Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I've been predominantly a GM guy, but I need another diesel truck to tow trailers with. I've got five big trailers, 3 gooseneck and 2 bumper pull. GM's quality and warranty service has let me down one too many times. The latest truck is a 2016 2500HD High Country. Within the first year, the wax coating GM puts on frames started falling off and the frame started turbo rusting, they sort of half-ässed fixed it once, but the rust continues and looks terrible. Either way, I'm keeping this truck for my wife to drive this winter.

I swung into a FORD dealership today and drove an F350 Lariat 4x4 CC 8' Bed SRW. It was really comfortable, drove and handled well, the frame is painted and the body is Aluminum. I'm thinking it's time for a change. While I'm familiar with GM's truck configurations, Ford's is not just new to me, but has lots more options.

Do I get a 10,000lb GVWR F250 with the beefed up suspension in the following (basically a derated F350 SRW)

-F250 HIGH-CAPACITY TRAILER TOW PACKAGE1 (F-250 with diesel engine): 3.0" trailer hitch receiver, max. front springs, upgraded axles and 25,700-lb. GCWR

-CAMPER PACKAGE:1 front springs upgrade (unless maximum springs have been computer-selected as included equipment), rear stabilizer bar (SRW), auxiliary rear springs (F-250), and slide-in camper certification

-5TH-WHEEL/GOOSENECK TRAILER TOW PREP PACKAGE:1 1 under-bed frame crossmember, 5 pickup bed 5th-wheel/gooseneck attachment points and close-out plugs, and an integrated 7-pin connector on the driver’s side pickup bed wall

Or an 11,400 or 11,500 GVWR F350 SRW with

-5TH-WHEEL/GOOSENECK TRAILER TOW PREP PACKAGE:1 1 under-bed frame crossmember, 5 pickup bed 5th-wheel/gooseneck attachment points and close-out plugs, and an integrated 7-pin connector on the driver’s side pickup bed wall

Are there any other features that are must haves or must avoid?

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I just bought a 2019 10k GVW 250 Kingston.

I got the camper package that came with the heavier springs and alternator. It sits approximately 1” taller than normal with this package and the snowplow prep is 2” taller and comes with an even heavier duty alternator. I was leery but it rides like a Cadillac compared to the 2002 10k 1ton I had before it.

My criteria when me and the dealer were looking for a truck was locking diff and rubber floors with cloth seats. I also like the base model radio/info center. I had heard too many horror stories of constant updates and system crashes to try the Sync3 navigation/information/stereo.

I’m a gasoline guy, not pulling a backhoe around every day for a living so I stay away from diesels. If gas is an option you can be confident in the 6.2. We have a pretty big fleet at work and they drive the piss out of them on and off road. In millions of miles the head mechanic told me last week they’ve replaced one transmission and two transfer cases. Other than that just oil and filters.

Of course we have a pretty good flock of F550 diesels now and they’ve been trouble free so far. They just added the diesels in 2017. The 2 Ram 5500 diesels bought at the same time have already been banished to the auction for being garbage.

One other thing I discovered when buying mine. If you don’t have to have all the heated seats and real whizbangs you get with the top trims. You can get a pretty dang nicely equipped pickup a fair bit cheaper by getting an XL with the STX package over an XLT. Mine is an STX and has 2 less features than my dad’s XLT, both features I didn’t want, plus mine had the factory spray in liner. Mine was about $3k less sticker price.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Thank you!!!!

This is exactly the sort of response I was hoping for.

I've been looking at pretty loaded trucks, frankly because it's easy. I don't need a whole bunch of whiz bang crap. I like a quiet cab. The truck I drove today was remarkably quiet compared to my Silverado.

I like comfortable seats with plenty of adjustment. The convenience of the rear cameras for hooking up trailers and parking at the grocery store is appealing, but I could live without them. I have no need for Navigation or an infotainment center. I don't need a 2000 stereo system or a colossal moon roof. Given the option, I'd like marker lights.

