but someone could see it at the range next day and offer you a nice profit for it. Then it's no longer in your possession, and the Feds no longer have any idea where it is.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
It is my understanding that background check info is supposed to see if you are eligible to buy, but your info is not to be saved. This was to stop the feds from saving your name and info so that a registry could not be created. So, when there is a shooting, the police seem to have the ability to find out if the shooter had passed a background check to buy their firearm .

So, they must save your info after all!? When did that happen?

Bill

It happened on day one.

You may not believe this...but our Govt. lied to us about this...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
The serial number is not submitted on the background check. Only buyers name, id and date of birth along with type of firearm. Been doing it for years. 4473 stays with dealer. ATF can ask for a trace on a specific gun and they go from manufacturer to distributor to dealer.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Not really.
They are merely tracing the gun by serial number to the dealer who sold it.
The fact it was bought from a dealer proves they passed the background check.

Last edited by Snyper; 09/13/19.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
It is my understanding that background check info is supposed to see if you are eligible to buy, but your info is not to be saved. This was to stop the feds from saving your name and info so that a registry could not be created. So, when there is a shooting, the police seem to have the ability to find out if the shooter had passed a background check to buy their firearm .

Bill

Ahhhh, you're starting to catch on.......Good For You.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I once bought a nice little .380 Sig Sauer P238, which I later gave to my son as a Christmas present. He was working on the pipeline and traveling between jobs when he spent the night in a hotel. He brought his pistol into the hotel room with an extra mag in the box, in which the pistol came. The next morning he left, but forgot the box with the loaded mag in his hotel room. He had the pistol with him in a pocket holster.

I got a call from law enforcement asking me if I knew anything about a loaded magazine being left in a hotel room (out of state.) I was in Oklahoma. I said I did not, but in the course of our conversation, I found out the mag was found inside a Sig P238 box traced back to me. I said I had given that pistol to my son for Christmas, and he was traveling on the pipeline and probably left it in his hotel room.

So, I then knew that there was a federal gun list with my name on it.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Snyper

Not really.
They are merely tracing the gun by serial number to the dealer who sold it.
The fact it was bought from a dealer proves they passed the background check.

You don't think .gov knows to whom the firearm was sold?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Bill

Ahhhh, you're starting to catch on.......Good For You.

Wrong Williams said something on Fox News that got me wondering about the current state of background checks. He said that we need to expand background checks to private sales, etc. so that "we would know who owns those guns!!" I wondered if things had changed, or if it was just the usual know-nothing BS one usually sees on TV.

I don't believe the feds keep a "true" registry, that is a list of folks and the guns they own. However, I've always tried to up my cynicism and I know I need it. I don't doubt there are "secret" databases out there. And surely there are ways to trace a gun to a buyer. You guys have reminded me of some of the technicalities that I'd forgotten. Thanks.

Bill

There are many copies.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Feds damn sure know if you fail a BG check. I’m sure you probably get “red flagged” or at the very least, on some kinda of Gov list.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

245 members (222Sako, 12344mag, 2500HD, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 21 invisible), 1,717 guests, and 1,041 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,122
Posts18,483,677
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.