S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
POffline
LJBass
Campfire Regular
Missouri
Well, made some calls. Going to get the LEM Big Bite #12. Instead of Trying to baby this cow along until mid december waiting on the butcher. 5 year warranty and local pickup. 365.00 and I got somebody chipping in. Hard for me to justify for deer, but the cattle change things. Especially when I sold 2 Broken Mouth cows for .05 and .12 a pound the other day.

Man 5 cents a pound? I sold a limper a month ago and she brought 58 cents which i thought was bad.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Get a peddle switch.

Around $13 at Harbor Freight.
They are the cats ass when you are stuffing, making patties,
Or just have your hands all slopped up and need to flip the switch.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Aubrey was grinding the trimmings from my two antelope last night. 20 some lbs ground faster than she could load it. 3/4 hp 10 year old Cabelas. Their design is new (and improved???) from my model.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I’ve used it for stuffing burger bags and sausage. I can stumble through it. A sausage stuffer is the kittens whiskers though. I think I bought an 11 lb canister. Wish I’d gone bigger.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

A side note, I buy those stainless buffet pans at Sams and restaurant supply stores. Half deep full width, half width, full depth and width. They come in handy for holding the various cuts in the butchering process and keeps momma from complaining about using her good pans.

L
LJBass Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by sjphillips

Man 5 cents a pound? I sold a limper a month ago and she brought 58 cents which i thought was bad.

I had a field rep come out and bid a group of 14. 2-1/2yr old blk bwf cows that calved but didnt breed back. I'ld say body codition score of 5. He said .50-.60, He recommended breeding them and rolling them to a fall calving herd.

I sold 2 old cows that were pretty fleshy for 33.50cwt. Seemed standard for the day.

Calf market is pretty rough too. Especially if you are one of that guys that dont band, vaccinate, or wean. The fields around here are still full of calves waiting for a better market. I'm glad I shipped mine when I did.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
I built my own.

Keep your man-tits strapped down, it's not osha approved.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Pretty sure this contraption was used in a SAW movie. Worked good, too. 😬😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Amazon has the LEM 22 on sale for 393.00. I just ordered one today. Free shipping. $30.00 more than the #12. Figured that was a no brainer.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Timing of this thread is good for me. Since my butcher retired last year, the wife has decided she wants to do her own processing. Making summer sausage, pepperoni sticks, and brats.

We are looking at the Hobart with 7 hp on the grind and 1 hp on the mix....Wife loves all things commercial.

What other handy tools or equipment will we need to make the above?

Thanks 😎

Apologies to Bass. Not trying to hijack your thread...figured maybe you could benefit from any replies.

Edit...Wife just told me how much this thing would cost...No frick’n way!

Last edited by Beaver10; 10/31/19.

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I got a Cabelas about 10 years back when they were still Cabelas. It works great. But I been thinking that it might be better to buy a brand name like Lems. If you ever need parts you can always go to Lems. Then there was the thread just the other day about Cabelas no longer warranty their stuff unless you pay for it. I think for sure if I ever have to buy another I will go with a brand like Lems.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Thread title reminded me of Jessica: she liked to be on top.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's got mud daubers in it, just a little scrub and it's ready for action.

Looks like it's got a tape worm too..........

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
When I bought mine a big consideration was lifetime warranty from cabelas. Had i known that would go away 1 year later I would have gone LEM or picked up one from the local restaurant supply guy. He always has high quality used stuff at great prices.

My cabelas hasn’t given any issues yet. Hopefully never does.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I built my own.

Had a call for a woman who got her middle finger wrapped around the auger with a contraption like that. She was processing tomatoes and slid her finger a little to deep. We took it apart and sent her and the grinder to the emergency room. That finger had to be a foot long,,

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by baldhunter
For the average personal processor,I think a #12 is about the best.Plates and knives are reasonably priced and you will probably spend as much or more time cleaning than grinding.Also look for a good size throat on the grinder head so you don't have to cut the meat into little pieces before you grind it.I use an old General small commercial grinder.It's quiet,powerful and designed to grind large quantities of meat.

I'am the 3rd generation to own the same grinder its made 100's of tons of ground meat in the past 70 + years....have the knifes sharpened every couple years and change the gear box fluid....

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
LEM is having a 25% off on their Big Bite grinders through the weekend...I just bought another grinder and 10# stuffer...

Public landowner...
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mike_S
I built my own.

Had a call for a woman who got her middle finger wrapped around the auger with a contraption like that. She was processing tomatoes and slid her finger a little to deep. We took it apart and sent her and the grinder to the emergency room. That finger had to be a foot long,,

Word

That's why I make my kids run it.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
in laws just sent me an early christmas present, never heard of the brand, megachef MG700, 1500 W power

We ran an antelope grind through it last night, about 7 pounds of burger, took about 90 seconds to feed it through.

It actually only bogged down on frozen pieces, the rest went through as fast as I could feed it in.

No idea on longevity and hopefully we run an elk grind through is soon to really test it!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bob_H_in_NH
in laws just sent me an early christmas present, never heard of the brand, megachef MG700, 1500 W power

We ran an antelope grind through it last night, about 7 pounds of burger, took about 90 seconds to feed it through.

It actually only bogged down on frozen pieces, the rest went through as fast as I could feed it in.

No idea on longevity and hopefully we run an elk grind through is soon to really test it!

This one?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/MegaChe...nd-Kibbe-Attachments-98596263M/302164262

Carpe' Scrotum
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

362 members (2alphas2, 2500HD, 160user, 3333vl, 257 mag, 37 invisible), 2,055 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,498
Posts18,472,211
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.