A decent blue tooth connection for clear hands-free telephoning would be great.

Spray-on bedliner is a must.

I tow heavy, so a diesel is a must.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by kingston
I've been predominantly a GM guy, but I need another diesel truck to tow trailers with. I've got five big trailers, 3 gooseneck and 2 bumper pull. GM's quality and warranty service has let me down one too many times. The latest truck is a 2016 2500HD High Country. Within the first year, the wax coating GM puts on frames started falling off and the frame started turbo rusting, they sort of half-ässed fixed it once, but the rust continues and looks terrible. Either way, I'm keeping this truck for my wife to drive this winter.

I swung into a FORD dealership today and drove an F350 Lariat 4x4 CC 8' Bed SRW. It was really comfortable, drove and handled well, the frame is painted and the body is Aluminum. I'm thinking it's time for a change. While I'm familiar with GM's truck configurations, Ford's is not just new to me, but has lots more options.

Do I get a 10,000lb GVWR F250 with the beefed up suspension in the following (basically a derated F350 SRW)

-F250 HIGH-CAPACITY TRAILER TOW PACKAGE1 (F-250 with diesel engine): 3.0" trailer hitch receiver, max. front springs, upgraded axles and 25,700-lb. GCWR

-CAMPER PACKAGE:1 front springs upgrade (unless maximum springs have been computer-selected as included equipment), rear stabilizer bar (SRW), auxiliary rear springs (F-250), and slide-in camper certification

Or an 11,400 or 11,500 GVWR F350 SRW with

Are there any other features that are must haves or must avoid?

Is Ins and licensing the same $$ for 3/4T vs. 1T in your state? In some states there's an advantage one way or the other.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by horse1

Is Ins and licensing the same $$ for 3/4T vs. 1T in your state? In some states there's an advantage one way or the other.

This is a great question! I'm going to register the truck in MI, so I'll have to look.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The 2019 Ford diesels have 6 speed trans. Next year they get the 10 speed trans, and likely a extra 1-2 mpg. I'm going to look at one next spring, but I need payload more than towing, so I am thinking the new 7.3 gas engine.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Marker lights are $90 option IIRC and seem to be a kind of regional thing. When I was shopping it seemed like they were way more common on the East coast.

I’m pretty sure any trim level that has the power equipment group that gets you power windows, locks, mirrors, and cruise will come with Bluetooth capability. I know mine has it even though I haven’t bothered to get the manual out and figure it out.

And I’m %99 sure that any Super Duty that comes with a bed gets a backup camera now. I think I read that only cab and chassis orders could be had without a camera.

I’ve had two spray in liners before, one LineX and one Rhino. The Ford Toughbed spray in seems much more like the LineX which I much prefered. Time will tell how it holds up. And it was cheaper than I could have had it done at the closest LineX shop.

And yes this thing is amazingly quiet even compared to my 2016 F250 I drive at work.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The first thing I'd consider is the dealer. Some are just better than others. A larger dealers isn't necessarily better. Start with Yelp and Google reviews to begin to get a picture of the Ford dealers in your area. Don't be afraid to drive a bit to find a good dealer, in the long run it will be worth it. I don't know where you live but I know L. B. Smith Ford in Lemoyne PA is good, my high school buddy worked their until this year and always had good things to say about them. Their google reviews back this up.

Beyond that, as mentioned above the 10 speed auto transmission is going to boost fuel economy and I'd wait for one if you can, but the 2020 Super Duty doesn't go into production until the second week of November and should show up on dealer lots sometime in the December / January time frame.

Good luck with your purchase!

