-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What were the "odds" that The Whining CLUELESS Fhuqks went right to Whining and know better than to TRY and "talk" boolits. Congratulations?!?

Pardon Facts and Physics,upsetting your Imaginations and Pretend,so very reliably. hint.

Bless your heart for trying though.

Hint.

Laughing!..............................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
HR IC

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
Of course they do. The number one thing you can do to ensure a non-dangerous game animal goes down quickly and is easy to find if it runs at all is produce a large exit wound with an expanded projectile. The way you ensure your expanded projectile exits is sectional density - really expanded sectional density, but since expansion ratios are at least close to constant the un-expanded sectional density and weight retention is a good proxy.

This is why .270 is so weak in terms of terminal performance on large game.

A bullet that doesn't exit on anything but a straight on shot is a bullet failure.

Originally Posted by Trystan
Originally Posted by hh4whiskey

TSXs have been raping sectional density worshippers for years, due to good bullet design.

I beg to differ! A ttx with a sectional density of .320 traveling at 2800 fps will penetrate much further than a TTX with a sectional density of .225 traveling at 2800 fps both bullets weighing 180 grains.

In fact, the ttx is an excellent example of expressing the usefulness of high sectional density

Trystan

Same water supply?

T
Trystan Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Big Stick
What were the "odds" that The Whining CLUELESS Fhuqks went right to Whining and know better than to TRY and "talk" boolits. Congratulations?!?

Pardon Facts and Physics,upsetting your Imaginations and Pretend,so very reliably. hint.

Hint.

The 147 eld, 180 eld, 225 eld are all high sectional density bullets. Please feel free to extoll there virtues "AGAIN" because high sectional density and BC tend to coincide though it don't not mean schit?????....You have reliably circled the wagons and the pilgrims are in deep trouble! Keep on charging hard and don't let up you've got em cornered....Lol πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜‚

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Hint.

The 147 eld, 180 eld, 225 eld are all high sectional density bullets. Please feel free to extoll there virtues "AGAIN" because high sectional density and BC tend to coincide though it don't not mean schit?????....You have reliably circled the wagons and the pilgrims are in deep trouble! Keep on charging hard and don't let up you've got em cornered....Lol πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜‚

I’m not as hard corps as Stick and have only hammered a few deer with the 147 ELD from the Creed but that 225 would carry some darned mail in a 300.

Semper Fi
T
Trystan Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by beretzs

Hint.

I’m not as hard corps as Stick and have only hammered a few deer with the 147 ELD from the Creed but that 225 would carry some darned mail in a 300.

I've shot more 147s at targets with my 6.5 swede than anything else but when it comes time to hunt I've only used the 130 accubond. The 130 accubond has worked so damn well I haven't been able to get myself to change. I agree the 225 would carry some mail though I've only ever used the 208 due to 10 twist barrels

Trystan

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Hint.

Trystain,

Please feel free to cite where I mentioned those projectiles in this discussion and mused their SD "values" as "virtues" anywhere/any time. It will be FUNNIER than fhuqk,if you try,mainly because it ain't ever happened. Hint. Congratulations?!?

"There" is obviously too "big" of a word for you. What do you "do" for a "living",given your rather AMAZING Stupidity? Hint.

In "fairness" however,I've shot every projectile cited and in more than one chambering,though luckily for you Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute" ...you "lucky" kchunt. 'Course,I've shot more than a "few" others too. Hint.

As of this moment,I don't know of a Moose greater than 65.5" that was 147'd ala Kreedmire'd this Season. Suplizingly,only (1) All Time Book Sheep too,but more than a few Grizzlies thus far,all one and done. Ain't as many gents squirtin' .284" 180 ELD's,if only because there ain't too many S/A's equipped to handle same. Cain't know anyone who's gunning a Turdy caliber,exceptin' myself(I've more than a few) and the 225 ELD ain't much to get giddy about. 1-10" in '06 or greater capacity,stabilizes same just fine. Now you can say you've read about it. Hint. Laughing!

Your perpetual Dumbfhuqktitude never disappoints,in it's Magnificent Grandeur and it's always a hoot to be "regaled" by a Brokedick Retarded Fhuqk trying to "talk" about wares welllllll beyond her "means","abilities" and "comprehension".

Pardon my shooting it all and then some. Hint.

Bless your heart for TRYING though.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..........................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
LOL....

