-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’ve had a couple...The last was for possible cancer that a surgeon was 80% sure was cancer. This before a biopsy was even performed. A lot of stress for 2 weeks for my wife before the biopsy test results showed benign...Cut the tumor off my ankle and done.

Charlie, hope everything turns out right. You’re a Fire treasure...Same for you too, Ace. Good luck with your back issues. Back problems suck! 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I did one a couple years ago, I couldve swore I heard sparrows chirping inside the whole room. Kind of like when youre at Lowes and sparrows are rat-fûcking the stored bird seed.

Turns out it was just the Marinol and Remeron they had me on..Haha

I really think the chirping was the cooling system for that beast. IDFK, maybe I was really trippin hard. 😄😄

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I’ve had a half dozen or more now between two back surgeries and other issues. The two I had in a very tight tube got uncomfortable. If you touch the sides as I do in the tube type they heat you up. They had to stop and let my sides cool down where they touched. That tube machine was also the loudest ! Beats the hell out of a CAT scan with contrast ! The contrast burns and instant vomiting !

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Had a MRI just a couple weeks ago. Had headphones on with '60s music playing but darned if I heard much of it for all the different loud noises and shaking and vibrating the machine made that drowned it out. It was quite a snug fit once inside too.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Beaver10
I’ve had a couple...The last was for possible cancer that a surgeon was 80% sure was cancer. This before a biopsy was even performed. A lot of stress for 2 weeks for my wife before the biopsy test results showed benign...Cut the tumor off my ankle and done.

Charlie, hope everything turns out right. You’re a Fire treasure...Same for you too, Ace. Good luck with your back issues. Back problems suck! 😎

Thanks Beaver!......I’m sure glad that your doctor was wrong. I’d have been inclined to bitch slap him for such an irresponsible diagnosis without all the information.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
I’ve had a half dozen or more now between two back surgeries and other issues. The two I had in a very tight tube got uncomfortable. If you touch the sides as I do in the tube type they heat you up. They had to stop and let my sides cool down where they touched. That tube machine was also the loudest ! Beats the hell out of a CAT scan with contrast ! The contrast burns and instant vomiting !

Dave, I’ve had the contrast also but it didn’t make me sick. I wonder if you’re allergic to the contrast.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by Daveinjax

Dave, I’ve had the contrast also but it didn’t make me sick. I wonder if you’re allergic to the contrast.

I had a CT (with contrast) on my neck a few years ago and my doc thought she could see a blurb on my lung so she had me come back the next day for a different view.

The following day I woke up with a rash from head to toe.

It seems that I can tolerate a normal dose of contrast but the second dose was too much.

Contrast is now the only allergy listed on my medical records.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've had 7 or 8 MRIs over the last few years, mostly tracking to see if I have additional or progressing lesions on my spine and brain. I'm sure I'll have at least one more before the end of the year. Being stationary for 45 minutes or so without moving anything just about drives me nuts, especially the last 5 - 10 minutes - it just plain hurts. Also have tinnitus, so the noise of the machine makes it go crazy.

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I've had a few. Once I was at the hospital waiting to get one and the guy in it took a fit,...couldn't stand being in there and they had to get him out.

I've since learned that lots of people can't stand feeling enclosed in one.

I don't feel enclosed if the top and bottom is open,..as it is in an MRI machine.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The tech that administered mine today told me she has a couple of tap outs every day.

IC B3

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I tapped out on my first.....had some in an open one and they went ok....good luck!

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Just put some ear plugs in and close your eyes. They'll probably give you some ear plugs.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Practice for it- - - - -crawl inside a corrugated metal drain pipe and have several of your buddies beat on it with sledgehammers for a few minutes.

