Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I have heard some bad stuff about St Joes since the buyout..No more Blue Cross excepted for one...Many employees complaining...

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Jumpin' Jehosaphat FG,

That's worse than has ever occurred with me, and I'm no easy draw. Lotta times they have to use the back of my hand, I even recommend it if they take more than a few seconds just checking out my arm. One of the veins on my hand is getting scarred though, and I've been told they might not be able to use it much longer.

One time when someone took three tries and didn't get a hit, I told her I had friends out on the street that could hit a vein quicker than that. And years ago I did know some folks like that.

Better results I hope the next time.

Geno

PS, this week I get to go for shots in my eyeball after I get dye injection in my hand/arm.........................I can hardly keep the excitement level in check.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Phlebotomists at St Joseph Medical Center in Lewiston ID...no experience necessary.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

So did you grab her arse about the time she was going to poke you? Somehow, you apparently pizzed her off. laugh laugh

I've done a lot of blood drawing during my time in the military, and was one of three corpsmen that had to train the entire nursing staff at the University of Washington Hospital back in 79, when they took IVs away from med students for reasons like that...
NONE of the nurses had any venipuncture experience on the entire nursing staff. They wanted the nursing staff to train each other.. and me and the two ex Navy corpsmen were the only three on staff with any experience..

Clearly in Charlie's picture, you can see a very large accessible vein...

yeah, my first question would be if he was on blood thinners...but they should have asked him that beforehand...

My assessment is that the "phleebotomist" put the needle right thru the vein at least twice, instead of in the vein..
once by the wrist and the second time at the spot closer to the elbow...

what makes it all the more shocking is that the vein in the picture is more than accessible and what we would call as large as a sewer pipe in the service...

maybe they could hire some junkies... at least junkies would have more experience at venipuncture than who ever 'tried' to draw blood from Charlie...

it looks more dramatic than it actually is, just as the blood is dissipating, as the arm is being moved around..

I had a crash on a motorcycle in the Army in a parking lot, when some bimbo came flying around a corner, right in the middle of the drive land and refused to even try to not hit me... I dodged her car, which kept on going, but dumped the bike and came down on my hip.....staggered across the street to the ER at the base hospital....nothing broken....but the hip was swollen and the next morning the entire hip looked like one massive 18 inch across bruise....

Daily the blood drained down my leg slowly until 2 weeks later it had all drained down to my foot, which was swollen to twice its size, and was black and blue from my ankle to the big toe...

either way, it won't kill ya, but you sure don't want to experience it twice...

hope you're back in the pink real quick there Charlie...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I had an idiot drawing blood from me spear a nerve once. It hurt for a year and a half.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Damn, Charlie. Sorry to see that, Sir.

When I got out of the hospital 2 years ago, both of my arms looked like that all the way down.

The healthcare industry really does have a lack of competence in that regard.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I started many hundreds of IVs when I was a paramedic. I was really good at it.
Some of the health care providers are not so good.

And, after all, the guy who finished last in his class in medical school is working as a doctor, same as the guy who finished first.

Docs typically don’t do venipuncture enough to be good. A smart one will get a nurse first.

I know. In fact, in 14 years working at a hospital I never saw a doc start an IV. My point is that in every branch of the medical field, there are some really good health care providers, and there are some that are not so good.

Oh, ok. Wasn’t sure why you brought up docs.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Damn! Just damn...🤕😎

Took the words right outta my mouth!

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Law here says on the third miss you get to punch them in the puzzy. Sorry to see that FG.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
They make a light that shows veins. Some oeople are just hard sticks. Wife has had so many there is a lot of scars, then they hit a valve.
Arnica gel is at most pharmacies and health type stores alsk have pills. It does work

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

72 members (300_savage, 7mm_Loco, 35, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 10 invisible), 1,707 guests, and 837 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,324
Posts18,526,464
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.