Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calvin
Dumped them.

What'd you replace them with?

g

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Bought my first Leupold scope a Vari-XII 3-9AO in 1974, Leupold is the only scope I've ever put on any of my hunting rifles. Never a problem with the dozens of Leupolds I've owned over the years, cannot say the same for other manufacturer's scopes.

Can you say "non sequitur?"

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
9yrs in a row.......
Incredible.....
Naw that aint a canned set of criteria for that award at all i bet...
crazy whistle laugh

Leupold is the "Doctor" in the scope market for their gold ring addicts/ fanboys.

To each their own.....
Whatever works for ya....

Signed
"Ex leupold junkie"
1977 - 2017
No longer got blinders on........

LOL!!!

Last edited by renegade50; 10/24/19.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Bought my first Leupold scope a Vari-XII 3-9AO in 1974, Leupold is the only scope I've ever put on any of my hunting rifles. Never a problem with the dozens of Leupolds I've owned over the years, cannot say the same for other manufacturer's scopes.

Could it be that the guy owns rifles (and scopes) that he doesn't hunt?

I too, only have Leupolds on my hunting rifles. Wish I could say it's always been that way.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Owned em all at one time or another. Its leupold for me.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have used Leupold scopes for over close to fifty years. Sent a 1.5-5x20 back in the 80's because the lenses had separated. They make a light weight scope with good eye relief and good clear glass. I have not found them to be spot on when adjusting their turrets. Some times the bullets impact moves and some times it does not, so I have had some frustrating times at the range with them when moving their windage and elevation turrets. At the end of the day I still have four mounted on rifles and use them as "set and forget" scopes. Verify zero and don't touch the turrets.

I have three scopes that offer god repeatability if I want to dial elevation. A Nightforce 3-10x42 SHV sits on my .338 Winny, a Bushnell Elite 4.5-18x44 LRHSi sits on a Tikka CTR 6.5 Creed and a SWFA 3-9x40 sits on a Tikka T3X Superlite 6.5 Creed. These last three scopes have proven to have reliable turrets. If I move them a click the target shows a click and if I move them eight clicks the target shows eight clicks. I would bet money on them moving correctly. I would not bet money on my Leupold's doing that based on my experience and some others I trust.

But once again for a "set and forget" scope they usually work ok. If they ever make a serious effort at making reliable erectors and turret adjustments they might win me back.

I don't know what criteria the NASWG organization uses to pick optics manufacturer of the year, but it can't have erector repeatability as a part of the criteria or Leupold would loose in that category.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Hey what happened to those 2 threads with the special 24 hr leupold meet and greet on the optics thread from earlier this year.

That schitt show went over like a lead balloon.....
Those 2 reps really knew their schitt per the party line talking points.
Lol!!!

That was a smash for sure!!!!!

Now those 2 threads are gone.
Laffin!!!!!

Even had sock puppets appear for a few days firing back about the superiority of leupold scopes after that abortion question and no answer dog and pony show.

Hahhaha!!!

I will tell ya what happened to those 2 threads

Ad/sponsor interest and benjamins.

Last edited by renegade50; 10/24/19.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Does anyone know what kind of performance metrics are used in establishing the winner?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

2-5=8

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Even comes with a remote control.....
[Linked Image]
laugh laugh laugh

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by GeoW
Originally Posted by Calvin
Dumped them.

What'd you replace them with?

g

On my two main killing rifles, a Burris Veracity and a SS 3-9

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Their binoculars are 2nd tier at best.

I might need to get some squirrel hunting. It's amazing the squirrels that I could be overlooking at 50 yrds. So say the sages.

grin

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
All but one of my basket of Gold Rings were bought used. I send 'em in, they clean up and calibrate, and send them back. Never a problem, including the ones on the H&H and the 400 Jeffery.

Happy Camper

Last edited by Puddle; 10/24/19. Reason: english language challenged

It's you and the bullet, and all the rest is secondary.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Got me to thinking.