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
With this new transmission coming out, you'd think Ford would have better incentives on the 2019s.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ford dealers will have gone without a delivery of a new Super Duty for around 6 months before they see a 2020, so inventories are getting low. I checked a local mega Ford dealer and they only have a handful of Super Duties in stock. Low inventory = low discount.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Another thing to consider between the 250 and 350 and the 10K limit is that if you run a commercial vehicle over 10K across state lines, it becomes subject to a whole bunch of federal DOT reps, including hiring records, safety inspections, logbooks, and medical cards.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't expect to tag this with commercial plates, but that's an excellent point.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I really like the selectable locking rear diff ootion. You will like the rear view camera, you likely have had some trucks equipped with them i the past, not sure you can even get a superduty without one (with a bed).

Ive had 4 superduties. 7.3, 6.0 and 6.4 diesels and my current superduty is a 6.2 gas. I've had very good luck with all of them. I tried a 2500HD once, it was a frustrating experience that I don't care to repeat.

My current truck is a lariat, 2 of my previous ones were lariats. Them seats sure clean up nice.

Good luck.

Something clever here.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ford F250/350's are the greatest heavy duty pickups of all-time, no question.

Brian, if you have huge balls rip the factory emissions bullchit off of it ASAP.

Fuuck the warranty and live large......grin

Last edited by SamOlson; 10/31/19.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
After studying a few hundred window stickers, I'm still swimming in options. I really want the Lariat's comfortable seats, but don't need any of the other crap. I don't need a navigation system, especially one that I can talk to. I don't need FordPass Connect or to turn the truck into a wifi hotspot. I don't need adaptive steering, fake wood accents, carpet or a moonroof. Who the hell goes in to a Ford dealership asking for Super Duty with a colossal moon roof? Really, it's insane— horse women and Italians?

I found an almost perfectly equipped XL with STX package, it's missing one minor option. I worry about the fixed height seat, I've got lot's of 1000 mile trips coming, like 30.

My two current trucks are fully loaded. It's been my default path. It's easy, particularly when there's a really good deal to be had. Not being familiar with Fords is like fresh eyes. When configuring a truck build, I'm first checking off all the options my current trucks have that I've never used.

Regarding adaptive steering, my 2016 High Country has adaptive steering and I hate it. It's always trying to pull the wheel straight on the highway. The faster I drive the harder it tries. On any straight road with a crown, you end up holding the wheel so it's favoring whatever direction is toward the centerline. Just a bit, but adaptive steering tries to pull the wheel straight. It's merciless, until you've driven on a straightaway at 75mph for 20 minutes. It's a slow learner.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
“Loaded” trucks today are about ridiculous. In price and options.

My newest truck is an 02 and I mostly drive a 2000. The new XLs, Tradesmans, and equivalent are nicer inside than my 02 Denali. Seats wont be leather, but my hide isn’t that picky.

Good luck and hang a pic of whatever you get!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you're near a major metro area, there should be a shop that can add power functionality to manual seats. Or if they're really good, they could find power seats out of a late model wreck swap them in. Any good Ford dealer service department should be able to point you in the right direction.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MadMooner
“Loaded” trucks today are about ridiculous. In price and options.

My newest truck is an 02 and I mostly drive a 2000. The new XLs, Tradesmans, and equivalent are nicer inside than my 02 Denali. Seats wont be leather, but my hide isn’t that picky.

Good luck and hang a pic of whatever you get!

I’m replacing my beloved 07 Classic LBZ Duramax. I took real good care of it, but the salt in the Northeast is hell on trucks. It’s got lots of rust and needs fenders, rockers, cab corners, cab mounts, shock mounts, cross members, fuel lines, fuel cooler, brake lines, etc. I pulled the bed to work on the frame, but I’m out of time.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by walt501
If you're near a major metro area, there should be a shop that can add power functionality to manual seats. Or if they're really good, they could find power seats out of a late model wreck swap them in. Any good Ford dealer service department should be able to point you in the right direction.

They want $4-5K for used 2017+ seat and console sets from what I'm seeing.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Selection of option gets really limited the way options are bundled..

