Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Merciful Christ that was painful to endure.

Things are not improving....

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
GB1

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
[quote=jeffbird][quote=cumminscowboy][quote=Jordan Smith]cc,

This is not true at all. You can test tracking at any distance you want, as long as the distance is precisely known and the adjustment increments scaled accordingly.

I agree with you 1000% on that point, I find its simplest to scale it at 100 yards, it deletes and entire step of math and just keeps it simple. 50 or 75 yards would work too if I adjusted the lines on my tall target to scale. This works for me as I have a place in the park by my house. a secure mounting point and a tree next to the target to reference the distance. So I don't have to pull out the 100 yard tape measure every time. I just measure 10 feet beyond the tree, which the road comes around to and I don't even have to walk over there, LOL

any ideas how I could video the actual test through the scope? that has been done before. there is a guy on snipershide that tested some scopes and videoed the results.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Yes I am the only guy here that has come up with a method of testing a scope this way.

That being the Creepy “dude”at the park ? lol That’s no [bleep].

I’ve made a few different jigs, my favorite was a chunk of rail road track welded to a plate.

Run it on a collimator then go shoot the damn thing. Your scope tirades are ridiculous a lot of the time..

“ I’m the only one testing scopes” JFC sit down

Nice way of saying you’re behind.. dude

Also learn how to force close a window on your iPad to clear a frozen link. That video was more painful than the tracking jig

Last edited by rosco1; 11/06/19.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

The distance is exactly 100 yards and needs to be for the test. Moa is measured precisely at 100 yards and marked as such on the tall target.

Please explain your method, perhaps we are missing something?

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by jeffbird

The distance is exactly 100 yards and needs to be for the test. Moa is measured precisely at 100 yards and marked as such on the tall target.

Please explain your method, perhaps we are missing something?

He took a scope that was admittedly “erratic ” and put it on a jig with tolerance so loose you can throw a cat through the gaps, and confirmed it was indeed “erratic “. All though the new angle iron set up is robust in comparison to the previous one made out of plumbers tape.

I like to confirm mechanics from the get go, just me.

I actually do hate to pile on approach and try to avoid it these days., but damn man there are ways you can start a conversation, I don’t think that’s what he’s after here.

Last edited by rosco1; 11/06/19. Reason: Wrong quote
IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
There's ample evidence of his being a phucqking wackjob no matter what the intentions are. No reason to look beyond that fact for deeper meaning. The posts that confirm are abundant. It's simple attention whoring and too dumb to realize nobody buys into his self-perceived credibility. He really thinks he's schooling the 'Fire. May as well have fun with it.

Very possibly emigrated from Canada...

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
[quote=jeffbird][quote=cumminscowboy][quote=Jordan Smith]cc,

This is not true at all. You can test tracking at any distance you want, as long as the distance is precisely known and the adjustment increments scaled accordingly.

I agree with you 1000% on that point, I find its simplest to scale it at 100 yards, it deletes and entire step of math and just keeps it simple. 50 or 75 yards would work too if I adjusted the lines on my tall target to scale. This works for me as I have a place in the park by my house. a secure mounting point and a tree next to the target to reference the distance. So I don't have to pull out the 100 yard tape measure every time. I just measure 10 feet beyond the tree, which the road comes around to and I don't even have to walk over there, LOL

any ideas how I could video the actual test through the scope? that has been done before. there is a guy on snipershide that tested some scopes and videoed the results.

I made a homemade version of this:

https://www.phoneskope.com/store/add-to-cart

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Design

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
TargetsUSA.com markets a "scope tool" that does this.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

Targets USA
cart (0)

Scope Tool
$325.00
Scope track testing base. Design for Marc Taylor with Alaska Precision Rifle and Frank Galli with Sniper's Hide to check the scope ability to track properly and return to zero on a stable fixture. These base weigh about 30 pounds, has 3 adjustable legs, and fit into a large flat rate box.

Price had to go up with all the new machine work we are doing on them. We have not made any money on the last 20 or so sold. Even with this price increase, we are not making a very good margin and there is no margin for dealers to resell them. Sorry if this puts them to high, but it is what it is. It may go back down some, but we have to get some things figured out better.
Facebook
Color

Quantity
Item Reviews
5.0 / 5
starsmall starsmall starsmall starsmall starsmallstarsmall starsmall starsmall starsmall starsmall
3 reviews
Sort:

Lawrence M. check VERIFIED PURCHASE
starsmall starsmall starsmall starsmall starsmallstarsmall starsmall starsmall starsmall starsmall 2019-05-27
Outstanding and functional piece of equipment. Excellent workmanship.

