Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I had cabelas gift cards from before they were bought out, went to use the this past summer just to get rid of them, went to check out and was told the cards were no good

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Cabelas is gone, I used to frequent the place quite a bit. I haven't been there in over a year.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When they took over and service became the traditional BPS crap, they changed their Cabela's CC company to Capital One, probably one of the worst financial institutions to deal with and one that has HIGH penalties for any late payment. It is just indicative of the whole BPS corporate mindset.

Fugg gem

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by z1r

Yes, the manufacturer warranties the product. So, all claims must be sent to the manufacturer since Bass Pro/Cabellas don't make their own products.

Not true:
otherwise, Cabela would have to tell you something like:

Send defective product back to: Sum Gai Bing Wang Optical manufactory No. 1 224, Shang Dong 26, China

Last edited by night_owl; 10/23/19.

abusus non tollit usum
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I have absolutely no personal issues with cabelas. If I can get something there for less money I buy it there.

I like free shipping and sales.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by kennyd
False advertising. DA interested?

False advertising...that's so 1970s

abusus non tollit usum
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And they just can't figure out why people buy over the internet.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
They ought to rename them the Bob Sled stores. Because they're going downhill fast.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
It’s funny how often you are on here complaining about people and their attitudes but you refer to a young man just trying to do his job, who has shown you nothing but respect... AND thanked you for your service... As a zit faced millennial

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Seafire

any Name brand manufacturer for scopes, like Leupold Burris etc, come with NO warranty thru Cabelas or Bass Pro either, was what I was told.... you can purchase a 3 year warranty via Bass Pro, or you walk out the store with it, the warranty is between you and the manufacturer....

Most product warranties have always been between the buy & the manufacturer; in the case of Cabela's name branded product they were being represented as the manufacturer.

Occasionally, a retailer like Cabela's (used to) would accept returns/replacements/repairs from customers directly for other branded products, on whatever life basis.............Cabela's used to have a lifetime replacement / return policy on everything, no questions asked. That was stopped a few years ago, IIRC.

I've pretty much been done with Cabela's for a while now for a few different reasons, even moreso since BP bought them...............only exception is the very rare case that they have something unique that I want. Most everything they sell, I can do better elsewhere.

They've outlived their usefullness & will not last long now by not warranting their own name branded muchandise.

MM

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In the old days BP and Cabelas were competing with each other. Prices have been about the same for quite a few years now so I wonder when they really got into bed with each other. When they merged sportsmen lost plain and simple.

living the good life every day
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by champlain_islander
In the old days BP and Cabelas were competing with each other. Prices have been about the same for quite a few years now so I wonder when they really got into bed with each other. When they merged sportsmen lost plain and simple.

As is the case for consumers in just about every merger.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cant blame them.

Back when this country was different before the 1980's a company could get away with those types of policies.

People bought for quality, paid a good price for it and kept the items or passed them down.

No longer. Its all about the most quality for the cheapest price and no more brand company loyalty

Ive seen a lot of people abuse those "lifetime" warranties over the decades.

Probably one of the reasons Cabalas needed to be bought out before having to close up shop.

Problem is most of us on this board remember that time in our society and probably still own a good amount of product from that time when our culture valued trustworthiness.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I struggle to understand how a retail store can legally negate the manufacturer's warranty.

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Certifiable
It’s funny how often you are on here complaining about people and their attitudes but you refer to a young man just trying to do his job, who has shown you nothing but respect... AND thanked you for your service... As a zit faced millennial

Well sorry that offended you.. but it doesn't change the fact that is exactly what he was...
however, your point is well taken....only thing that bothered me, is he was trying to answer a question he didn't have an answer to....got more respect for someone who gives ya a straight answer, that try to snow me...

I've been a business person for a long time...if someone asked me a question about a product I couldn't answer, I would tell them I didn't know that answer, but I knew where to secure it in short order...

I ended up talking to 4 different people at the local store, and got a different explanation from each one...
The one that gave me the best answer, was the one that didn't try to make up one...
he was the guy back at the counter that showed the product to customers...

he told me with Bass Pro running the show, there was no warranty, period...he kinda referred to it as like buying a used car...
"AS IS"....

so yes, otherwise the young man was professional, was trained to read his computer screen and not think about it..
and wasn't schooled at all in any type of customer service....not even enough to refer me to the customer service desk, just about 10 to 12 paces away.....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Morewood
I struggle to understand how a retail store can legally negate the manufacturer's warranty.

as a consumer, most of us can bounce back on the manufacturer....n the case of house brands, Cabelas has just been in the business of replacement of a product if something goes wrong with it, when it was sold with a lifetime warranty....and the lifetime warranty didn't cover abuse etc....

Cabelas sold out to Bass Pro, mainly because the Cabelas family just wanted to cash out and retire...Bass Pro is who came up and did the buying...

its their decision to offer products with no warranty, unless the consumer purchaes it for $90.00 and then they only cover it for 3 years on this product... essentially 3 hunting seasons for the average consumer...
that's fine, its there store..... but the change will take many consumers by surprise based on how Cabelas name has done business for decades....

My reaction to it was to ask questions and get it verified.. then vote with my wallet by not purchasing the product...
Just passing on the 'surprise' at the register....The "surprise" was after I had driven 150 miles one way to make this purchase..

The other surprise is the products I have from Cabelas that have a lifetime warranty, now instantly have no warranty...

I don't do business with Bass Pro, and now with their policies installed into their new acquisition of Cabelas and their store, evidently won't be doing business with them either anymore....when any products I own from them now go bad and need repair, guess I just throw them in the trash now..... not exactly what I was planning on when I purchased them.....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I know Cabelas sucks now. I remember when it was awesome, and I feel sad about all the fun times I used to have there. They used to have a special where you could put a specific manufacturer's firearm on their credit card and not pay interest for a year. I bought a Beretta Extrema 2 and my wife goes how much was that? And I said $1378. Her face was so funny. It's too bad that today's kids dont get catalogs and dream about the day they could buy whatever they wanted out of their wishbooks. I remember my Dad and I dreaming about new gear and trips and all that. Those were the days. I think the people who really lost were the kids who dont get the excitement of going to the worlds foremost outfitter. Now it's some lame overpriced shadow of itself.

Maybe kids do get catalogs, I know I dont get them anymore.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They are going on the extinct species list just like Herter's did and for similar reasons. Cabela's used to carry some of the best cold weather gear around at reasonable prices. Not anymore. The crap they sell now will kill you in real cold.
I buy my cold weather gear elsewhere these days.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Used to make periodic trips to Cabelas, about 4 hours each way. Even took my new Chinese gal to one on our way to JFK once before the takeover. No more. Powder and primers, and some guns come from a couple of LGSs. Everything else is online, best price. Eventually the Disneyland outdoor store business model will probably crumble just like Sears. Think of the overhead involved with all that stuff, and what it does to prices.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by stevelyn
They are going on the extinct species list just like Herter's did and for similar reasons. Cabela's used to carry some of the best cold weather gear around at reasonable prices. Not anymore. The crap they sell now will kill you in real cold.
I buy my cold weather gear elsewhere these days.

If it's adequate for southern Missouri ...

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

118 members (1OntarioJim, 6mmCreedmoor, 338reddog, Amos63, 8 invisible), 1,536 guests, and 885 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,371
Posts18,488,327
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.