Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by jimmyp
Also what ammunition where you using? Reloads, factory, bullet weight?? One hole group at 25 yards! How many rounds in the group you shot??

I'd have to look up the load data but I think it was a mid-range load of Longshot or AA9 with 170gr Lee cast bullets. The hole is about the size of a quarter, five shots, all touching, 25yds, benched, iron sights. Not every group, but enough to be convincing. With 180 XTP it shoots nearly as well and seems to want to keep up with my Super Blackhawk 44 mag which is an honest 4" gun at 100yds with a 4x scope mounted. I need to get an optic on the Witness to wring the most out of it but I really don't plan on using it past 50yds.

I don't have another 10mm to directly compare it to but slide speed is up there, it flings the empties with authority. I have additional main and trigger springs to try. Haven't had a lot of time to play with it.

GB1

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
180 XPT about the most accurate bullet so far in my Glock 40.

DF

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
This has been an informative thread. I'm about convinced I need to just buy a Glock and shoot it till I get used to the trigger.......

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by bwinters
This has been an informative thread. I'm about convinced I need to just buy a Glock and shoot it till I get used to the trigger.......

There are aftermarket option, IMO, none of them very good, just better than factory.

Other than the trigger, hard to beat the Glock.

DF

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I am going to go with Yondering on the Witness 10mm, a fine Custom made 1911 would have a 1.5 inch group guarantee, there is no way that a 10mm witness would do this on a regular basis. You might shoot a group like that but to repeat it 5 times I don’t see it happening, earst while folks would be buying witness pistols for competition instead of paying thousands of dollars for an Ed Brown etx

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My Gen 3 20 shot 180s very well. Got a deal on an Alpha Wolf 6.5" barrel and have that on there now. It is a hammer with Underwood 200 grain cast bullets.

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Yondering for the glock 20 what have you done if anything to your triggers?

I start with a factory "-" connector and extra power trigger spring. Most of the time that's a decent enough trigger to work with. I have aftermarket triggers in a few of my Glocks but for the most part they are just a different trigger shoe and nothing particularly special.

The nicest Glock trigger IMO is the full ZEV package, but be prepared to pay for it. I don't use that in a carry gun though; IMO it's more of a range gun trigger.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Thank you, I am with you, there is only so much you can do with the glock trigger. Would love to have the full zev trigger, just more than I feel I want to spend at this time. I have the spring in the gun, will just buy a ghost connector for it and call it good for now. Probably get 500 Montana bullet 200 grain bullets and a Kanai chest holster for now.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

That's what I did. I carried one during the winter for six consecutive years when I was down on the ranch. It took probably four or five boxes of factory ammo to get used to it.

Fortunately, I never had to use it but I was confident that I would be sufficiently well armed to deal with smugglers or other miscreants wearing heavy coats or multiple layers of winter clothing.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Like you stated in your original post, the triggers kinda suck, that's just the way it is....but they are plenty functional and really have never been that hard for me to use. I can complain about it and dislike it, but it's not a lightweight rifle shooting extended ranges with a big focus on the trigger.....it's for shooting quickly and efficiently at 25 yards and (for me) the trigger isn't the most important factor there.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Jay you have a great point and where I'm at. Except, my target distances be more like 25 feet. I've managed to stock some pretty creepy/crappy triggers fairly well but it takes a bunch of concentration. I wonder how that translates when you dont have time to think/concentrate only react.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Jay you have a great point and where I'm at. Except, my target distances be more like 25 feet. I've managed to stock some pretty creepy/crappy triggers fairly well but it takes a bunch of concentration. I wonder how that translates when you dont have time to think/concentrate only react.

Dry fire. Lots of it.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I never understood why folks feel they need to "hot rod" the 10 but down load the 41, 44 Mag's, the 45 Colt less than "Ruger Only" loads let alone 475 and 500 Linebaugh's. I have (do) owned them all and have critters with a few and just don't see the logic of ramping up the 10?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
I think guys just what to reach the original ballistics, ( and should stop there).

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Yeah, that's something I've wondered about. Hope I'm never is a spot where it's reaction only..... Personally, I notice how bad the Glock triggers are a lot "less" when I'm shooting them quicker compared to when I'm concentrating.

Come down for a visit and shoot mine, you're welcome anytime. I need to get it out and shoot it. I'll have to check to see what ammo I've got on hand but you're welcome to try it out.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Personally I feel the trigger thing is somewhat overblown.

It's like buying $400 ballbats
A good hitter can get good hits with a junky bat.
A bad hitter ain't hitting dingers with anything.
The best hitters can't be certain how much the bat helped.
If a good hitter just cleared the fence with a great bat,
MAYBE the bat made the difference.

My most deadly rifle has a crappy trigger.
A pile of deer have still died.
The G19 has a spongy crappy trigger.
I'm amazed at how often it will break claybirds at 50-75 yards.
I
Indian vs arrow vs
guys with OCD analyzing tools.

No, I didn't say it doesn't matter.
Just that,
MAYBE,
more focus on shooting, less on the tool.

PS. Dead certain some here can out shoot me.
Bet with money on the line,
Me with my 1911 or Python,
Them with a stock Glock...
I'm still losing.

Last edited by Dillonbuck; 11/07/19.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I agree with the opinion that Glock triggers suck. I have owned multiple dozens of Glocks over the years and never changed out a trigger. They are easy to "master" through repeated use. They do get much, much better through both live firing and repeated dry firing. I highly recommend repeated dry firing for multiple reasons, not the least of which is the break in of the trigger. As to the topic of this thread, since they came out, I don't think I've been without a G20 or G29 since they came out.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I am going to go with Yondering on the Witness 10mm, a fine Custom made 1911 would have a 1.5 inch group guarantee, there is no way that a 10mm witness would do this on a regular basis. You might shoot a group like that but to repeat it 5 times I don’t see it happening, earst while folks would be buying witness pistols for competition instead of paying thousands of dollars for an Ed Brown etx

They do. EEA Witness is one of the more popular pistols in three gun and action pistol competition. A friend of mine from work runs a couple of them in three gun. It is a much more affordable option than a custom 1911 and will run with any of them. You can get anything from mild to wild from the factory.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
don’t know anything about 3 gun but it kind of strikes me as odd that such an obscure manufacturer would be chosen over glocks sigs S&w etc. So what data can you provide in the form on links that will prove your contention that Eea Witness pistols are very popular in 3 gun shooting. OTOH 3 gun shooting has nothing to do with hair splitting accuracy, so even if they are 30% of the 3 gun market this would not speak to their accuracy would it??? Would we not be talking about a different shooting game?? Post up some links of the witness being shot at camp Perry for accuracy!!

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

I don't see how it's my responsibility to educate you further. If you don't accept that the EAA guns are any good, that's your prerogative. Carry on.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (160user, 10gaugeman, 02bfishn, 16gage, 1234, 007FJ, 53 invisible), 2,498 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,430
Posts18,470,780
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.