Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by fredIII
Had to ask Nothing personal!

Nope, didn't take it that way at all. I wonder all the time about how many elk folks have taken when they recommend "rifles, bullets, etc" as well. Probably, like you, I grew up with the same thoughts that bullets had to be wrecking ball tough in order to kill elk, and penetrate from corner to corner on everything. My personal experience has been the bullets that expand wide and hold up to get from one side to the other are about as good as it gets. If you held a gun to my head, I really like how the Scirocco's have worked and my old favorite is still the BBC's. I have tried the ABLR's thinking they would be excellent bullets, but in the few rifles I have tried them in, they haven't been nearly as repeatable in accuracy as others. Probably half wore out my 300 RUM barrel trying to make the 210 ABLR's shoot, then on a whim I tried the 220 Scenars and I couldn't put a bad combo together with those.

Bob, that 26 is some kinda good looking buddy!

Rule Is the Pard that was most helpful in the kill get a tooth. So most are singles and I’ve given lots away.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]