Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 17 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by Ringman
Ever hear of the Sloan research and Hubble's concentric spheres of galaxies? It's called quantized red shifts.

No I didn't hear of that drivel and neither did any other legitimate scientist. So I googled it. Guess what? It comes from the Creation Science Institute.

The Creation Science Institute is a bunch of loons who say, "I want to believe something so I'll make up some evidence to support it."

Real scientists say, "I have discovered some evidence so I will put forth a theory to explain it and then test the theory by seeing if what it predicst is true."

See the difference?

Why do you think we're so dumb that we would believe stuff from the Creation Science Institute? You must be embarrassed and ashamed of your own beliefs. Otherwise you woud not try to hide the source of your wackdoodle theories.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Didn't read much about your shell thing. Sounds like a conclusion in search of a justification. Particularly when the first Google hit is Bible Science Forum. What I wrote is the way real scientists explain it.

All real scientists are creationists. That's why every year evolutionist Ph.D. scientists become creationists; not the other way around. They discover the fallacy.

I gott'a put Ringy on ignore. I actually loose IQ points when I read one of his responses.
(Got precious few to loose so gotta be judicious.)

Last edited by Sauer200; 09/18/19.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Starman
in Job, Satan encourages or talks God into allowing him to inflict calamities on the man, ..and God agrees.

christians see Satan more as an autonomous force opposed to God , rather than an agent subordinate to Gods will.

Unlike rabbinic jews , kabbalistic Jews like christians really go for the Satan thing and offer a rich and detailed
portal of evil, demons ,spirits, etc.

Satan is the symbolic personification of mans resistance or barrier in submitting to divine will.

And the Jews ripped him off from the Zoroastrians.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by DBT
That's just one of the contradictions. Another being that Yahweh was a god of war, then a God of Love.

God must be married.

He was married. Her name was Asherah.

Beneath you.

Nope.

Here's a short 5 minute primer on the subject giving both points of view:

Grasping at straws? The key phrase in this is “Canaanite cult.” Same kind of nonsense about SM posting about “pantera” as the father of Jesus.

But.... as I have said many time before, you can choose to believe it.

Bible says something like this....paraphrase: “...... they choose to believe the lie.....”

Many do.

Contrary to the Biblical claims, Judaism didn't start at the beginning of time. It grew out of the older religions of the region.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Not surprising, you're both wrong as has been demonstrated.

And there is no center of the universe. Galaxies are all moving away from each other (Hubble expansion) so wherever you are is the center of the universe, everything is moving away from that point. So if everywhere is the center there can be no center.

Ever blow soap bubbles as a kid? Imagine a bug can be on the bubble without breaking the bubble. As the bug runs along the bubble as you're blowing the bubble bigger when does he reach an edge? No matter how fast he runs.

You are going against observed astronomy. Ever hear of the Sloan research and Hubble's concentric spheres of galaxies? It's called quantized red shifts. Hubble said he didn't like it because it appeared display design. There are distinct groupings of galaxies in spheres around the Milky Way approximately 2,000,000 light yeas apart. With the Milky Way at the center we are like a pea inside a marble inside a ping pong ball inside a golf ball, etc, etc for 13 billion light years of spheres of galaxies. If the Milky Way was off center by even 0.0153% the spheres would blur together and we would not be able to see what Hubble discovered in the 1920's; and was verified in the 1970's and again in the 1990's. That is real science.

In 2002, Hawkins et al. found no evidence for redshift quantization in a sample of 1647 galaxy-quasar pairs from the 2dF Galaxy Redshift Survey:

"Given that there are almost eight times as many data points in this sample as in the previous analysis by Burbidge & Napier (2001), we must conclude that the previous detection of a periodic signal arose from the combination of noise and the effects of the window function."[28]

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
in Job, Satan encourages or talks God into allowing him to inflict calamities on the man, ..and God agrees.

christians see Satan more as an autonomous force opposed to God , rather than an agent subordinate to Gods will.

Unlike rabbinic jews , kabbalistic Jews like christians really go for the Satan thing and offer a rich and detailed

Satan is the symbolic personification of mans resistance or barrier in submitting to divine will.

Seems that many scholars believe that Zoro was born about 650 BC ..... more like likely that Zoro ripped many ideas from Judaism, not the reverse.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by DBT
That's just one of the contradictions. Another being that Yahweh was a god of war, then a God of Love.

God must be married.

He was married. Her name was Asherah.

Beneath you.

Nope.

Here's a short 5 minute primer on the subject giving both points of view:

Grasping at straws? The key phrase in this is “Canaanite cult.” Same kind of nonsense about SM posting about “pantera” as the father of Jesus.

But.... as I have said many time before, you can choose to believe it.

Bible says something like this....paraphrase: “...... they choose to believe the lie.....”

Many do.

Contrary to the Biblical claims, Judaism didn't start at the beginning of time. It grew out of the older religions of the region.

