-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah Sam, the bum and junky thing sucks here.

We're starting to put down some roots up there because of how schitty things are getting here.

The Camp fire was a huge confirmation for us.

Still, it can be a bit of a surprise just how liberal some of MT is.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by Higbean
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
Good.

I was worried some of you guys would have to move.

Heck I don't live in Missoula. I do have relatives there who can't wait to leave once they retire.

Where does a Montanan escape to?

Texas?

Missoula ain't Montana.....

And Frisco aint California...

Great comment! We, me included, should always remember it isn't a state border that is the problem. It is the mindset, the ignorance, the the wanton desire to restrict the rights and freedoms of others that is the problem. We are born with basic rights and these are not defined by the want and vote of the majority anywhere on this mudball we call earth.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hig, when you say camp fire do you mean the burn in Paradise?

I think you would fit in fine and enjoy Mt.

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by irfubar
Hell, Gallatin County is blue as a MF'er, downtown Helena has more rainbow flags per block than I've seen here all year and I met more transgenders in Bannock than i have my entire life in California.

That's no joke.

Transgenders in Bannock? come on Hig , gotta call B.S. on that.... wtf

No bs man.

Was there on Fathers Day.

They had a bunch of folks dressed in period garb showing how they did things back in the 1860's.

There was a little old "lady" playing ragtime piano in one of the houses.

Sounded awesomely period correct as it was out of tune just a little.

When I walked in I noticed her hands were bigger than mine and the wig was really bad.

He stopped playing and started talking about growing up there and how he'd met Marilynn Monroe, Clark Gable and Tennessee Ernie Ford and a whole bunch of others.

A good buddies grandfather was the first Park Ranger there and I mentioned his name and holy schit if that didn't get the stories going!

Fella has been playing piano there for 40 years and has some crazy stories to tell if you're ever down there.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Good to hear, about the ruling, not the transfest.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So, likely an appeal to the next level? Would like to see this move quickly. An executive order via our governor mandates background check for an exchange outside of immediate family.

The next effort here is to hold any owner responsible if a minor or thief were to use one's arms in a crime. I.e. mandatory lockdown of arms even in ones home.

To me that's like holding me responsible if I'm hit by some DUI driver, because I should not have been out there sober.

1Minute
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by 1minute
So, likely an appeal to the next level? Would like to see this move quickly. An executive order via our governor mandates background check for an exchange outside of immediate family.

The next effort here is to hold any owner responsible if a minor or thief were to use one's arms in a crime. I.e. mandatory lockdown of arms even in ones home.

To me that's like holding me responsible if I'm hit by some DUI driver, because I should not have been out there sober.

I'm not well versed in Montana law, but since this was a decision from the highest state court, the only place to appeal would be to federal court, and I don't see how this can be a federal question. Had the ruling gone the other way, though, MT residents could have appealed to federal court with a claim that the ruling violated the Second Amendment. But Missoula would have a very hard time arguing that a city has a right under the US Constitution to violate both the state and federal constitutions when it comes to gun rights, so I can't see how this would ever end up in federal court (i.e., it doesn't look like there's anywhere to appeal this decision, thank goodness).

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by 1minute

I believe that's pretty close to law of the land in Canada. Guns and ammo must be locked up separately in a home and if guns are stolen and used in a crime, the gun owner is partly liable.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Must suck to be so miserable that one revels in another's misfortune or lack thereof.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by sierraHunter
...Great comment! We, me included, should always remember it isn't a state border that is the problem. It is the mindset, the ignorance, the the wanton desire to restrict the rights and freedoms of others that is the problem. We are born with basic rights and these are not defined by the want and vote of the majority anywhere on this mudball we call earth.

This gets my vote for Campfire Quote of the Year!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

IC B3

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
"Missoula ain't Montana....."

I would have posted this, but Sam beat me to it.

One of the really dumb things about the Missoula ordinance is that people who wanted to get around it only had to drive to, say, Lolo to sell a firearm to somebody else without following the "law."

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
But Lolo is dangerous. Brad Pitt got into trouble there.

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 10/22/19. Reason: Movie trivia is not a strong point

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 700LH
Must suck to be so miserable that one revels in another's misfortune or lack thereof.

There is no reveling in another's misfortune going on there, just stating facts.

WTF?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Hell, Gallatin County is blue as a MF'er, downtown Helena has more rainbow flags per block than I've seen here all year and I met more transgenders in Bannock than i have my entire life in California.

That's no joke.

You've met more transgenders in Bannock? The ghost town Bannock?

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Maybe the ghosts of transgenders past??

I am MAGA.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Trans ain't a problem, it's weirdos trying to normalize the freaks. Anywhere.

--- Kid Rock 2022

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Yep. Trans, gay, whateverthehell, are pretty damn few in numbers.

Well to do, liberal whites are much more dangerous than some confused gay person.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Maybe the ghosts of transgenders past??

Now that's funny

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I hear Idaho is nice...

Idaho Sucks, you want California.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

121 members (375TN, 44mc, 7_08FAN, 7887mm08, 35, 21, 14 invisible), 1,553 guests, and 966 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,951
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.