Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
So, a neighbor baiting on his land limits where you can hunt on your land? Well, that's some stupid chit right there. Good luck eastern dudes.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Ejp1234
Originally Posted by mathman
I was addressing the is it your business part.

Let freedom ring!!

For a site full of overly outspoken (often rather ridiculous) conservatives...

This thread is classic...

So, it's not Party B's business if Party A's actions affect Party B's use of what's theirs?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Why not just talk to the guy? Tell him to clean it up or you're going to have a little talk with the local CO.
Act like a man not a snotty kid.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E

Let freedom ring!!

So, it's not Party B's business if Party A's actions affect Party B's use of what's theirs?

Party B sounds like a pu$$... be a man, go talk to them.

And if Party A is that close to the line that its making Party B mad, and as well affecting Party B... sounds like Party B needs more land to hunt than too.

Like the other poster... old ladies bickering at the bridge club...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You guys are wasting time and money putting mothballs, deodorant and wind chimes out. The only thing that is gonna keep deer out of a corn pile is a bullet.

If you are not gonna call the law, or if the bubba game warden isnt gonna do anything about it, you are just running you blood pressure up getting spooled up over it.

Just my 2 cents.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

Let freedom ring!!

And if Party A is that close to the line that its making Party B mad, and as well affecting Party B... sounds like Party B needs more land to hunt than too.

Different point.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I remember a story that was set in some far-eastern market place. There was a vendor who had a pot of soup cooking from which he would fill the bowls of customers. I poor man wandered along with a small loaf of bread. Wanting to soften the bread and perhaps enhance its bland flavor a bit, he held it in the steam emanating from the soup. Upon noticing this, the vendor of the soup demanded payment from the man, who declined to do so. A wise man was asked to mediate the dispute. He ordered the man with the bread to take the two small coins that he possessed and drop them on the ground. He then handed them back to the man and explained to the soup vendor that the soup of the coins was ample payment for the steam from his soup.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
The same situation happened a few years ago- - - - -one farm got leased to out of state "hunters" who (illegaly) baited all along a fencerow that seriously limited the adjoining neighbor's hunting territory. Funny thing- - - - -the people who built several fancy deer stands in range of those bait piles chose the wrong trees to build against- - - - -they all fell down a few days before the centerfire season opened. Somebody claimed they heard a chain saw running late at night, but most of us in the neighborhood have a medical condition that interferes with hearing and seeing some things!
Jerry

Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Nobody should be hunting on 1 acre..

I think I'd concentrate my efforts into logging and photographing what's going on and then lead the effort to get a local ordinance that makes it illegal to hunt on any tract under 10 acres.

Lots of counties down here have those minimums for hunting or shooting.

Actually glad to be from Pa, for a change.

1, people here are smart enough to not need to hear, or see,
a tree fall! to be able to tell it was cut!

2 Our landowner rights laws suck.
But, at least they are not so bad that they pass antihunting laws
that keep you from hunting your own property. Safety Zone laws
State no firearms hunting within 150 yards of occupied buildings.
That does not apply to the owner, or someone with permission.

I have never hunted on such a small plot.
But, usually I'm only hunting an acre or two, max.
Can't see anymore.

Baiting is illegal, and fiercely enforced. In this CWD area, feeding deer is completely illegal.

And that pile would interfere with a neighbor. A phone call would help the OP,
And get the baited in a bunch of trouble.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem
Why not just talk to the guy? Tell him to clean it up or you're going to have a little talk with the local CO.
Act like a man not a snotty kid.

Good on you to infer wrongly that i never did have a chat with him over this.

Here in pa theres no set legal distance from bait to be considered legal, just a wardens opinion if you are taking advantage of it. So i already am not hunting on my ground anywhere near that area and that is a part where i have killed alot of deer. So yes his actions did affect me, hence my reaction.

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M

Let freedom ring!!

Go fugg yourself!!!! You spend a pile of money on a property and making improvements to it and have a jagg off mess with your use of it then come talk to me!

IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
I not a call johnny law type of person. Hopefully he will get the not so subtle hint and not pull this sheit again!!

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by marktheshark

Let freedom ring!!

Go fugg yourself!!!! You spend a pile of money on a property and making improvements to it and have a jagg off mess with your use of it then come talk to me!

Its called EIQ, your lacking it.

I still dont see how he’s messing with you, hes on his own land?

PS - I got the land thing checked off 10 fold, enough that I dont worry about someone with “1acre”... but I apparently spent more than you, because I can get well far enough away I dont have to worry about turning into an old bitty when someone hangs a treestand on their own property and puts out a corn pile.. now go read a book on EI, you’ll benefit from it.

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by marktheshark

Let freedom ring!!

Its called EIQ, your lacking it.

I still dont see how he’s messing with you, hes on his own land?

PS - I got the land thing checked off 10 fold, enough that I dont worry about someone with “1acre”... but I apparently spent more than you, because I can get well far enough away I dont have to worry about turning into an old bitty when someone hangs a treestand on their own property and puts out a corn pile.. now go read a book on EI, you’ll benefit from it.

Hey phaggot here in pa the warden can shut down any size area around the bait to hunting at his discretion for 30 days. Thats how it could effect me!!!. Also come here to SE PA and try to buy some land before u try to talk$$$ i have 38 acres i bought in peices over the years and paid ALOT of money for it!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I think that everyone, regardless of his position on this, can agree that the thread is appropriately titled.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
In this state you can’t have a stand or feed closer than 50 of property line. You can’t cross a fence to retrieve game, that’s trespassing. So, as long as he stays on his property I don’t see he is doing anything wrong.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Why can’t you put out your own big bait pile, then he couldn’t hunt within 250 yards of it????

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by hanco
In this state you can’t have a stand or feed closer than 50 of property line. You can’t cross a fence to retrieve game, that’s trespassing. So, as long as he stays on his property I don’t see he is doing anything wrong.

Read my additional posts...in pa there is no set distance from bait that makes hunting legal, its a wardens discretion as to if where you were hunting you were taking advantage of it. A warden, also at his discretion, can shut down hunting in any size area he chooses around the bait for 30 days from removal of said bait.....regardless of property lines etc.
Point of the matter is Im trying to let the guy---who just moved in this June, know his continued baiting isnt appreciated and hope he gets the not so subtle message! Dont wanna call a warden as they could shut down my hunting on part of my own land because of his bait, not to mention any retaliatory crap he might try to pull that would not end well for him and probably land me in hot water! Ive tried talking to him, but he is a relocated city folk from Jersey who has an attitude that would lead to him getting a fat lip, and Im not dealing with that!

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by hanco
Why can’t you put out your own big bait pile, then he couldn’t hunt within 250 yards of it????

This.

Retired cat herder.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Surgeons love people from Noo Joisey- - - - - -they've only got two moving parts- - - -mouth and azzole- - - - -and they're interchangeable!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Baiting illegal in the area?

Yes, Baiting is absolutely illegal in PA. Always has been.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

504 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 49 invisible), 2,276 guests, and 1,147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,510
Posts18,490,768
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.