Nah....

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Seems that many scholars believe that Zoro was born about 650 BC ..... more like likely that Zoro ripped many ideas from Judaism, not the reverse.

It only counts when scientists believe something.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Your off about 14 centuries, but that's what I've come to expect from you.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The possibility a Roman soldier knocked-up Mary is too earthly and rational.

how could you get folks who believed in mighty pagan Gods to switch to something as ordinary as that?

Spice it up with mysticism and you just might have some takers.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Nope, you’re way off target. Just what I would expect for you. Take a look at Wikipedia.... Zoroastrianism does not even enter the record until 5 centuries BC.

Secular scholars are trending to the 650 BC date and the notion that he lived in1700 BC is not supported.

Edit.... https://www.britannica.com/biography/Zarathustra

Last edited by TF49; 09/18/19.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
https://www.ancient.eu/zoroaster/

Modern scholars believe that Zoroaster must have lived at some point between c. 1500 and c. 600 BCE.
The 600 BCE limit is based on the fact that the Avesta does not contain a single reference to a ruler of the Achaemenid Empire,
which was the dominant power in Persia beginning in 550 BCE. The Avesta is believed to have been composed in eastern Persia,
which is why one would expect these texts to mention an Achaemenid ruler if its composition was later than 550 BCE. The earlier
date in the range, 1500 BCE, is based on linguistic evidence found in the Avesta. This work is composed of several different texts
and one of these texts, the Yasna, is considered to be the oldest of the Avestan texts. Its language is Old Avestan (sometimes called
Gathic Avestan), which is grammatically comparable to the language of the Indian text known as Rig Veda, since the languages of
Persia and India belong to the same language family (the Indo-European Languages family). It is therefore believed that the Rig Veda
and the Avesta are about the same age, dating to c. 1500 BCE. The range of speculation for Zoroaster’s life is wide. Saying that he
lived in around 1000 BCE, give or take a century or so, is an estimation that would be acceptable to most scholars.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/zoroastrian/history/zoroaster_1.shtml

Zoroastrianism was founded by the Prophet Zoroaster (or Zarathustra) in ancient Iran approximately 3500 years ago.
The precise date of the founding of Zoroastrianism is uncertain. An approximate date of 1200-1500 BCE has been established through
archaeological evidence and linguistic comparisons with the Hindu text, the Rig Veda.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
https://www.ancient.eu/zoroaster/

Modern scholars believe that ....

The Avesta is believed to have been ...

one would expect ....

This work is composed of several different texts ....

and one of these texts, is considered to be ...

which is grammatically comparable ....

It is therefore believed that ....

The range of speculation ....

Saying that he lived..... is an estimation that would be acceptable to most scholars.

Ya know,

If ya cut out alla the bullshit, that makes a lotta sense.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Nope, you’re way off target. Just what I would expect for you. Take a look at Wikipedia.... Zoroastrianism does not even enter the record until 5 centuries BC.

Secular scholars are trending to the 650 BC date and the notion that he lived in1700 BC is not supported.

Edit.... https://www.britannica.com/biography/Zarathustra

It's considered the oldest Monotheistic religion, and like Judaism, likely had it's roots in older polytheistic religions of the area.
https://www.history.com/topics/religion/zoroastrianism

As for the legends of Zoroaster himself, considering the range of claims considering when and where he was born, I consider it unlikely he existed as a discrete individual, but Satan was borrowed from the Zoroastrians during the first diaspora in Babylon, we have the evidence of how their text evolved during and after their stay.

There's been many rewrites and evolution during the 2500 years of your religion, and even more if you include the history of it's predecessors that lead up to it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fubarski

As long as your feeble mind finds comfort with talkings snakes , virgin births, walking on water and corpses coming to life
and disappeariing into the clouds ...

one night you will see Santa fly across the sky and come down your chimney, you just have to believe it enough.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This thing has a long, long way to go before it catches up with that "Comey" thread.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

As long as your feeble mind finds comfort with talkings snakes , virgin births, walking on water and corpses coming to life
and disappeariing into the clouds ...

Never claimed ta believe any a that.

Truth is, if any of the "scientific" bullshit you true believers post actually made any sense, you wouldn't hafta try and discredit theology in support of it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So you consider christian beliefs wacky?

..you wouldn't hafta try and discredit theology in support of it.

I prefer to call it scrutinising mythology.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mom made me a cape so I could play Zorro, that's all I know about it. The other side was red for days I felt like being Superman.

[Linked Image from zorro.com]

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I think if scientologists had any beliefs that didn't rely on faith, they could post em and support em, without havin ta denigrate theology as bein illogical.

Tryin ta argue that somethin else may make less sense, doesn't prove that what you have faith in, makes sense.

Page 13 of 17 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

619 members (1beaver_shooter, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 160user, 1lessdog, 53 invisible), 2,409 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,832
Posts18,478,014
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.