Hop To
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
It wasn't his mission in life, but he was there when it happened, and said something to the miscreant. That's worth a 20 year prison sentence?

I don't think he was charged with, convicted of, or sentenced for "saying something." It was a little more than that, don't you think?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Originally Posted by gunner500
It wasn't his mission in life, but he was there when it happened, and said something to the miscreant. That's worth a 20 year prison sentence?

If you're going to go around confronting people you best know how to use your fists first, a chickenchit that pulls a gun and fires over getting shoved to the ground should have kept his fu-king mouth shut, remind you of any spooky popo's?

Thank you gunner. You are going to go around confronting people, EVEN IF they are illegally using the handicapped spot, and your first line of defense is pulling a gun? No, you better know how to use your fists.

Best thing to do is mind your own business and know how to regulate your mouth.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk
Originally Posted by Rooster7
IMO, the only reason the dead guy turned to walk away was because shooter guy drew his weapon.

BUT he WAS starting to walk away when he got shot. That's what makes it a bad shoot. Had dead guy turned back around and came back at shooter guy AFTER the weapon was drawn and got shot, then it would be a good shoot.

We was NOT walking away, he was facing the shooter. That's what I saw in the video. He turned and staggered away AFTER he was shot.

View this video and stop at :38. Drejka has been knocked to the ground and McGlockton has actually advanced a few steps further looming over Drejka. If the firearm had been drawn and fired immediately at that point this would have been a different case.

Now note the IMMEDIATE backing up of McGlockton as the weapon is produced. Note the spacing difference between :38 and :41 when McGlockton clearly reacts to being shot. Note that immediately prior to being shot McGlockton's right leg was blading out and left was stepping into a turn to the right.

https://www.courttv.com/title/8-5-1...eo-shows-fatal-shooting-graphic-content/

The jury saw a person clearly creating space from a weapon and was shot anyway. (though not in the back as some have suggested)

If there's one thing I've become certain of it's that there's too much certainty in the world.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by smokepole
I have no idea what he said, my point was that there are some things you can say to a man's wife or girlfriend that should earn you an ass-beating, not just a shove to the ground.
What Florida law states an earned "ass beating" for speaking to another man's woman? Which one allows a shove to the ground, for that matter?

Nice try, did I mention anything about Florida law, or say the law allows for any level of physical force? I don't believe I did.

But here's something to think about. Put yourself in the dead guy's shoes, and pretend your wife parked in the handicapped spot, just for the sake of argument.

Is there anything the shooter could say to your wife that would cause you to physically confront him?

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Bristoe
When I go to the Minit Mart, I get what I'm there for and move along. It never occurs to me to have a confrontation with someone over where they've parked.

A person can go out into the world and find an endless number of people to have a confrontation with. Generally speaking, I just don't pay any attention to those people. They're not a part of my world. They don't exist.

So, because this guy has an issue with people taking up handicapped parking spots illegally, he deserves 20 years in prison??

No.

He deserves 20 years in prison for being the poster child against concealed carry.

He's a dumbass that goes around sticking his nose in other people's business and when somebody shoves him on his ass for it, he uses it as an opportunity to kill the man.

He's a mouthy little pissant that goes around with a gun in his pocket looking for confrontations.

Fug him.

IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
When I go to the Minit Mart, I get what I'm there for and move along. It never occurs to me to have a confrontation with someone over where they've parked.

A person can go out into the world and find an endless number of people to have a confrontation with. Generally speaking, I just don't pay any attention to those people. They're not a part of my world. They don't exist.

So, because this guy has an issue with people taking up handicapped parking spots illegally, he deserves 20 years in prison??

No.

He deserves 20 years in prison for being the poster child against concealed carry.

He's a dumbass that goes around sticking his nose in other people's business and when somebody shoves him on his ass for it, he uses it as an opportunity to kill the man.

He's a mouthy little pissant that goes around with a gun in his pocket looking for confrontations.

Fug him.

Truth!

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Way I see it, the guy was obviously assaulted but it didn't warrant a shooting. There was no real threat to the guy at that point. He'd been shoved and he fell, no big deal. There are varying levels off assault....getting spit on is assault, but doesn't justify shooting. This guy was not in real danger. The guy pushed him and then maybe moved forward a bit but not real aggressively, and was turning away as the gun was pulled. I think the jury got it right.

Idiotic thing to do, getting in an unnecessary verbal confrontation with a stranger while your carrying gun. People here like to say stupid should hurt, and this time it did.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The good news if Florida is anything like Texas that 20 will be something less than 7. I’m sure the do gooders played a part in this trail. Probably afraid they might be some riots if not tried and convicted. As far as I’m concerned you can talk and argue all day long. When you put you hands on someone that changes things for the worse.
Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
self defense?

Charged with manslaughter after submitting to an interview without benefit of counsel by a Detective George Moffett, who then swore out a criminal complaint on that manslaughter charge.

A member of the Law of Self Defense community alerted me to a news story by the web site Law Enforcement Today (and confirmed by other more recognizable news sites), reporting that Detective Moffett was arrested last week for showing up to a crime scene intoxicated.

And Moffett showed up at the crime scene not just a little intoxicated, either:

[A]fter [Moffett] exited his unmarked detective unit, deputies noticed signs of impairment.

Field deputies noticed the detective smelled like alcohol, had bloodshot eyes and was slurring his speech, the Sheriff’s Office said.

As a result, deputies began a DUI investigation in tandem with the shooting investigation. Moffett performed poorly in field sobriety tests

A breath test taken several hours later indicated a blood-alcohol level of about 0.130, half-again above the 0.08 limit for driving impaired. Naturally this means that Moffett’s actual blood alcohol level at the scene was substantially greater than this measurement.