The last one I had was after I dumped a Honda Gold Wing at 60 MPH and got it on top of me on the way down. They checked me out nose to toes, and found a bunch of broken bones, but no other serious injuries. The E.R. doc in Fayetteville Tennessee was a good one- - - - -just finished two tours as a combat medic in the sand box! Vanderbilt University Hospital trauma center, on the other hand, is a butcher shop! I've seen MASH units that were cleaner and better-managed!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Last time I was in for a MRI the technician was this raging homosexual with purple hair, manicured nails, a disturbingly effeminate persona and even the stereotypical lisp. I'm pretty claustrophobic to begin with and wasn't happy to be there to begin with, and this 'guy' was treating me likeI was a potential boyfriend and was a lot more touchy than what I consider to be acceptable. Anyway, he explains the procedure including words about how if it became unbearable and I needed to stop the procedure to verbalize same and in short order the machine would be shut down and I'd be taken out of the unit. Well, a few minutes go by and he's on the speaker telling me I'm doing great and we're half way through or whatever but adds the word 'sweetie' or something in addressing me. With that I clench my fists and start a hushed tirade, talking about, "how dare this fugginn ***got call me sweetie? I'm tired of this modern day pansy ass, obscene, revolting acceptance booshat. God forgive me but back in the day when there was still some semblance of standards as far as not always blasting your sexual preference into the face of every human you meet in the world and if you'd have called me or most any of the boys I grew up with, your lisp would've gotten much worse with missing teeth! I started to continue. "Why, I ..."

All of a sudden, from the speakers comes, "Uh, sir, you do realize that in order for me to hear you while inside the unit and know whether you're OK or not and might want to end the procedure, there's a live microphone in the unit, right?"

First came a feeling of horror, then came the giggles. "Of course I knew that, Sweetie!" is what I said.

Good times.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I can’t imagine anyone, except maybe your wonderful bride, calling you “Sweetie”—least of all an MRI technician! LMAO! What I’d pay to have been a fly on that wall!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm guessing he wasn't so "touchy" after your MRI Leighton? wink

Oh, I've had numerous, can't remember how many. Had to get one every year or so, either that or sonogram, on my kidney for a spot they noticed while checking out my back. Good thing they found it, as after 11 years or so the "spot" doubled in size and was determined to be renal cell carcinoma. Also had them for two severely torn rotator cuffs, and a few on my back to determine I have progressively worsening stenosis and a couple of bulged discs. Maybe one on a knee too?

Fortunately, I'm easy for them to deal with. Not claustrophobic, can nearly fall asleep if they provide good hearing protection....................I only wish they would do it with nitrous............I love that stuff!

Hope all turns out well for everyone getting one recently, in the past or in the near future.

Modern technology sure saved my ass.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Last time I was in for a MRI the technician was this raging homosexual with purple hair, manicured nails, a disturbingly effeminate persona and even the stereotypical lisp. I'm pretty claustrophobic to begin with and wasn't happy to be there to begin with, and this 'guy' was treating me likeI was a potential boyfriend and was a lot more touchy than what I consider to be acceptable. Anyway, he explains the procedure including words about how if it became unbearable and I needed to stop the procedure to verbalize same and in short order the machine would be shut down and I'd be taken out of the unit. Well, a few minutes go by and he's on the speaker telling me I'm doing great and we're half way through or whatever but adds the word 'sweetie' or something in addressing me. With that I clench my fists and start a hushed tirade, talking about, "how dare this fugginn ***got call me sweetie? I'm tired of this modern day pansy ass, obscene, revolting acceptance booshat. God forgive me but back in the day when there was still some semblance of standards as far as not always blasting your sexual preference into the face of every human you meet in the world and if you'd have called me or most any of the boys I grew up with, your lisp would've gotten much worse with missing teeth! I started to continue. "Why, I ..."

All of a sudden, from the speakers comes, "Uh, sir, you do realize that in order for me to hear you while inside the unit and know whether you're OK or not and might want to end the procedure, there's a live microphone in the unit, right?"

First came a feeling of horror, then came the giggles. "Of course I knew that, Sweetie!" is what I said.

Good times.

It's like we live in two different countries Gari........Our hospital has a mobile imaging unit that comes twice a week.

The tech that handled my visit was 23-24 years old......about 5'4"....cute as a button.....and very very pregnant.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Them's the good ones FG.

You can tell they did it once (unless their name is Mary maybe)

And maybe they'd enjoy doing it again.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by kingston
I can’t imagine anyone, except maybe your wonderful bride, calling you “Sweetie”—least of all an MRI technician! LMAO! What I’d pay to have been a fly on that wall!

I take it you haven't seen me busting the kimono (not the standard petite size, mind you) and working my geisha routine?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No Sweetie, I haven’t! 😂😂😂

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (257Bob, 21, 160user, 257 roberts, 1lessdog, 1_deuce, 52 invisible), 2,580 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,368
Posts18,527,313
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.