Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Grandma called those apple bucks! Her deer leave them alone. They spend all year eating the yard shrub's and garden plot. While getting used to people not screwing with them. A entire summer goes by peaceful. Then comes old grandma and pops one with her 25-35! Not just where we lived, but all over the country!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I like the sound of that caliber. 25-35. Been wanting one for years now.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

Liberal parenting at it's finest. Good Lord!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Could it be the product works?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by huntsonora
They aren’t worth the time it would take to tell you guys how ridiculous those clowns are

Ghost, Hunt says no. I expect he knows.,

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Ringman

Umm..........no.

Any wild deer would not stick around with someone walking up to them in the wide open.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nice job editing out the corn feeder. laugh

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
[quote=kid0917]I like the sound of that caliber. 25-35. That's what she used, not only deer but elk and a cougar that was after her sheep! Eastern Oregon back country was nice in her time! 1888 till 1961!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
those kids sure can stalk up real close

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by Ringman

Umm..........no.

Any wild deer would not stick around with someone walking up to them in the wide open.

I used to fish a public area where a whitetail buck would come up to you and want you to scratch his head and neck. He was maybe 120" 8 point last I saw him.

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 700LH
those kids sure can stalk up real close

Could it be that their product works?

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Yeah - not much fence... I once walked around the corner of a 3-sided multiple spruce tree deadfall, about 7 feet tall on a side. all 3 sides.

20 feet in front of me was a bull moose bedded down. He jumped up, turned, and cleared the deadfall behind him- no running start even.

I only gave him a 9.5, as a hind hoof ticked the top log going over......

Not bad for a 1200 lb animal! smile

Beats the hell out of getting run over , too!

Last edited by las; 09/15/19.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
They are wild in the sense that they are not confined but they are semi-tame in the sense that they don't recognise a threat. We have deer and elk which hang around our place and are not tame but are used to us. Not real tough to walk up to within 30 yards of one of them. I tell the folks in our campground not to let the kids get too close to them because they can be unpredictable. Just like elk in Yellowstone park, wild animals but don't see people as a threat. GD

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by slumlord
Landing pad for another set of balls

Chin-ball Wizard ,wasn't that a song by the Who. laugh

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Whose Who

Shouldn't that be hoose hoo?

Last edited by jaguartx; 09/15/19.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by las
Yeah - not much fence...

Originally Posted by greydog
They are wild in the sense that they are not confined but they are semi-tame in the sense that they don't recognise a threat. We have deer and elk which hang around our place and are not tame but are used to us. Not real tough to walk up to within 30 yards of one of them. I tell the folks in our campground not to let the kids get too close to them because they can be unpredictable. Just like elk in Yellowstone park, wild animals but don't see people as a threat. GD

If one can escape the influence of internet opinions, these two comments are laced with reality in the Mule Deer world. The deer shown are indeed "tame" for whatever reason/s but they are not confined by the livestock fence shown in the video.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BayouRover
Originally Posted by las
Yeah - not much fence...

If one can escape the influence of internet opinions, these two comments are laced with reality in the Mule Deer world. The deer shown are indeed "tame" for whatever reason/s but they are not confined by the livestock fence shown in the video.

THIS

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All ya have to do is feed them with camo on and they’ll get used to it...

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I first looked at this thread very early this morning after being awakened by the bull elk which was standing next to my shooting bench (about fifty yards from the house) and bugling while the rest of the herd just blundered around the yard. These were not as tame as those mule deer and wandered off when I went outside. Of course, I wasn't wearing any special camo; just a maroon bathrobe and my legs are white enough that they practically glow in the dark.
I once low-crawled through a herd to within about fifty yards of a bull. Interestingly enough, I wasn't wearing camo that time either but plaid pajamas and a t-shirt. I also had a beagle beside me. I think the elk just looked on us as objects of curiosity. The bull turned out to be too small to shoot.
The elk don't get as tame as the mule deer. The whitetails don't either but they are less jumpy than the elk. GD

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

Dad's uncle had a spot on Lake Pend Orielle ID. There was a small band of "wild" mule deer that could be hand-fed.

Regarding the original HECS video, there's plenty of places where the deer get that used to human activity. Irrigated Alfalfa fields/pastures and low/no hunting pressure will make deer and elk do things in broad daylight that you'd never think possible. Bucks and bulls that will lay <100yds off of a busy gravel road and not think twice even when you stop and glass or photograph them. Find some irrigated Alfalfa within say 20Mi any direction from Yellowstone and it'd be painfully obvious how easy and common the OP's video is for those who have access to those places.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (1234, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 160user, 1936M71, 59 invisible), 2,571 guests, and 1,207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,932
Posts18,498,700
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.