-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wal-mart has them same price ship to store free.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Morakniv...9c3952&athancid=null&athena=true

GB1

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I bought a few for $10 this past summer near my place in north Idaho. Great piece.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I like the Mora and Martinii knives a lot. There's a carbon steel Mora in my truck all the time that's easy to sharpen and stays sharp through a lot of use. They may be inexpensive but they're not a cheap knife.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
These look to be a bit shorter than the classic Mora “Companion”, that’s OK, it’ll pack easier in my handlebar bag.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a bunch of the cheap Mora's - both carbon and stainless. I love them. We got caught without electricity in a snow storm in a cabin one time. I used my Mora to split logs and make kindling for the wood burning stove, Beat it up with a fire poker to hammer the blade through the logs. Got home and sharpened it and took a file to the spline to clean it up, and it's fine. That was the stainless version. Tough knives.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
BTW....The one listed is fine for the kitchen or camp, but does not hold securely in the sheath like the companions. Just FYI. I don't think I'd carry it on my belt if hunting or hiking.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Where are those knives made?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't care for Mora knives. I tried them, both carbon and stainless, but don't care for them.

When it comes to cheap knives, I prefer the Cold Steel Canadian Belt Knife or Pendleton Lite Hunter styles.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
I don't care for Mora knives. I tried them, both carbon and stainless, but don't care for them.

When it comes to cheap knives, I prefer the Cold Steel Canadian Belt Knife or Pendleton Lite Hunter styles.

Never tried the Canadian Belt Hunter but their Pendleton Light Hunter and Mini Hunter are Great Kniifes for the money.
The cheapest Cold Steel Stuff has been damn good knifes IMO and experience.

The Cold Steel Roach Belly has been one of the best and most useful cheap knifes I’ve ever bought. Sucker is surgical sharp!!!

https://www.bladehq.com/item--Cold-Steel-Roach-Belly-Fixed-Blade--10139

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by nighthawk

J[quote=nighthawk]Shhh! Calling a cheap knife good is a heresy. But with modern metallurgy and production methods it's easy to make a cheap, serviceable knife. Even stainless is so much better - what they use in production facilities where you work with a knife 8 hours a day. And those guys would buy knives more expensive than Victronics/Forchners if it made life better.

Just keep it sharp and you'll make it through any game animal. Dad once field dressed a deer with his cheap pipe knife and it was far from razor sharp.

Another secret is that being a "hunting knife" in most cases is a pretty easy gig for a blade. Gutting a deer? It only requires cutting some soft tissue. I expect that anything Mora makes is more than adequate.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by RJY66
Originally Posted by nighthawk

J[quote=nighthawk]Shhh! Calling a cheap knife good is a heresy. But with modern metallurgy and production methods it's easy to make a cheap, serviceable knife. Even stainless is so much better - what they use in production facilities where you work with a knife 8 hours a day. And those guys would buy knives more expensive than Victronics/Forchners if it made life better.

Just keep it sharp and you'll make it through any game animal. Dad once field dressed a deer with his cheap pipe knife and it was far from razor sharp.

Another secret is that being a "hunting knife" in most cases is a pretty easy gig for a blade. Gutting a deer? It only requires cutting some soft tissue. I expect that anything Mora makes is more than adequate.

Yep, gutting a deer can be done with a broken beer bottle.

Skinning one and breaking down quarters, that's not quite the same knife game.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I have used those in the past, and was always dissapointed. I had a friend in UK make me a knife with much the same design, but with thicker, better steel, a full tang and Walnut scales. Cost more than $9 though. [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

^ ^ ^

dumazz

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Those Mora knives are ground with a convex bevel.
To preserve the correct edge geometry, sharpen with silicon carbide paper over a mouse pad.

Last edited by night_owl; 11/02/19.

abusus non tollit usum
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

Never tried the Canadian Belt Hunter but their Pendleton Light Hunter and Mini Hunter are Great Kniifes for the money.
The cheapest Cold Steel Stuff has been damn good knifes IMO and experience.

The Cold Steel Roach Belly has been one of the best and most useful cheap knifes I’ve ever bought. Sucker is surgical sharp!!!

https://www.bladehq.com/item--Cold-Steel-Roach-Belly-Fixed-Blade--10139

Have a Pendleton and and Outdoorsman. Roach Belly on the way! Finn Bear next.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well, there just went another $40 to Amazon (three plus shipping).

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One for each hand?

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Well, there just went another $40 to Amazon (three plus shipping).

LOL

--- Kid Rock 2022

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by las
Originally Posted by RickyD
You need to get prime. For a hundred bucks all shipping from Amazon is free and their Prime TV and movie videos and series are also free to watch.

It ain't free.... you just paid $100 for the "free shipping" - which can mount up if one orders a lot from amazon. I just ordered 3 bottles of gun Corrosion X from the manufacturer. With the $7+/3 flat rate shipping ($14 for 4), it came out a few cents higher than Amazon Prime. And I didn't have to try to find my wife's password.

There was about a buck and a half difference in price per bottle. Equally priced, then, not counting the $100 up front to Amazon.

Better sign up for some of those "cash back" credit cards too, where they charge you high interest while they use your money, then giv e a small portion of it "back" to you.

As I said tho, Prime may be a better deal if one uses it a lot. Due diligence, and all that. smile

I've more than paid for the 100 I paid for free shipping by what I've purchased. I reno'ed a house and that paid for the 100 bucks many times over. The tires I had shipped to the garage to install likely paid for the hundred bucks alone. I think everyone understands that but some don't know about it.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I typically buy on Amazon maybe 5 or ten items a year, most often used paperbacks in the $10 to $15 range delivered.$40 (actually $37 delivered) is a big order for me. I don’t watch tv or movies at home.

I expect Amazon Prime can be a good deal, but prob’ly not for me.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (222ND, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 44 invisible), 2,053 guests, and 1,167 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,877
Posts18,478,919
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.