-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I know nothing about politics in Canada or Ontario but I have to say it's the cleanest place I've ever seen. I went downtown in Toronto to a supposedly world famous guitar shop and picked up an acoustic. Also went with some of the crew to the Canadian National Fair at the lakeshore downtown and saw Reba McIntyre and Brooks and Dun were her warm up band. NEVER saw a piece litter anywhere! Same with my travels to and from the lakes and lodges I stayed and fished at! And best of all, when driving the country highways folks everywhere waved and acted like we were family going by! Ontario might just be my favorite place in the world (after Alaska of course)!

Proper prior practice prevents piss poor performance!
GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
I'm glad that they keep the place tidy. You've probably spent more time there than I ever did. I told my wife that the next time I go to Toronto it will be to collect my lottery winnings. laugh Needless to say, I doubt I will ever go back. I don't like cities.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
OH sorry for getting so far off the topic Steve! Anyway I hate cities also but I'm stuck in one again. I do hope you get to go to collect those winnings some time! I'd sure love to hear about it!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well I prefer Beggar in Chief since Tory always has his hand out wanting the rest of us to pay for the things he will not raise taxes for. He wants all the jobs and development in his city but abhors the idea of having to pay for its infrastructure.

Jim

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by GhettoSportman
OH sorry for getting so far off the topic Steve! Anyway I hate cities also but I'm stuck in one again. I do hope you get to go to collect those winnings some time! I'd sure love to hear about it!

N problem. Few threads on this board stay on topic. laugh I hope you're right about the lottery!

Originally Posted by 1OntarioJim
Well I prefer Beggar in Chief since Tory always has his hand out wanting the rest of us to pay for the things he will not raise taxes for. He wants all the jobs and development in his city but abhors the idea of having to pay for its infrastructure.

Jim

Toronto always has their hands out, expecting others to pay for their expenses. I guess that's what big cities do.
---

Well, I took out a handful of cartridges for the initial firing of the 69 gr. Sierras. The Max OAL for this bullet is 3.050 inches. I decided since I was short on time, I would load up five cartridges of each in six powders. OAL was 2.29 inches. Hardly a fair comparison, but that will get me down the road and eliminate the so-so powders.

From best to worst with pix. Shot at 100 yd. No velocities, just a quick peek.

1. IMR 8208 - 0.49 inches
2. B'mark - 0.710 inches
3. Varget - 0.82 inches* (1.27 inches)
4. Re 15 - 1.05 inches
5. CFE 223 - 1.95 inches
6. H322 - 2.23 inches

* This was grouping well until one of the locals quietly walked up behind me and yelled, "Great shot!" Had I seen him, I would not have attempted the last shot. He's a jerk that way. I will shoot this again.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]...[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]...[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]...[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Thanks! I've been hearing a lot about 8208! May have to give it a try!

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
That powder made the short list. It's an excellent choice.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

54 members (14idaho, 3dtestify, 6mmCreedmoor, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 10 invisible), 1,665 guests, and 763 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,726
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.