Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Just got back from the range.............the "Ultra Lux" is Alive and Well........
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I bought this when I was 14 years old from Cheaper than Dirt with a Chinese SKS ....scope/mount combo.

I literally haven't used it since I was 14. In the past 5 years it's been duct taped to several "nerf" guns and banged around in and out of the kids toybox. It's been dropped/dented/thrown, etc by my two young boys.

Granted after mounting it was hitting about 3 feet high and 1 ft left at 20 yards...............the sucker actually adjusted to a zero at 27 yds and shot this nice little cluster.

Nobody cares about glass anyway.................My offer still stands Boomer wink

Through the Konusspot "spotter".........

I tested a VX Freedom 3-9x40 Rimfire MOA while I was at it...............Other than Glass quality, I'm not sure which is the better scope?

Last edited by screaminweasil; 10/19/19.
GB1

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Damn, that thing isssss Uber! I hope the Flock of Seagulls is paying attention and ups their game!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Maybe you ought to send it to Leopold and show them how to do it! Ha!😉

Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Grandpa:the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Dad:son you have 2 choices for supper eat or don't eat.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I hope so too Boomer, I hope so too.....

Tex..........you have an idea. I was tempted to do a tracking test with them both, but decided no to push my luck with the "Ultralux". The elevation turret is a bit "wobbly", but atleast the clicks were more audible and tactile than the Leupy. To be fair, the Rimfire "Freedom" series of Leupold are pretty dang good for a "set and forget" scope. I have several and they are incredibly clear/bright for the coin. I paid $140 for the 3-9x40 Freedom brand new in box. It's worth that to me.

How does it track? Like a Leupold........a little off and a little wonky, but it seems to work fine after zeroing on 22lr or light recoiling rimfire, in which this particular model was intended.
The rimfire MOA Ret works very well getting you out to 200 yds with a standard 22LR, with hash marks at every 1 MOA for a total of 25 MOA holds. They work well for that, as long as there is no wind....

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Well, it's all about the glass! I wouldn't want this thread to get derailed, but I am pretty sure I like the view through my Thunderbirds quite well.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I really meant it as a joke. I like Leopold. I have a rifleman scope that has been on a big handful of guns and never had a problem. I am not a long range shooter or turret twister so they just work for me. I dont have a.problem with what others like and dont care if they like what I've got. I put what works for me on my guns and spend the.savings on my grandkids.

I have an old Simmons scope that came on a used gun I bought. It hav been on probably 10 22s. My kids and grandkids have abused it a bunch. But after they drop it and knock it around it still will rezero.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Grandpa:the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Dad:son you have 2 choices for supper eat or don't eat.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Meghan Trainer??..............."It's all about that glass, bout that glass, bout that glass"

Tex.........I caught your drift. I just didn't want you to think I was a Leupold Basher, who has never actually used one.......like many on here.

Boomer, the "Bird of Prey" just must suite your "eagle eyes"............. wink

I've never looked through a hawke, except some "fancy" long ranging one that I was told was better than a nightforce at a gunshow table 5 years ago. It was UBER i'm sure!

Oh, and Boomer................I recently shot with my 6x Milquad a week or so ago. It's not as bad as I remembered. Other than the fishbowly effect on the edges. Center resolution where it matters was not a problem, and actually better than I remembered. However, put it on a tripod next to other scopes and you immediately see it's short comings............but I'm nit picky cause it's "all bout that glass"

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Black Friday is coming up. Get yourself a 3-9 Sea Eagle and try it out. When you are done evaluating it, it's an easy sell, if you'll part with it..

--- Kid Rock 2022

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
All the sweet nicknames are tempting me into trying one of them. Just may end up with a "Jingo" after all. grin

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I'm interested particularly due to the "flying and the magic"...........turrets moving/not moving when turned seems super appealing cry

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
After a bit of email exchange I was provided a RA#. No shipping label, that's on me. LOL

They said it's normal for there to be more dial clicks than reticle movement! Ohhh really.... Interesting.... I'll be damned. Learn something new every day.

Hell, I missed this.......I'm sold. Black Friday here we come!!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Black Friday is coming up. Get yourself a 3-9 Sea Eagle and try it out. When you are done evaluating it, it's an easy sell, if you'll part with it..

All these "bird monikers" have my mind all scribble scrabble..........you must be refering to the super chicken. I just may do that.

Hawke........I'm a little on the fence post with wink

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
When recommending the 3-9 Sea Eagle I do so as a big game all around scope. I have a 12X I would like to test on ground squirrels but it's on a 7mm RM now.

On the Birds of Prey side. The 8x56 is free for a while if you want check it out? I had it on a T3X 22-250 and it seemed it'd be a good combination. Did whack a deer with it.

All in the name of fun and getting off the couch...

--- Kid Rock 2022

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Thanks Boomer. Much appreciated, but I have no place for a fixed 8x56, so I'd not want to risk "falling in love" with the Hawke. Then, I'd have to buy one and another rifle for it to be used on.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by screaminweasil
Dude......should a went Konus

Partial to Barska here

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by screaminweasil
Dude......should a went Konus

Partial to Barska here

Best in Class?

--- Kid Rock 2022

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (16gage, 160user, 16penny, 1lessdog, 10ring1, 007FJ, 49 invisible), 2,887 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,493
Posts18,490,406
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.