Mine is an '11 and I think 2 generations out, so no current Info.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
sounds to me like you should look at a Ram tradesman.......

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Looking at the interior wear on that I'd want to know the engine hours vs. the miles. My guess is that it's spent a lot of time idling....

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I bought a 2018 250 with the Diesel new. It is a CC with the STX package. Mine has the snowplow prep, camper package...basically all the towing goodies and it is 10,000 GVWR. Best truck I’ve ever owned. I have about 38,000 on it now. Thing has ample power and towing ability. The only gripe I really have with mine is the camera that came with my package. The screen is tiny and only one camera on the tailgate. Sure would like to have the second camera that captures the bed for 5th wheel/gooseneck hookup. It’s NOT a simple add after the fact.

Buy once, cry once.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I’d get a Cummins

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
I’d get a Cummins

But, they come in Dodges.

A good friend and cattleman bought one of those. He said dash lights kept coming on, necessitating trips back to the dealer. One day it "lit up like a Christmas tree" and left his stranded. He traded it, got a Ford F-350 4dr, gasser, mounted an aluminum Gooseneck type bed and is happy.

I see long time diesel pickup owners going from diesel to gas due to DEP and all the sensors on the new diesels. It's a shame, IMO.

DF

G
GF1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I’m pretty happy with my 2015 F350 that I bought new. Now has 118,000 miles, and no troubles. Really like the 6.7L diesel.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
What did you end up with Kingston?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
2020 Ford Super Duties are showing up on dealer lots right now.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The convenience of the rear cameras for hooking up trailers and parking at the grocery store is appealing, but I could live without them.
For under $100, I added a license plate camera for trailer hooking. It has a small monitor that sits on the dash, way off to the right out of the way. It's about the best money I've spent on a vehicle. I do quite a bit of trailer hooking and it saves a lot of getting in and out to get lined up. The only issue is bright sun. If it's too bright and the ball is in shadow, I can't see it at all.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What’d ya get, Kingston?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just note that mechanical repairs will generally take longer and cost more than for non-super duty as suspension components linkages gets are bigger heavier and have more attachment points.

Compare YouTube videos of front axle seal service between regular and superduty.

So budget accordingly, or skip 4wd if you don't need it.
What about a regular 350 vs. 250 SD? Superdutys are popular with the lifting crowd and consequently have a pretty good price premium on them (higher resale too)

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
There is no regular 350. All F-series 250 and up are "Super-Duty"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Clearly I have not looked at New ones in detail in a number of years..

Thanks AJM

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Consider the superduty ''death wobble ". Brother's 2013 had it in spades. Google it. Scott

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by s2503000
Consider the superduty ''death wobble ". Brother's 2013 had it in spades. Google it. Scott

Ram will get it as well when parts wear out, just like Jeep wranglers.

Rob
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

I cured mine with tires that had a stiffer sidewall or running more PSI than the door jamb suggest (65PSI). 70-75PSI fixed all the tires I've tried that wobbled @ 65PSI. FWIW, I'm on my 2nd super duty (both diesel) w/8 sets of tires between the 2 of them. I've run BF Goodrich (3x), Continental, Nitto (3x), and Goodyear.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I cured mine with tires that had a stiffer sidewall or running more PSI than the door jamb suggest (65PSI). 70-75PSI fixed all the tires I've tried that wobbled @ 65PSI. FWIW, I'm on my 2nd super duty (both diesel) w/8 sets of tires between the 2 of them. I've run BF Goodrich (3x), Continental, Nitto (3x), and Goodyear.

Thats not the death wobble then...caused by worn out drag links, ball joints etc. Weaker side walls will cause some squirming on the road and the higher psi might fix that part but its a separate issue.

Rob
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
death wobble won't be an issue if your truck is maintained and parts are replaced when needed, depending on your driving habits it maybe sooner than what's expected.