BRS check VERIFIED PURCHASE
starsmall starsmall starsmall starsmall starsmallstarsmall starsmall starsmall starsmall starsmall 2018-10-03
The build quality on this is first rate! The fit and finish are stellar. The adjustable legs are a huge bonus. Be forewarned... this thing is a beast. Massive in size and weight - it nor your scope are going anywhere! Well designed for what is supposed to do, and does that well. It is a tad on the expensive side, but well worth it if you need to confirm scope function or diagnose scope malfunction.

Eugene J. check VERIFIED PURCHASE
starsmall starsmall starsmall starsmall starsmallstarsmall starsmall starsmall starsmall starsmall 2018-05-31
Well built. Holds the scope solid and doesn’t move when checking the scope tracking. Works great!

leftarrowsmall Previous
Next rightarrowsmall
Privacy Policy
Site Managed by Consulting Solutions Group

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Tough crowd

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Cummins- get a phone scope and put your smart phone on the ocular lens.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
Cummins- get a phone scope and put your smart phone on the ocular lens.

That you felt compelled to specify which ...

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
911 what's your emergency?

That guy, he's back at the playground, with the C-clamps...

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Merciful Christ that was painful to endure.

I watched it three times.

#threetimeshard

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Originally Posted by jackmountain
I had no idea the Mormon church condoned the use of such language.

#hesaladderdaysaintnotamormon

#ladderdaysaintladdertestcomingsoon

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Very possibly emigrated from Canada...

LMMFAO.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ringman+reincarnation= YUP

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by sidepass

Targets USA
cart (0)

Scope Tool
$325.00
Scope track testing base. Design for Marc Taylor with Alaska Precision Rifle and Frank Galli with Sniper's Hide to check the scope ability to track properly and return to zero on a stable fixture. These base weigh about 30 pounds, has 3 adjustable legs, and fit into a large flat rate box.

Price had to go up with all the new machine work we are doing on them. We have not made any money on the last 20 or so sold. Even with this price increase, we are not making a very good margin and there is no margin for dealers to resell them. Sorry if this puts them to high, but it is what it is. It may go back down some, but we have to get some things figured out better.
Facebook
Color

Quantity
Item Reviews
5.0 / 5
starsmall starsmall starsmall starsmall starsmallstarsmall starsmall starsmall starsmall starsmall
3 reviews
Sort:

Lawrence M. check VERIFIED PURCHASE
starsmall starsmall starsmall starsmall starsmallstarsmall starsmall starsmall starsmall starsmall 2019-05-27
Outstanding and functional piece of equipment. Excellent workmanship.

BRS check VERIFIED PURCHASE
starsmall starsmall starsmall starsmall starsmallstarsmall starsmall starsmall starsmall starsmall 2018-10-03
The build quality on this is first rate! The fit and finish are stellar. The adjustable legs are a huge bonus. Be forewarned... this thing is a beast. Massive in size and weight - it nor your scope are going anywhere! Well designed for what is supposed to do, and does that well. It is a tad on the expensive side, but well worth it if you need to confirm scope function or diagnose scope malfunction.

Eugene J. check VERIFIED PURCHASE
starsmall starsmall starsmall starsmall starsmallstarsmall starsmall starsmall starsmall starsmall 2018-05-31
Well built. Holds the scope solid and doesn’t move when checking the scope tracking. Works great!

leftarrowsmall Previous
Next rightarrowsmall
Privacy Policy
Site Managed by Consulting Solutions Group

Thirty pounds.... Apparently Frank doesn’t have a gazebo.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
cc,

In all seriousness, do you really think you're the only guy on here that tests his scopes for correct tracking?

Provide details of your testing fixture and the process you use including pictures. Yes I am the only guy here that has come up with a method of testing a scope this way.

You are BEYOND stupid.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

670 members (16gage, 160user, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 10ring1, 16penny, 64 invisible), 3,031 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,620
Posts18,492,682
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.