Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from pics.me.me]

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Gus
i sense on these posts and threads on the campfire on the internet there's a sea-change in the general discussions?

of course i could be wrong. i've been wrong more than once in my life, that's a military certainty.

it's good that discussions can move up into the internet territory.

times are a-changing. even Bob Dylan knew that.

"Come gather round people, wherever you roam..."

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I have not followed this thread closely, but I see it has made the obligatory left turn.

Meanwhile, back at the topic, my great grandfather, and grandfather were Shriners. My father was neither, nor am I, never been asked.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Richard, continuing down an alternate path, did you ever attend the Shrine Circus in Sioux City? Due to Mom's skill with the 35mm Kodak that did not automatically advance the film, we have a slide of a friend and myself sitting on the edge of one of the rings while performers go about their business behind us, all of this in our livingroom.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
My FIL was in the shrine and did a lot of good. The Masons can do a lot of good. That said when they protect turds it brings down the image. The Masons caused me grief on my job and in the military. The Shriners quit calling several years ago asking for money for free tickets to their circus. I gave them two names to call for money since the Masons/Shriners protected them at my expense. You can't unf*ck a person once the deed is done!

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by sbrmike
I usually avoid these discussions for fear of inadvertently divulging secrets I took an oath to keep. Number one the biggest Secret in Freemasonry is there is no secret! It is a fraternity of good men. Their mission is to take a good man and make him better. Freemasonry in all it's forms is simply the Brotherhood of Man under the Fatherhood of God. We worship the God off our choice in the manner of our choice. It is not a cult or bunch of devil worshippers; that couldn't be farther from the truth.

Actually, there are only a couple of "secrets" that you not allowed to divulge to a non-Mason.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I asked to join as was given the opportunity to so so.

My father in law is a Mason......figured what the hell.

They sent out a traveling Mason to interview me and my family. Nice guy....had worked for us over the years off and on.

Of course neither he or my father in law would tell me anything about the Masons.....except for how great they were.

At the end of the interview the traveling Mason was very excited. He said he was very excited to finally get a Catholic to join.

He said that Catholics never join the Masons, they were against the organization.

I am not now nor was I then a very good Catholic......but I did ask him why the Catholics were against the Masons.........he wouldn't tell me.

I ended up declining. Became an Eagles member instead. No secrecy involved with those guys.

The Masons are no doubt a great outfit, at least judging by the men who are Masons that I know. Many of them I greatly respect.

Kinda like Obamacare....gotta join the Masons to find out what they are all about.

Just wasn't for me.

i mostly went through catholic schools growing up. In grade school i came into class one day with one of my father's masonic books in code. The nun almost had a heart attack, and the rosary beads were flying. I had been asked to join the demolay in advance of becoming a mason. I wish i had done it, but it would have presented problems at school. Masons are not against catholics, it's the other way around. I think it goes back to one of the earlier popes, and the unwillingness of acknowleging the pope. Could be wrong tho.
My father was a mason, and my grandfather was a mason, and probably even before that.
I have zero problems with them.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
No John.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Fireball2
There's a reason things are kept secret. What could it be? Does anybody know for sure?

By their nature, secrets are rarely good. Usually they are meant to conceal something bad.

Why the secrecy?

The secrecy is actually a nostalgic practice that harkens back to esrly biblical times and the building of King Solomon's temple. Only duly-qualified Master Masons were allowed to work on the temple and there were secret methods by which the master masons could identify themselves. There's very few secrets that Masons are not allowed to divulge.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
I usually avoid these discussions for fear of inadvertently divulging secrets I took an oath to keep. Number one the biggest Secret in Freemasonry is there is no secret! It is a fraternity of good men. Their mission is to take a good man and make him better. Freemasonry in all it's forms is simply the Brotherhood of Man under the Fatherhood of God. We worship the God off our choice in the manner of our choice. It is not a cult or bunch of devil worshippers; that couldn't be farther from the truth.

Actually, there are only a couple of "secrets" that you not allowed to divulge to a non-Mason.

I divulge the secret handshake every day

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tedthorn

I divulge the secret handshake every day

Read a story once that said Sam Houston sparred Santa Anna’s sorry life because he gave him the “secret” handshake.

Sam Houston was a Mason. Supposedly Santa Anna was too.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Any secret makes it a demonic organization.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

i mostly went through catholic schools growing up. In grade school i came into class one day with one of my father's masonic books in code. The nun almost had a heart attack, and the rosary beads were flying. I had been asked to join the demolay in advance of becoming a mason. I wish i had done it, but it would have presented problems at school. Masons are not against catholics, it's the other way around. I think it goes back to one of the earlier popes, and the unwillingness of acknowleging the pope. Could be wrong tho.
My father was a mason, and my grandfather was a mason, and probably even before that.

The Catholics of old (but no longer) had a problem with Freemasons because Freemasonry was and remains demonic. No actual Christian would have anything to do with them. You cannot be devoted to the Christ of the New Testament and not realize you cannot belong to the Freemasons.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

The Catholics of old (but no longer) had a problem with Freemasons because Freemasonry was and remains demonic. No actual Christian would have anything to do with them. You cannot be devoted to the Christ of the New Testament and not realize you cannot belong to the Freemasons.

Yah. That's the ticket.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Bring out your kooks...

Carpe' Scrotum
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
All the patriarchs in my family were Freemasons. They were mostly liars, wife abusers, child abusers, boastful, boisterous, proud, haughty, self absorbed, foul mouthed & angry. I never saw any Christian behavior. And, I certainly wouldn’t consider any of them “bettered.”

Good men? I think not.

Freemasonry is of the Devil.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L

No freedom loving American christian would tolerate those demon worshippers! They must be smoted!!!

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
I knew a few in Texas, they were good gents.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Steve

Bring out your kooks...

Guess they be here now.

I am MAGA.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N

I waited patiently and was not disappointed!
I’d ride the river with any of the Freemasons I know (blood relation or not) and have no issue trusting my son with them.

In before ‘they’re not high enough in the organization to know the truth ‘ gets played out.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 1OntarioJim, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 219DW, 55 invisible), 2,387 guests, and 1,181 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,801
Posts18,496,314
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.