IIRC we have 4 L scopes. 2 have gone bad. Need to send in. 3rd one is having repeatability issues.

Granted I have never bought the high end L scopes.

Let me count some other optics. Euro Brand. Think we have about 10 or more in the safe. First one ever went TU on the first shot. Replaced free. Another died after years of abuse in the field on a 338 WM. Wanted it fixed and knobs on it so sent in requesting the cost of knobs... Came back they could not repair, and so sent me the next higher level, a bit more X on it and knobs for free. Can't say bad about them and will continue Z.

It is funny, how folks can have varying results from same brands.

To me the L have never corrected correctly. And have never been overly bright, but I hear the top end L are extremely bright.

Fairly sure I"ll never buy another after the CDS one not doing right from day one.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
My verry first leupold I ever bought back in the early 80 s ..used to boot...had to go back..I fallen backwards going down a mountain slope and the rear lense bell hit a rock and bent it...optics were fine held zero and wasn't even off zero after the hit...several years later you could start to see the lense separating in a half moon shape.so I called and the said send it in...
3 days later I got a bran spankin new scope...the 4 th day I got a form letter type card saying they would assess the warranty claim bla bla bla....I found that funny...
The other one was my 10 x binoculars. Just needed an eye cup..they had been sun damaged and kinda dry rotted...I use the crap out of them when I was shooting archery...they were kinda abused really...I asked them to just clean the lenses and replace the rubber...I really don't want new ones...I threw them in a box and mailed them...when I got them back they were perfect and to boot they sent them back in a bran new case...funny really as I never used the origonal case tho I should...
Sure great people buy with confidence as they will be around forever..
Optic company of the century is more like it...

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Leupold for Life here, and never ONE problem with one of their scopes. I'm reassured by their lifetime warranty if something were to happen to one of my Leupold scopes, but I don't foresee that happening.

laugh laugh

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/10/le...f-the-year-award-at-nasgw/#axzz63IAtDamE

Leupold Wins Optics Manufacturer of the Year Award at NASGW

BEAVERTON, Ore. —-(Ammoland.com)- Leupold & Stevens, Inc., has been recognized as the Optics Manufacturer of the Year by the National Association of Sporting Goods Wholesalers (NASGW). Leupold was presented with the award at the annual NASGW meeting on Tuesday, Oct. 22 in Orlando.

It marks the ninth year in a row that Leupold has won the Optics Manufacturer of the Year. Leupold has claimed the Optics title in each of the nine years that NASGW has presented “Manufacturer of the Year” awards.

Its unAmerican to buy American.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
They have a .001% failure rate. Can't make that chit up! They have a great burger too.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Does anyone know what kind of performance metrics are used in establishing the winner?

BJs

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Here's the box, compass offer inside, and butt plate from the vintage 1951 Mdl 70 that my first Leupold went on. I was 13 (72 now). I've had probably 100 Leupolds over the years on guns I've owned, traded/sold, and still own.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

One VariX II 1.5-5 had something let go inside about 15 years ago, and one 1-4 VariX II had a damaged front lens that I caused by mounting it improperly. Leupold replaced both FAST.

I have other scopes, but no scopes that cost as much or more than a decent rifle. The Burris scopes I have or had, probably a dozen, were all good values, IMO, but Leupold is still my favorite glass. For an average deer, antelope, elk hunter like I am they're all I need. They have always been head and shoulders above the old Weavers and Lymans we also used back in the day, and somehow we did great with Weavers.

Modern hunters are spoiled. wink

$89.50!!

That was a lot of money for a scope in 1951.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
All mine have been good minus the 2 VX3s with the CDS option. They probably would’ve held zero but Leupold couldn’t them to track reliably

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

628 members (007FJ, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 1minute, 219DW, 63 invisible), 2,886 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,482
Posts18,490,208
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.