Rob
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Castor angle can affect whether or not you get the DW too. Also a bad steering shock will let it happen at times, Ford had a run of defective steering stabilizers circa 2017-2018. It’s not just unmaintained or worn out trucks, my dad’s 2018 SuperDuty has shown it twice now. His truck has 11k on it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by TheKid
Castor angle can affect whether or not you get the DW too. Also a bad steering shock will let it happen at times, Ford had a run of defective steering stabilizers circa 2017-2018. It’s not just unmaintained or worn out trucks, my dad’s 2018 SuperDuty has shown it twice now. His truck has 11k on it.

Then its piss poor parts that Ford is putting into them...Im not knocking ford I like them and will probably buy a super duty next. The steering stabilizer shouldn't be the part that is preventing death wobble from happening, it maybe just masking the real issue.

I had a Jeep Wrangler, lifted and running 35" tires, it handled better than a new jeep off the lot, but that was because I put all top end heavy duty parts into the steering on it...no death wobble or floating around on the road. anyone who has had a jeep knows all to much about death wobble...

Rob
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by harv3589

Thats not the death wobble then...caused by worn out drag links, ball joints etc. Weaker side walls will cause some squirming on the road and the higher psi might fix that part but its a separate issue.

It was death wobble and PSI did fix it. They weren't squishy sidewalls. I've got over 200K in Super Duty's. I drive 75-80K Mi/yr and have a pretty fair feel for what's going on as well as being a stickler for maint.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
When the term death wobble started floating around, it took me a while to realize it's what we used to call a shimmy. I was common on older cars back in the 60's. I drove a number of them that would do it.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P

I’d look at the Ford Co-Pilot360 features. Includes automatic emergency braking, blind spot monitors, backup cameras, lane keep assist and auto high beams. My 2020 F150 also has the voice activated navigation system and the electronic locking differential.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I work for Ford so if somebody's looking for one in/near NE, make sure to shoot me a PM!

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Death Wobble showed up in mine recently. I have 42k miles. It’s NOT a fun time on the highway. Goes in on Monday, we will see how big this fight is gonna be.🙄

Buy once, cry once.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Poconojack

I’d look at the Ford Co-Pilot360 features. Includes automatic emergency braking, blind spot monitors, backup cameras, lane keep assist and auto high beams. My 2020 F150 also has the voice activated navigation system and the electronic locking differential.

The blind spot and 4 - corner obstacle/motion warning system is one of my favorite features on new vehicles.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by deerhunter5555
Death Wobble showed up in mine recently. I have 42k miles. It’s NOT a fun time on the highway. Goes in on Monday, we will see how big this fight is gonna be.🙄

What tires are you running, how much PSI? If you recently lost ~5PSI or more due to cold weather, getting back to 65-70PSI may solve your problem. Local dealer has treated me very well. ~30K Mi mark on my '11, death-wobble appeared from 45ish MPH up through about 75MPH. We chased it w/parts (steering stabilizer and something else I'm not remembering, idler arm maybe?). In the end, more PSI (from 65 listed on the door up to 70) solved my problem. I've got 160K on that truck now and on my 5th set of tires without another wobble issue towing, empty, or 700# ATV in the bed.

Last edited by horse1; 01/24/20.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

What tires are you running, how much PSI? If you recently lost ~5PSI or more due to cold weather, getting back to 65-70PSI may solve your problem. Local dealer has treated me very well. ~30K Mi mark on my '11, death-wobble appeared from 45ish MPH up through about 75MPH. We chased it w/parts (steering stabilizer and something else I'm not remembering, idler arm maybe?). In the end, more PSI (from 65 listed on the door up to 70) solved my problem. I've got 160K on that truck now and on my 5th set of tires without another wobble issue towing, empty, or 700# ATV in the bed.
Thanks for the heads up. I just upped them to 70 pounds.
I’m running the factory stock Goodyear Wrangler Kevlar Adventure All Terrain LT275/70R18

Buy once, cry once.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Friend just received his letter authorizing a buy back of his 2019 F250.
Over 30 days in the shop for the DW. They can’t fix it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by willhunt4
Friend just received his letter authorizing a buy back of his 2019 F250.
Over 30 days in the shop for the DW. They can’t fix it.

