-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Article on the incident which covers previous allegations made against Drejka.
As for their relevance to this incident, I'd say that they definitely show a pattern in his behavior. I'm no lawyer, but I figure they'd be admissible for the prosecution, and quite damaging.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Allegations against McGlockton Edit
According to Clearwater police records, McGlockton was accused of violence against his former girlfriend in 2008.[5][144] The police claimed she was pregnant at the time of the incident.[144] She denied the event turned physical and told police she did not want to prosecute.[5] She told Tampa Bay Times she was never pregnant with McGlockton's child.[144] In a separate incident five years later, McGlockton was accused of violence against his cousin during an argument over money, but she stopped cooperating with investigators.[5] McGlockton has 23 criminal charges listed with the Pinellas County Clerk's office[145] and toxicology test after the shooting returned positive for ecstasy.[146]

From Wiki... fwiw

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
As for their relevance to this incident, I'd say that they definitely show a pattern in his behavior. I'm no lawyer, but I figure they'd be admissible for the prosecution, and quite damaging.
7mm

Nope. Past similar bad acts by a defendant are not admissible. Only the facts surrounding the immediate case. Like I said, the exception would be if the black guy shot Drejka in self-defense, then asserted that he was aware of his reputation for violence related to handicap parking disputes. Once asserted, he could bring on witnesses testifying to Dreijka's reputation for violence in that context. But for prosecuting Drejka, it's inadmissible.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
7mm

Nope. Past similar bad acts by a defendant are not admissible.

They are during semtemcing, which could very well have figured into the 20 years.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
They may be inadmissible and irrelevant but, apparently, were also unnecessary for a conviction.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

Not to establish a person's character, but they may be admissible for another purpose, such as proving motive, opportunity, intent, preparation, plan, knowledge, identity, absence of mistake, or lack of accident.

The court heard his case. He lost.
He has his right to appeal.
His family should prepare for the civil case loss sure to come.

Go looking for trouble, will probably find it.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Dickhead was looking for trouble, and made it happen.

He's certainly no poster boy for CCW.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
He's certainly no poster boy for CCW.

Maybe not, but that's not the point.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Okay. As I said, I don't know. Unlike a few others who post here, I won't claim to either!
But I still stick by my impression that this guy was looking for altercations, and possibly looking for a reason to plug somebody. I find it pretty easy to believe, anyway.
As I said, I carry almost everywhere I go, as I believe all honest law abiding people should.
If McGlockton had thought that Drejka was armed, he wouldn't have shoved him.
If those two teenage punks thought Weed had a gun, he'd probably be alive now.
Knowing that there are possible negative reactions in response to your own actions is a pretty good motivation for politeness! grin
I also realize that rudeness often leads to threats that sometimes leads to violence, I always act accordingly. Don't matter if I'm packing or not.
If I'm gonna throw down on somebody, I'm gonna have a damn good reason.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Okay. As I said, I don't know. Unlike a few others who post here, I won't claim to either!
But I still stick by my impression that this guy was looking for altercations, and possibly looking for a reason to plug somebody. I find it pretty easy to believe, anyway.
As I said, I carry almost everywhere I go, as I believe all honest law abiding people should.
If McGlockton had thought that Drejka was armed, he wouldn't have shoved him.
If those two teenage punks thought Weed had a gun, he'd probably be alive now.
Knowing that there are possible negative reactions in response to your own actions is a pretty good motivation for politeness! grin
I also realize that rudeness often leads to threats that sometimes leads to violence, I always act accordingly. Don't matter if I'm packing or not.
If I'm gonna throw down on somebody, I'm gonna have a damn good reason.
7mm

Me too.
If I had presence of mind in the midst of it all I would never shoot a man retreating from me, effectually ending the fight.
20 years...
Who would earn a living for my family?

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by johnw
Someone clue me in here.
Is it illegal to shoot over a handicapped parking space? grin

It was only verbal over a handicapped car space, the shooting was over a subsequent unwarranted assault.

TRH, are you overlooking that Drejka had four prior incidents reported to police for berating or threatening people

largely questionable and subjective since;

they were cases of mere allegations...with people complaining but declining to press charges
and the complaints came from who?....people who were law breakers for illegally using handicap parking.

so... Drejka had no arrests, charges or convictions for confronting people over handicap parking.

Originally Posted by smokepole

They are during semtemcing, which could very well have figured into the 20 years.

there were no verified 'bad acts' by Drejka to warranted arrest , charges or convictions for violence.

mere Allegations of questionable substance don't stand up in court.

maybe the people complaining were over sensitive types like you, who can't handle
what others say to them.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
If you can't walk away from an insult or avoid confrontation if possible you shouldn't carry a gun.

The standard is "what would a reasonable and prudent person do in the same circumstances".

The jury reviewed the evidence in its' entirety and determined that deadly force was not justified. Anyone who can't see this as a teaching incident is living in a fantasy world. It would seem that there are a lot of neegroephobic frightened old women on here.

