Hop To
Page 10 of 17 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Ringman

What you call "cruel puppet master" is actually an Infinitely Wise God Who cursed the universe. If you actually read the Bible carefully you would know God is no respecter of people. Age is not considered as far as the consequence of Adam's sin.

About the kids, careful study of God's Word shows God has an age when He imputes guilt. That age is twenty. Below that all souls are saved from hell. Above that they are responsible to accept God's Gift of His Son to be saved from hell.

20? That must be a great relief to many members of the Khmer Rouge.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
GB1

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
OP points out yet another example of the bullshit that passes for science, to its faithful.

You'd think the science supporters would rush to point out how great it is.

But instead the OP got 8 pages of crap bout teenagers in a garden.

Apparently, that explains bullshit science.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by xxclaro
[According to God's Word Jesus was crucified from the foundation of the world. So yes God knew it. After all, God knows what we think and do before we think and do it.

So then God must have intended it that way.

Of course! Do you think anything else is consistent with the Bible?

Well only if you read it literally, when God is constantly surprised and disappointed by what he finds humans doing.[/quote]

Show me chapter and verse where God is surprised, please.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by DBT
The story of Adam and Eve and the fall makes very little sense, except as a bronze age narrative to explain why the world is the way it is, the existence of hardship and suffering. A story borrowed from older cultures and adapted to suit the cultural and religious needs of the tribe of Israel.

What culture would predate the first man and woman? You choose to believe fairytales instead of sober history.

Says the Young Earth Creationist.

Talk about Irony.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Starman

.... The good shepherd only needs to guide the sick, lost and wayward sheep.....

So why does he let babies and children die of cancer before they have a chance to accept jesus as their saviour thereby condeming them to hell. That's one cruel puppet master.

What you call "cruel puppet master" is actually an Infinitely Wise God Who cursed the universe. If you actually read the Bible carefully you would know God is no respecter of people. Age is not considered as far as the consequence of Adam's sin.

About the kids, careful study of God's Word shows God has an age when He imputes guilt. That age is twenty. Below that all souls are saved from hell. Above that they are responsible to accept God's Gift of His Son to be saved from hell.

Why would God curse the universe if he made It?

And where in the Bible does it specify the age of 20? Are you saying that an MS-13 member is free to commit felonies if he's 19 years old?

If you are seriously asking for documentation I wrote an essay about it. I will private message it or post it here, whichever you prefer; if you say so. All MS-13 members is free to choose what he does. At age twenty God imputes guilt.

How about the short version, just give the chapter and verse that stipulates 20 years of age.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
[According to God's Word Jesus was crucified from the foundation of the world. So yes God knew it. After all, God knows what we think and do before we think and do it.

So then God must have intended it that way.

Of course! Do you think anything else is consistent with the Bible?

Well only if you read it literally, when God is constantly surprised and disappointed by what he finds humans doing.

Show me chapter and verse where God is surprised, please.
[/quote]

As early as Genesis 6. Instances all throughout the Old Testament of God becoming angry with something the people do and seeking to destroy them. You don't become angry and destroy something if you made it to perform in the manner that it does, and know full well that it's going to do it. Jeremiah 3 has a couple more instances where God thought the people would do one thing and did another. I recall one instance in the Old Testament where God once again set out to destroy the Israelites for some reason, but Moses and I believe Aaron burnt incense, and I guess that soothed him....that doesn't seem like the actions of an omnipotent and omniscient God.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
xxclaro,

You didn't show me where God was surprised. Your post reeks of anthropomorphism.

Everyday Hunter
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Fubarski
OP points out yet another example of the bullshit that passes for science, to its faithful.

You'd think the science supporters would rush to point out how great it is.

But instead the OP got 8 pages of crap bout teenagers in a garden.

Apparently, that explains bullshit science.

Nope, this is where religion discussion has led us.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
The story of Adam and Eve and the fall makes very little sense, except as a bronze age narrative to explain why the world is the way it is, the existence of hardship and suffering. A story borrowed from older cultures and adapted to suit the cultural and religious needs of the tribe of Israel.

What culture would predate the first man and woman? You choose to believe fairytales instead of sober history.

