-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I sold mine ,didn’t wear it, couldn’t wear it. I got $90. For it.

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Couldn't afford one and neither could my parents. Didn't care anyway. Mom told me she would pay for a year book in my senior year, but that didn't happen either.

I do have my wedding ring though. I never wear it because it's too dangerous in the stone yard. I value my fingers. Plus, that thing would only last about a week around here. I tell my guys not to wear any rings or watches. One time one of our guys, who always wore a ring, comes running inside frantic. A piece of flagstone fell on his ring finger and bent the ring flat on his finger. His finger was turning blue. So I cut it with a pair of bolt cutters and me and another guy spread it apart with pliers. I had one side and he had the other. That was the last time I ever saw any of my guys wear a ring to work.

I will only wear my wedding ring on special occasions. I haven't worn it in years. A couple of weeks ago my son got married so I put it on. The damn thing was so tight it was cutting off the circulation in my finger. Then I couldn't get it off. My wife stood there and laughed at me as I was freaking out running my hand under cold water with soap. She said that maybe I should lose a few pounds.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Stupid schitt...
That dont mean a fugging thing for the rest of life.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
She wrap it up in thread and fingernail polish or did she already have big hands? 😄

My high school girlfriend did that thread/polish thing so it'd fit her slender finger. I rarely wore it, she did unless we'd broke up again, but it was a nice looking ring. My birthstone is amethyst and I thought that stone would look ghey so I got an onyx set in stainless steel. A football player with my number on it on one side, the mascot Wolves on the other. Looked cool.

I once had a roommate for a few weeks. I was helping him get his feet on the ground and the fugger ended up stealing a bunch of my stuff, including my class ring. He stole a car and hid out in Pennsylvania for years. Fast forward again. Years later my uncle died and at the funeral were the parents of my ex roommate from years ago. After the service they came up to me and handed me the class ring their felon son had stolen from me years ago. He had taken a hack saw to it because it wouldn't fit his fat fingers, but I got it back.

The End

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Now that this thread triggered a "quaint" memory .
I went and dug this little gem outta a german beer stien on the mancave mantle.
My grandfather whacked a waffen ss panther tank commander standing up in his hatch outside of Amblieve Belgium during the battle of the bulge.

Much more valuable to me than some stupid high school ring.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by renegade50; 09/20/19.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by renegade50
My grandfather whacked a waffen ss panther tank commander standing up in his hatch outside of Amblieve Belgium during the battle of the bulge.

[Linked Image]

Now you're just showing off.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by 19352012

[Linked Image]

Now you're just showing off.

Yup....... grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

[Linked Image]

Badass!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Any still have your school ring? I left mine at the sink in the shop room, gone when I was a junior.

Gave it to girlfriend and never saw it again.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I lost mine in a cave.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Still have mine
Haven't worn it since graduation, looks like new
Graduated in 1964--

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Have no idea where mine might be. Hell, that was 58 years ago!

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I still have mine from 1975. I broke the original one working in my Dad's store and the outfit that sold them replaced it.
I couldn't wear it during my Senior year as my hands were always swollen from playing football.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Pawned it for gas money my freshman year of college.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Bought the biggest gold class ring I could get. Years later I sold it at a dang good profit!

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Hooch maid stole mine and my watch the last day in my unit leaving RVN.

Jim
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never got one. The folks told me I could have the ring, or the money it would have cost. I used the money to buy two dozen traps.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Never owned one. No yearbooks. If I'd had my way, there would have been no Senior Pics either. Total waste of money. But Dad threatened to beat me half to death if I did not get in for retakes on the photos.

Originally Posted by hookeye
Only jewelry a man should own...........watch and wedding ring.

One item in excess. Any ring is an invitation for a working man to lose a finger, or a hand.

Wife and I each have our wedding rings tattooed on our fingers. 😳. Not for the newlyweds mind you.

Within a month caught my wedding ring on a screw and came damn close to skinning my finger. Wedding ring came off never wore it again as it was now a bit oblong and torn a bit where the screw caught it.

I like the tattoo, but as said it’s not for everybody. Tis only tat I have, liked to ask the kids, you think it makes me look like a biker ? 🤦🏼‍♂️😂

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Never got one.
In high school I was busy fixing up a car, and rings were pretty expensive. I figured I'd rather spend the money on paint and chrome.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Never owned one. No yearbooks. If I'd had my way, there would have been no Senior Pics either. Total waste of money. But Dad threatened to beat me half to death if I did not get in for retakes on the photos.

Originally Posted by hookeye
Only jewelry a man should own...........watch and wedding ring.

One item in excess. Any ring is an invitation for a working man to lose a finger, or a hand.

Wife and I each have our wedding rings tattooed on our fingers. 😳. Not for the newlyweds mind you.

Within a month caught my wedding ring on a screw and came damn close to skinning my finger. Wedding ring came off never wore it again as it was now a bit oblong and torn a bit where the screw caught it.

I like the tattoo, but as said it’s not for everybody. Tis only tat I have, liked to ask the kids, you think it makes me look like a biker ? 🤦🏼‍♂️😂

Degloving injuries are pretty ugly.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (1936M71, 1lessdog, 257Bob, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 1234, 61 invisible), 2,163 guests, and 1,168 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,663
Posts18,493,629
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.