Good for him! Wish we had those types of laws here...basically you're stuck with it here no recourse but to trade it off.

Rob
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Little update on my F250. The truck is out of the 3/36k warranty, but the dealer did me right. They changed the steering dampener with the “updated” one for $50. They treated me like my warranty was still in. So hopefully this and the added psi will solve it.

Buy once, cry once.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Hope it works out for you. Our dealer has Dad on the list for the first stabilizer they get in and told him to run 80psi in his tires.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

What’d ya get, Kingston?

2019 F350 XLT 4x4 SRW CC LB

I've put 6K+ miles on it since November. So far, so good.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
That’s a pretty sharp looking freight train Kingston.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Very nice truck!

Rob
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

I’m running the factory stock Goodyear Wrangler Kevlar Adventure All Terrain LT275/70R18

Goodyear Duratracs sucked sweaty donkey-balls on my super duty. Squishy SOB's.

Last edited by horse1; 01/28/20.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

Goodyear Duratracs sucked sweaty donkey-balls on my super duty. Squishy SOB's.
Yeah...not a fan of these either. But, gonna drive them until:
1. They wear out.
2. I trade the truck
Or...
3. I die
Any of which are possible at this point. Been looking at one very similar to Kingston’s except in Ruby Red.

Buy once, cry once.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Did the extra PSI help the wobble?

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Did the extra PSI help the wobble?
The dealership changed out a part that is supposedly re-engineered by Ford. Since they changed that part and I raised the PSI to 70 pounds, I haven’t experienced another episode. (Knock on wood)
I am very close to trading it in on a model similar to The one Kingston bought.

Buy once, cry once.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

What’d ya get, Kingston?

Ohhhh! She’s a beaut!

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Dang you, Kingston!!!!
2019 F350 4X4 8’ bed....no more death wobble for me!

Buy once, cry once.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

What’d ya get, Kingston?

With that long bed, how long is it overall?
Just curious. Thanks

Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Grandpa:the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Dad:son you have 2 choices for supper eat or don't eat.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Texczech

What’d ya get, Kingston?

With that long bed, how long is it overall?
Just curious. Thanks
Roughly 23’ as best I can measure by myself.

Buy once, cry once.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
23' is a lot of truck. Good looking truck for sure.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Grandpa:the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Dad:son you have 2 choices for supper eat or don't eat.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
and even longer with a trailer hitch on the ass end, and a cowcatcher bumper out front....

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Texczech
23' is a lot of truck. Good looking truck for sure.

Sounds about right. I test-drove a CC/8'box model to see if it'd fit in my 24' garage. Fits, just barely with a drawbar in. Plenty of room for a 6.75' box CC in a 24' garage FWIW.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Old guy I knew bought a new CC F350 one time to haul the grandkids around. Took it in and had a nice bale bed put on before he ever brought it home. Got it home and SOB, it was 8” too long for the garage! He’d always had regular cabs and it never dawned on him that it might not fit, embarrassed him to no end.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My 6.5' box crew cab F-150 is usually the longest thing in the parking lot and it needs lots of room to turn around. An 8 footer on an F-350 would have the turning radius more like a bus.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Windfall
My 6.5' box crew cab F-150 is usually the longest thing in the parking lot and it needs lots of room to turn around. An 8 footer on an F-350 would have the turning radius more like a bus.
I do a lot of “backing” that’s for sure.

Buy once, cry once.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Windfall
I do a lot of “backing” that’s for sure.

That’s what she said...

Buy once, cry once.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

232 members (10gaugemag, 450yukon, 1_deuce, 45_100, 338reddog, 39 invisible), 2,318 guests, and 1,148 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,701
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.