It is noteworthy that Moffett drove himself to the scene, and was armed at the time.

It is also noteworthy that Moffett has previously been convicted of DUI.

[Linked Image from ]
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Good one.

Did you get "blindsided"?

Dont shoot bro.

You've lost it.

Hahaha!

That means a lot coming from you!

I musta finally made it.......

I am MAGA.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've followed this closely and this is about the best summary of events I've seen.

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Minding ones own business is rarely the wrong thing to do.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Good one.

Did you get "blindsided"?

Dont shoot bro.

You've lost it.

Hahaha!

That means a lot coming from you!

I musta finally made it.......

Wow!

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
It looks like a bad shoot to me. I thought so at the time that it happened and still think so. I'm not surprised at the verdict.

It could have been me. If I come out of a store and find someone giving my Wife a hard time about something I'm going to interfere. I'll tear her butt up later if it was for doing something stupid like that entitled person did by being in that handicap parking spot, but someone else is not going to do it.

Seeing the whole handicap thing being abused makes me mad all over but I'm not the handicap police and its not my place to enforce those laws. Confronting others is a good way for stuff like this to happen.

Last edited by lightman; 10/11/19.

lightman
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Mike_S

Good advice, indeed. That's my modus operandi, too. Doesn't mean that someone who chooses not to ignore a miscreant, and attempts to dissuade her miscreancy, deserves 20 years, though, which is essentially what some folks here are (at least by implication) asserting, if you actually break it down, since they assert that his having "started it" is why it all went bad for him, and by "started it," they mean attempted to dissuade a miscreant from her miscreancy. In actuality, however, the only one on that scene who "started it" was the dead man.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Good advice, indeed. That's my modus operandi, too. Doesn't mean that someone who chooses not to ignore a miscreant, and attempt to dissuade his/her miscreancy, deserves 20 years, though, which is essentially what some folks here are (at least by implication) asserting......

Bullsh*t. He didn't get convicted and sentenced for "attempting to dissuade his/her miscreancy."

He was convicted and sentenced for killing the guy.

Seriously, do you not comprehend the difference?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Really doesn't matter what anyone here thinks, this guy is going to do 20 years, right or wrong

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Dead guy was turned and walking away when he was shot. You can see him hunch his shoulders when he’s got his back to the shooter.

It was a bad shoot, for a lot of reasons.

But the guy on the ground was likely dazed from slamming into the concrete, and his perceptions at that point of fine details of the position and movement of the attacker were likely not perfect, but all that is due to having been attacked by the black guy, so it's on him. It's not on the dazed victim sprawled on the concrete, desperate to save himself from being kicked to death while down (a very common mode of murder, by the way).

Your analysis would only apply if the defender hadn't already been mentally stunned by an unjustified attack, which he perceived (in a stunned state) as only the first stage in a sustained attack. Once the attack has already begun in earnest, you don't slavishly stick to the same analysis as you would if the deadly force were used to prevent the initial attack making contact. Different circumstance. Mental state is completely different at the point you're sprawled on the ground, just having made hard contact with it as a result of an illegal assault. At that point, the law doesn't necessarily require you to be thinking and perceiving on all four cylinders.

Seriously?? hr shot HIM THE BACK and you are claiming he might have been stunned? lol. The guy on the ground got his ego (in addition to his ASS) kicked, so he shot him IN THE BACK.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Good advice, indeed. That's my modus operandi, too. Doesn't mean that someone who chooses not to ignore a miscreant, and attempt to dissuade his/her miscreancy, deserves 20 years, though, which is essentially what some folks here are (at least by implication) asserting, if you actually break it down, since they assert that his having "started it" is why it all went bad for him, and by "started it," they mean attempted to dissuade a miscreant from her miscreancy. In actuality, however, the only one on that scene who "started it" was the dead man.

I doubt you would go up to a black woman and black man and start berating them for parking in a handicap spot.

I would also imagine that you would understand that such foolish folly would pretty much mean violence was to ensue.

So, either the guy who did, was woefully stupid, or looking for a fight. Either way, he has to pay for killing a person who responded as we would all expect.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by guyandarifle
There are IMO two distinctly separate things that require scrutinizing in this case.

The shooter was absolutely assaulted and there's not even any ambiguity about this observation as it's on video. After the shooter was knocked to the ground the aggressor actually continued to approach and if the person had fired at that point we possibly would have never heard of the incident because the threat of further violence would be considered real. That's not what happened though.

On seeing the assaultee produce a weapon he immediately began backing away. This is actually the best scenario for all parties. Violence is stopped, nobody is shot and the aggressor could even be charged with assault as he should be. What happened is the person fired a fatal shot anyway after the person has already retreated and is actually starting to turn away.

After watching the video I would have been nothing short of stunned for there not to have been a conviction.

I would have to say most of that is correct.

The guy had just had his bell rung hard and I would bet that he had the ability to think 100% clearly. when the guy knocked him down and continued towards him he was in a position to feel threatened and he never seen the guy attempting to back off. I'll bet my last dollar that was all he saw was a threat continuing.

I would fell different if the guy would have backed off immediately after ringing his bell but he didn't he was gonna teach that guy a lesson, unfortunatly for him the other guy was quicker than he was.

I've had my bell rung hard and had I been on that jury there's no way I would have convicted him after taking everything into consideration.

By the way things have gone in the last 10 years I would also bet that if this had been to white guys we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

514 members (12344mag, 160user, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 51 invisible), 1,957 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,755
Posts18,495,459
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.