Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I'm going to have one of those. It's probably going to be the SIG.

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I'm going to have one of those. It's probably going to be the SIG.

The P365 is a great little pistol. I bought one last September and have grown really fond of it. I sometimes carry it IWB in a Vedder Lighttuck and other times it is in my front pocket in an Alabama pocket holster.

"Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A feature of the P365 that doesn't get much press is the serialized grip module inherited from the P320 design. Aside from the cool stuff like laser engraved modules from Grayguns shown below, there is a practical side - alloy modules, one set-up with a light/laser, standard rail, or whatever the future brings. A guy can also buy a module for about $25 any whittle to your hearts content.

[Linked Image from grayguns.com]

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I want the Hellcat!

It looks like a SIG killer, and maybe it will stimulate Glock to make a stack-n-a-half metal magazine for their pistol line.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I’ll stick with my Sig P365. I know it WORKS.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I traded my Sig 938 for a Sig 365 a few months ago and really like it. It’s a lot of pistol in a small package and suits my needs just fine.

Harry
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I really like my P365. My Springfield XDs have been excellent. I doubt I'll be inclined to buy the Hellcat but I'm interested in how it performs. If it proves reliable and I find one for a fair price...who knows?

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
G23 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Mathsr
I traded my Sig 938 for a Sig 365 a few months ago and really like it. It’s a lot of pistol in a small package and suits my needs just fine.

I've been looking at both the 938 and 365 trying to decide which one to get. What made you get rid of the 938 in favor of the 365?

G23

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The 365 is sweet. I chose the P938, but it was a very close call.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Didn’t watch the whole thing, but why no mention of the Taurus G2c?

Dimensionally as close as those two pistols, and comes with two 12 round mags well before that S A, if fact I’d hazard a guess it was Taurus that upped the ante with respect to compact nine hi cap in the first place.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Very good video thanks for posting it up. I’ve been sold on a Glock 26 but now looking at these the Sig looks great as well.

I appreciate you putting this up I’ve got more homework to do.

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Dimensionally as close as those two pistols, and comes with two 12 round mags well before that S A, if fact I’d hazard a guess it was Taurus that upped the ante with respect to compact nine hi cap in the first place.

I have the G2C and have held the 365 often with the intention to buy, just never did due to the firing pin issues reported. The G2C is noticeably thicker and heavier. The G2C is and has been a good gun for me, however the Hellcat and 365 are in a different league in concealability. Those two are barely bigger dimensionally than most 380 pocket pistols and the weights are negligible when carried IWB or OWB.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by G23
Originally Posted by Mathsr

I've been looking at both the 938 and 365 trying to decide which one to get. What made you get rid of the 938 in favor of the 365?

G23
Can't speak for Mathsr but I've got the 938. I've thought about the 365 and may end up with one. It is really a question of whether you want a mol downsized 1911 type as opposed to, for lack of a better term, a downsized Glock type. Many don't like a Glock but do like the idea. The 938 is more complicated and derived from and older design. It is a bit smaller. The 365 is a newer design and holds more rounds at the expense of being only a bit larger.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by efw
Very good video thanks for posting it up. I’ve been sold on a Glock 26 but now looking at these the Sig looks great as well.

I appreciate you putting this up I’ve got more homework to do.

The Glock 26 Gen 5 has been my go to daily carry for what seems like a couple of years now. Can’t think of a single drawback connected to it that would cause me to switch to one of the new slimmer high cap subcompacts that have recently come out, although I find them interesting, and might just acquire one for that reason alone, at some point.

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Originally Posted by jimmyp

At 1.45" thick that Canik cannot be considered a competitor for the 365 or Hellcat. I wouldn't want to try and IWB carry that toad in summer attire. I am a fan of Canik as I have a TP9 SA that has been a good range toy with an excellent trigger.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by UNCCGrad

I have the G2C and have held the 365 often with the intention to buy, just never did due to the firing pin issues reported. The G2C is noticeably thicker and heavier. The G2C is and has been a good gun for me, however the Hellcat and 365 are in a different league in concealability. Those two are barely bigger dimensionally than most 380 pocket pistols and the weights are negligible when carried IWB or OWB.

???

I have handled the previous single-stack compact Springfield Armory 9mm side by side with the Taurus G2, I found them close in all dimensions tho I’ll agree the Taurus seems heavy for its size.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Originally Posted by UNCCGrad

???

I have handled the previous single-stack compact Springfield Armory 9mm side by side with the Taurus G2, I found them close in all dimensions tho I’ll agree the Taurus seems heavy for its size.

Taurus is thicker, taller and heavier. Those are the big three that influence comfort for IWB at least for me. My XDS 45 is easier to carry than the G2C but having twice the rounds at the ready makes me grab the G2C 90% of the time for IWB. The Sig 365 and the Hellcat at least to me, are on another level for ultra concealment. Any smaller and you have to go to a pocket 380.

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
???

The Hellcat is significantly smaller than the XD line, even the subcompacts. It's a whole different pistol - no grip safety even.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

245 members (204guy, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 260Remguy, 257_X_50, 29 invisible), 2,052 guests, and 1,087 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,191
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.