Let’s go pure simpleton on this:

two bullets of the same weight/caliber will have the exact same SD, and two bullets of the same weight/caliber can have vastly different SDs once they hit something, regardless of shape, simply because of the simpleton math behind SD. The one with the most aerodynamic shape at the same weight/caliber will have a much higher BC AND the same SD.....therefore, worshipping SD is going full retard, when a mere change in bullet shape can kick its ass by it’s own math. Worshipping BC unless one needs a round nosed bullet, makes far more sense......and bears out if you go shoot stuff regularly......

Last edited by hh4whiskey; 09/22/19.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Jesus Christ, what is SD??? That was 80’s I believe.... the last thought on killin... πŸ˜‚

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
LOL....

two bullets of the same weight/caliber will have the exact same SD, regardless of shape, simply because of the simpleton math behind SD. The one with the most aerodynamic shape at the same weight/caliber will have a much higher BC AND the same SD.....therefore, worshipping SD is going full retard, when a mere change in bullet shape can kick its ass by it’s own math.

Not to mention bullet construction, which affects penetration.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Pure simpleton meet Full retard...

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B3

T
Trystan Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by WhelenAway
LOL....

two bullets of the same weight/caliber will have the exact same SD, regardless of shape, simply because of the simpleton math behind SD. The one with the most aerodynamic shape at the same weight/caliber will have a much higher BC AND the same SD.....therefore, worshipping SD is going full retard, when a mere change in bullet shape can kick its ass by it’s own math.

Not to mention bullet construction, which affects penetration.

Bullets that are constructed longer generally penetrate further than bullets that are constructed shorter given they are bullets of equal construction yet unequally constructed in length........lol

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Those who can’t do ........”teach”

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
constructed longer, constructed shorter, equally constructed, unequally constructed? Wow.

Again, ifs and buts, candy and nuts..... and SD by itself is nonsense. SD NOT by itself, is next to meaningless compared to everything else, combined.....construction, velocity, BC, material, target, etc.

Another good one for those challenged by common sense.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ummm, the sectional density changes drastically once the bullet makes impact...... measure that.... hahahahaha

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is β€œgood” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
T
Trystan Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by irfubar
Ummm, the sectional density changes drastically once the bullet makes impact...... measure that.... hahahahaha

Kinda hard to do with a high sectional density bullet given they penetrate every time! I'm sure hh4whiskey has measured lots of his bullets 😁

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H

Kinda hard to do with a high sectional density bullet given they penetrate every time! I'm sure hh4whiskey has measured lots of his bullets 😁

I’m sure you’ve measured less.

Then again, since everything else is equal, they measure the same, anyway. LOL

T
Trystan Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T

I’m sure you’ve measured less.

Then again, since everything else is equal, they measure the same, anyway. LOL

I almost spit my coffee out when I read that 😁

Everything is equal when they both put what we are shooting at in the freezer

Trystan

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S.D. is just one factor affecting penetration.

Other factors include expansion rate, amount of deformation, total frontal area, rate of weight loss and retained weight - all of which are dependent on bullet construction, impact velocity and physical characteristics of the material being impacted.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Who give a [bleep]?

Shoot them through the lungs, end of story.

Sheesh.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn LabΓ© SkΓ½la~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Um. Dead animal = bullet that did not fail. By definition.

Well that's the stupidest thing I've seen all week laugh

Nearly every wounded animal ends up a dead animal EVENTUALLY. That doesn't mean an adequately deep and wide wound was delivered to ensure a humane and timely kill with the animal near the location it was shot and a sizable blood trail to follow if it moves..

A bullet success is a bullet that a) expands and b) has the capability to penetrate the thickness of the animal and exit, including breaking skeletal bones if need be, on a side or quartering shot.

It's entirely possible to have an animal drop quickly from a total bullet failure IF you get lucky. Is you plan to count on luck?

Considering I shot professionally for fifteen years and the one thing I did not want was a projectile exiting the kangaroos head and hitting stock I would suggest you are wrong, and the fifty plus thousand kangaroos I shot would disagree with you also.

In point of fact I have a bunch of 120 grain TTSX for use in my 7x64 on deer and I don't really care if they don't go through the animals, so long as they kill them and allow me to use the meat.

That said, were I to hunt those big bears you have there I would be inclined to go with a M2 and a half dozen belts of link and hope for as much penetration as I could get.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (17CalFan, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 75 invisible), 2,333 guests, and 1,444 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,678
Posts18,493,839
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.