Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Any still have your school ring? I left mine at the sink in the shop room, gone when I was a junior.

I sat mine on my bedroom dresser and that’s where it stayed for the last 40 years. Never wore it, never wanted to get my finger tore off.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wore my HS class ring (1970) for maybe a couple weeks then started work in construction. Graduated college and was working at a chemical manufacturing plant when we married in 1976 - my bride's father worked as a welder/steam fitter and recommended I not wear my wedding ring at work (I did climb steel frequently) for many of the reasons previously mentioned above. I wear my wedding ring more frequently since I have retired, but not on a regular basis or every day. Found my HS class ring last year (after about 40 years of thinking I had lost it) while cleaning out a drawer, it doesn't fit anymore so back in the drawer it went.

BTW - never could wear a wind up or self-winding wrist watch, something to do with my body chemistry/electrical system made them quit working . . . Always had a pocket watch, though.

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Folks got me a Bulova Carravelle watch when I was in high school. It folded up within a week. Took it back. Jeweler replaced it. Lasted less than a week. He said that it was due to my body electricity. Got something different.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Still have mine 1963, well the second one, girlfriend lost the first one, bought me a new one, cost $35 back then.
Didn't wear it much, looks brand new.
Bought a college one when I graduated, Fraternity letters on the stone, gave it to my girl friend who I married 52 years ago. She still has it.
Went back to college for another degree in Education, after 31 years retired, my Josten saleman gave me my second college ring that I've worn for the past 16 years. Get's lots of looks as the graduation year of 1970 stands out pretty good. Sort of gives your age away.
My wedding ring that's 52 years old would have to be cut off, it's almost part of my finger.
Don 't wear a watch, so I guess I just have the two pieces of jewelry.
I'd rather wear a glass ring than an ear ring, those just don't look right on a man.

"The older I get, the better I was"
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 1OntarioJim, 10ring1, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 74 invisible), 2,340 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,714
Posts18,494,515
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.