You must defend handicapped parking to the death!! LMFAO

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Drejkas past looks pretty clean and he was legally allowed to carry.

can't say the same for the physical assaulters CONVICTION wrap sheet..

MCGLOCKTON, MARKEIS DEON
DOB: 3/28/1990

6/25/2008 AGGRAVATED BATTERY DOMESTIC, 784.045(1)(B)/F
6/25/2008 RESISTING ARREST W/VIOLENCE, 843.01/F
6/25/2008 DISORDERLY CONDUCT, 877.03/M
5/5/2009 SALE OF COUNTERFEIT DRUGS, 893.13(1)(A)(1)/F
9/10/2010 POSSESSION OF COCAINE, 893.13(6)(A)/F
9/25/2010 POSSESSION OF CONTROLLED SUBS COCAINE, 893.13(6)(A)/F
9/25/2010 POSSESSION OF COCAINE, 893.13(6)(A)/F
9/25/2010 SALE OR DELIVERY OF COCAINE, 893.13(1)(A)(1)/F
9/25/2010 POSSESSION OF MARIJUANA, 893.13(6)(B)/M
9/21/2011 PETIT THEFT, 812.014(3)(A)/M
9/21/2011 DRIVING UNREGISTER VEHICLE *NCTC, 320.02(1)/M
9/21/2011 DWLSR *NCTC 1, 322.34(2)(A)/M

DWLSR = Driving with License Suspended or Revoked
* NCTC = Non-Cooperative Target Classification

but , but... he was just a good guy defending his law breaking woman from a threat....LOL.

she felt so threatened that she actually got out of her car and got closer to Drejka.
obviously she did not feel much if any fear,
but her clueless irrational halfwit partner felt he had to rush to her defence in such manner.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by lvmiker
If you can't walk away from an insult or avoid confrontation if possible you shouldn't carry a gun.

The standard is "what would a reasonable and prudent person do in the same circumstances".

The jury reviewed the evidence in its' entirety and determined that deadly force was not justified. Anyone who can't see this as a teaching incident is living in a fantasy world. It would seem that there are a lot of neegroephobic frightened old women on here.

You must defend handicapped parking to the death!! LMFAO

mike r

PREZACTLY !

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by local_dirt

He was minding his own business. Some Dumb phugk chkunt was illegally parking in a disabled spot... A spot he could use.

as I understand things, Drejka has a couple family members including a youngster who are in wheelchairs,
and he was constantly peeved about them often not getting a park due to azzholes who are illegally using
such designated spots....So for him the issue was a little personal/frustrating, but it was generally on good
principle that he expressed himself to such offenders.

I gather he was more of man to confront the issue rather than be like many on the campfire who put up
bitching-whining cyber posts about all the things that personally annoy them, but never bother to actually
take a proactive real world approach....because it involves personal risk..!!....and of that they are afraid.

Originally Posted by Robert_White

If I had presence of mind in the midst of it all I would never shoot a man retreating from me, effectually ending the fight.

physical offenders can behave in all sorts of ways,..in this case McGlockton did not back-off after heavily knocking down
Drejka,..instead he moved forward-inclose to threateningly tower over the man he just assaulted...if not for quick drawing
his weapon , McGlockton may well have began punching, kicking and dropping his knees into him etc, from which the victim
would be screwed/finished.

even in cases where assaulters may backoff some after knocking someone down , does not mean the offender is finished,
they can be only assessing /deciding if/when to follow up and come running in with a flying boot or something else.

With the mad ass way McGlockton initially came in, Drejka does not know if he's fuelled on drugs that may cause him
to come back in for another hard attack despite seeing the gun already...As we know some wacko attackers still can
come at you even after being shot.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
starfish makes TRH look well informed.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Starman

as I understand things, Drejka has a couple family members including a youngster who are in wheelchairs,
and he was constantly peeved about them often not getting a park due to azzholes who are illegally using
such designated spots....

Well then, the smart thing to do would be to strap on a gun and start confronting random people in parking lots, what could go wrong?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smokepole

Well then, the smart thing to do would be to strap on a gun and start confronting random people in parking lots,
what could go wrong?

So he should leave his CCW at home when addressing handicap parking offenders?

if someone pushes to front of a long line of customers , is it OK to call them out? ..or is that 'trouble making'..?

do we always need to be meek, mild and tolerant of such cases , because someone like you may take
objection to what's said and you then want beat someones ass for calling out/speaking up?

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by lvmiker
starfish makes TRH look well informed.

mike r

LOL

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Nice try slick, but I don't park in handicapped spots, cut in line, or engage people over trivial BS when I'm carrying a gun.

If you want to, I think you should.

Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (10Glocks, 2500HD, 1moredeer, 204guy, 1badf350, 257 roberts, 54 invisible), 1,862 guests, and 1,057 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,893
Posts18,497,991
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.