Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#14239717 10/29/19
Terryk Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
My knees are bone on bone, my meniscus wore out. So I am a bit young for prosthesis, so my surgeon gives me the Euflexxa shots in the fall so I can hunt. They last 6-9 months for me. They are a lubricant and you get 1 shot per week, for 3 weeks. My swelling always goes down after the first shot. I think this is my 5th year, and the 3rd year was not so effective. My third injection was today, and the improvement is night and day.
I did not get the fake crazy bill yet but I think they were something like 1000 per knee per shot. I could be off on that. I think I pay 250 total under my insurance.
Anyway it works for me, and it might be something to help on the hunt.

https://www.drugs.com/cdi/euflexxa.html

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Worn out joints are no fun, glad you have some relief.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I had injections for years. When they quit working, there's only one option no matter how old you are. Good luck, and hopefully they'll keep working a while.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Never had the shots but the Doc that got into my left knee was the same that fixed up that Ryan fellow and a lot of other sports folks.

He drilled holes into both bone heads,he said in non medical terms it would piss off the bone heads to make scar tissue.

It has been years and it only acts up once and a while.

By the way no meniscus was left when he got in.

Had to use crutches for about 6 weeks and have very little weight on that knee.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Might want to check out zilretta. Time release and helps a lot of folks. Approved in 2017.

IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
My brother had the same situation. He had both knees replaced, in his early 60s. He is pain free and says it’s the best money he ever spent.

NRA Patron
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Check into some of the stem cell stuff. Seriously...just check it out.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
My wife 1st tried the cortisone, then the Euflexa w/out relief. TKRs put the bounce back in her step. The damage continues while the symptoms are masked by the injections.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I have one that is beginning to bother me, mine have lots of miles from football, track, marathon running, untold miles of dancing with wifey. It’s probably getting worn out in there.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I am very active at 73... daily workouts. The shots did nothing for me. I had knee replacement, did my own rehab (my retirement jobs are troubleshooting health clubs). I tell all, my new titanium knee is my most essential piece of equipment..... allowing me to continue backpacking deer out. I also keep my weight at 210lbs... 6'5".....

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
My replaced knee is stronger now at 61 than its ever been since age 17, when I tore it up..I can walk with confidence. But, the ligaments still hurt off & on. It’s still better than bone on bone.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
I had my right knee replaced 2 years ago. Perfect now! Physical therapy was something else. But you get out of it what you put into it.

Hope everything goes well !!

“Alive in JESUS!”
NRA LIFE MEMBER

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by Dess

I've been looking into that....my knees aren't great but I'm hoping that some of this new stuff might be able to help fix things before it's too late. Apparently there is a couple places in Canada that are starting to do some of this stuff, fortunately.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Stem cell stuff is the way of the future, but the US lags behind and private insurance companies usually refuse to pay for it. Such is the way of life (and death) in the American health care industry. Go to Canada. Or Belgium. Or Germany...

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
I was o e of the "special" cases where euflexxa/synvisc had no advantage. Cortisone actually made it worse for a week.

TKA is THE answer.

How old a fella are You if I can ask.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Stem cell stuff is the way of the future, but the US lags behind and private insurance companies usually refuse to pay for it. Such is the way of life (and death) in the American health care industry. Go to Canada. Or Belgium. Or Germany...

The one I went to offers something called "Care Credit". It's like a credit card for medical stuff. My insurance wouldn't cover it, but would have covered spine fusion surgery. Go figure. Couple of places here in Denver area offering treatment.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Euflexa works, but it requires a meniscus to be there to help rejuvinate.

They did nothing for me. I had 2 meniscus repairs on that knee, then an osteotomy which shifted the weight load on that knee, then last October I had a replacement. Night and day. Today I can hike/hunt/snowshoe pain free for miles at a time. NO PAIN. Where 3 months before teh replacement I went on a short hike and was ready to throw up in the parking lot due to the pain.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans

Or Hell.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Getting sorer every day here.

LOL
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by xxclaro
Originally Posted by Dess

I've been looking into that....my knees aren't great but I'm hoping that some of this new stuff might be able to help fix things before it's too late. Apparently there is a couple places in Canada that are starting to do some of this stuff, fortunately.

They do the stem cell shots in the USA too. A friend had his right knee replaced last year and his Doc recommended trying a stem shot in his left knee before doing a joint replacement. It's $2500 a shot and our insurance doesn't cover any of the cost yet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (21, 007FJ, 2500HD, 160user, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 72 invisible), 2,603 guests, and 1,335 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,090
Posts18,482,931
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.