Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Why is it when people have problems they automatically assume it's because the site has issues?

Because many times the problems are on this one site only.
It's not like this is something new.

A big part of the overall problem is there are more and more ways to access the site, and the various softwares don't always work well together.

I'm not currently having any issues, but there have been many times in the past when I did and others didn't.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
GB1

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Well, systems are dumbed down so bad so anybody can use it, but, thing is, chit is so simple to set up and get right you'd be dumb for not trying and getting it set up right. Recent PC purchase, OMG it took like 10 minutes to load Chrome, Adblock Plus, and DuckDuckGo and click on some setting. Edge Browser? YGTBFK?..

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Guess I must be dumb as a rock. But then my system works the way I want it to, not the way some guy named Default wants it to. Like browsers, you couldn't pay me to use chrome spyware.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I've been running 24hr with no problems at all on Chrome with a couple ad blockers, Ublock Origin and Adblocker Genesis plus. I get no ads or popups. I was getting the up arrow at the top like many others but that's been resolved and it's now at the bottom. This is on my computer. On the phone with the same setup, I do get a few ads but nothing serious. I haven't seen the edge popup for several weeks. It appears for a day then one of the adblockers apparently compensates and it goes away.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
For those who might be interested to know this is the only site on which I have a problem. Everything else on my computer works fine. I'll be the first to admit that I lack knowledge about computers, however, I do get along fine every where else.

I enjoy the site but there are times I just shut it down through frustration.

Jim

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
Why is it when people have problems they automatically assume it's because the site has issues?

Probably because they aren't having them with all the other sites they are on. Simple logic kind of thing. I was having all kinds of issues on this site. Everyone said install ad blocker. So I did install it and my issues disappeared. But I installed it only because of the Fire. I am on many forums and never had any issues on any. The entertainment here is just too good to miss.

The Ad Blocker sure worked for me. No issues with this site whatsoever.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by 1OntarioJim
For those who might be interested to know this is the only site on which I have a problem. Everything else on my computer works fine. I'll be the first to admit that I lack knowledge about computers, however, I do get along fine every where else.

I enjoy the site but there are times I just shut it down through frustration.

Jim

Nobody denies there is wonkiness here. Just the solution to work around it has been presented hundreds of times and works for literally thousands of us.

Chrome, once Adblock Plus and Duck Duck Go are loaded, it isn't tracking supposedly.. Nighthawk, do you think Microsoft Edge isn't? LOL

Screwit. This new PC I let Microsoft and Goggle have at it, all my chit appeared like magic.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
No problems here.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I now understand why they put flip caps on toothpaste, the screw on caps were way to complicated for some of you to use properly, being that you could turn the cap both ways, but only one of the two ways, actually tightened it !

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by jimy
I now understand why they put flip caps on toothpaste, the screw on caps were way to complicated for some of you to use properly, being that you could turn the cap both ways, but only one of the two ways, actually tightened it !

What's toothpaste ya'll?

--- Kid Rock 2022

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Nighthawk, do you think Microsoft Edge isn't? LOL

Dunno. I use Watefox, a light weight fork of Firefox. Open source, no telemetry. Rick has an ad service with annoying and malformed scripts. I block scripts, no problems.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 1OntarioJim
What is happening with the Campfire? Frequently now the site locks up and starts telling me to "refresh the page". Last night I was trying to send a PM to another member and was unable to enter a message. It got to the point where I finally gave up and shut my computer down. This has happened several times recently.

It seems since the recent changes were made that nothing works as well as it did previously. I hope someone can make some improvements since most days the site is becoming almost unusable.

Jim

In past years, I've had that here. Not in a while, though.

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The new format has created problems for some of us, regardless of it working fine for others.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Weeeeeellll...

Maybe it's because only this site is bogged down, while everywhere else we try is fine. whistle wink

I've experienced some problems loading the site and navigating it recently, but I'm not going to gripe. It's still the best forum anywhere.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce β€œThe Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Nighthawk, do you think Microsoft Edge isn't? LOL

Dunno. I use Watefox, a light weight fork of Firefox. Open source, no telemetry. Rick has an ad service with annoying and malformed scripts. I block scripts, no problems.

I've tried Waterfox but even with a couple adblockers running, ads still get through. I haven't had that problem with Chrome.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't understand that. I've used Firefox and now Waterfox with AdBlocker Ultimate and no ads that I didn't allow. From anywhere.

I don't trust Google. Here is probably the mildest comment on why:

Google does not admit that it uses Chrome to spy on users, and since Chrome is built using a large amount of proprietary closed source code, there is no way to prove for certain that it does so. There are, however, some very compelling reasons to believe that it does…

Supposedly there are settings to turn this off but it comes default on. I don't know, liked Firefox until they started adding stuff I don't want. An update Firefox nag screen you can't turn off was the last straw.

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by White_Bear

Because the site sucks. I love the information and people but the site itself is one of the worst forums on the web.

Absolutely!

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by moosemike
Originally Posted by White_Bear

Because the site sucks. I love the information and people but the site itself is one of the worst forums on the web.

Absolutely!

I learnt my lesson with this site using my main computer to access the fire. I'll NOT be taking that chance again.

There is probably stuff that I could do on my end to alleviate some of the issues, but this old tablet I am using has to be re-set so often I just put up with all the short comings. Not being able to post pictures is a bitch.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I remember 8 years ago when I had a pop up! It sucked. Good luck guys.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I remember 8 years ago when I had a pop up! It sucked. Good luck guys.

The fact you've been lucky doesn't make the problems many others have had less real.
If it were truly as simple as you imply, the problems wouldn't exist at all.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (12344mag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 117LBS, 1234, 06hunter59, 58 invisible), 2,731 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,795
Posts18,536,418
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.