The point was that the Adam and Eve story was borrowed and adapted from older cultures, not that there was an actual Adam and Eve and Garden of Eden.

''Biblical myths are found mainly in the first 11 chapters of Genesis, the first book of the Bible. They are concerned with the creation of the world and the first man and woman, the origin of the current human condition, the primeval Deluge, the distribution of peoples, and the variation of languages. The basic stories are derived from the popular lore of the ancient Middle East; parallels can be found in the extant literature of the peoples of the area. The Mesopotamians, for instance, also knew of an earthly paradise such as Eden, and the figure of the cherubim....''

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What culture would predate the first man and woman?

Ourasphaira giraldae

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kingston
What culture would predate the first man and woman?

Ourasphaira giraldae

This ^^^^^Stumped Google and Alexa. What the?...😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We do know God was personally regretful and disappointed in what he had done.

tis a bit strange God would be effected in such way if all was going to divine plan.

Genesis 6: (KJV)

5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart
was only evil continually.
6 And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That's just one of the contradictions. Another being that Yahweh was a god of war, then a God of Love.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by DBT
That's just one of the contradictions. Another being that Yahweh was a god of war, then a God of Love.

Not so. No contradiction here at all.

A man who loved his family.... provided for them, taught them and nurtured them could be seen as a man of love.

That same man could act and be seen as a man of war if someone was harming his family. So, he is both a man of love and a man of war.

Simple, yet you cannot see that in a God context.

Last edited by TF49; 09/17/19.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Well,.....let's see. If time began as a consequence of the big bang,...it would seem to me that the age of the universe depends on where one might be in the universe. At the outer edge of the expansion it's somewhere around 1/10th of a second old. Outside of the edge of the expansion, it hasn't happened yet.

There is no "outer edge" or "outside" of the universe. Everything is inside it.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by DBT

A man who loved his family.... provided for them, taught them and nurtured them could be seen as a man of love.

That same man could act and be seen as a man of war if someone was harming his family. So, he is both a man of love and a man of war.

All humans are supposed to be 'Gods children' - human parents do not kill their wayward children unless they themselves are killers. Plus you ignore verses which say God is good to all; ''But I tell you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you''

You can't have it both ways. Cherry picking does not resolve the contraction.

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
xxclaro,

You didn't show me where God was surprised. Your post reeks of anthropomorphism.

Then what would you call it when you expect one result, but instead get a different one and get really angry about it? Maybe surprised is not the right word, but seems close enough. The point being, the God of the old Testament does not seem to be omniscient.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

All humans are supposed to be 'Gods children' - human parents do not kill their wayward children unless they themselves are killers. Plus you ignore verses which say God is good to all; ''But I tell you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you''

Nope, you’re wrong .......again.

You don’t know or understand God’s Word. You set up this notional idea that “All humans are supposed to be ‘God’s children’....”.... then knock it down. How did you come to this....supposition....?

Jesus clearly teaches otherwise and no, there is no biblical contradiction. These contradictions you “see” result from your own lack of understanding.

Nope, not ignoring verses at all.... you clearly do not understand context..... for example... to whom is Jesus speaking in the verse reference you mentioned? It makes a difference.... but, you do not see and the result is just more meaningless squawking.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

So forget the verses..... can a man be seen as a man of love and also as a man of war?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

The point was that the Adam and Eve story was borrowed and adapted from older cultures, not that there was an actual Adam and Eve and Garden of Eden.

''Biblical myths are found mainly in the first 11 chapters of Genesis, the first book of the Bible. They are concerned with the creation of the world and the first man and woman, the origin of the current human condition, the primeval Deluge, the distribution of peoples, and the variation of languages. The basic stories are derived from the popular lore of the ancient Middle East; parallels can be found in the extant literature of the peoples of the area. The Mesopotamians, for instance, also knew of an earthly paradise such as Eden, and the figure of the cherubim....''

You accept what others tell you or from reading yourself about what is not true because you don't want The Bible to be true. You can't help yourself from doing it.

Everyday Hunter
Page 10 of 17 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (1_deuce, 1minute, 007FJ, 1936M71, 1234, 63 invisible), 2,552 guests, and 1,356 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,560
Posts18,473,140
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.